CLUB RACING for you

Ok here is your chance to pick a few cars that you would like to race in the club races, in the future
please bear in mind whilst the league is operating this class is not used as much and cars that are in the league are not eligible.

please vote and if you would like to leave a post with a particular car or cars that is ok,
feel free to discuss the cars selected with you pro's and con's , but with respect to each pothers comments.

These cars can be quite track dependant so track choice is just as important when selecting a car.
maybe you have a few good combinations you would like to see ..
Don't be shy and post away all feed back is good.
there is no right or wrong its all personal taste.
if you want to put links to cars and tracks that would be great ..BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE IT LEGAL
the three main site we use for our cars and tracks are ( CLICK ) ( CLICK ) ( CLICK )

A bit of both really , we have a league race next week so i wanted to use something that is fresh in the minds. We also have some new drivers it always helps to start with to get a feel for a car and see how it goes the next time round .. And its a quick test for the next league that we are starting to test.

Wonder why the LM55 mod didn't poll better? It's received rave critic at Simracing.org.uk and received a second series as a result. Many ex GPL drivers have made a straight comparison. The engines are loud and powerfull and the brakes and tyres are woefully inadequate but once mastered they present a fine spectacle for the senses. Possibly not for the newbie tho.

They will be playing a part in GTL fairly soon Tony,:)
At the moment we are using the same 2 tracks for a month and the same class of cars on the tracks
So drivers can see there improvements each week as they learn a track.
I have already seen this working for a few drivers in the past so we have lots to look forward to in the foreseeable future;)

I was hoping for a bigger response also:(
As we have some good plans for these cars, we have guys working on it now...:)
yes they are tricky to start with but i really like them.
one guy was unsure also, but after a week of testing he now also like them..
they do grow on you if you give them a chance:whistling:

As you may of seen over the last few weeks we have started Sunday night club action.
I hope you like it so far.

I would like to keep this going and introduce cars that we dont normally drive ..
At the moment we have then Pontiac trans am
and would like to introduce the LM55 class to run on alternate weeks. we will start of slow and build from there.

If we run a series with any cars we can all use Racelog to track our progress on lap times and Race results
general clubs night are about fun and enjoying the driving with freinds but it can be used to record our lap times for future reference or learning.

if you have any thought likes or hates or just want to post your felling about were the club is going this is the place to do it were here to listen.. :)

Last edited:
How our server are set up to work :
On race Day only the cars in that club race can be used

1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL Tuesday night race server
Is the Tc-65 class any of these cars can be use + a mod car if it in the club race for testing and genreal use through the week
Abarth 1000TC - #450
Mini Cooper - #590, 592, 593, 594, 595, 597
Alfa Romeo GTA - #907, 918, 922, 956, 958
Lotus Cortina - #901, 902, 904, 911, 913, 921, 923, 924, 955, 961
Jaguar MkII - #390, 850
Ford Falcon - #825, 872
Ford Mustang - #809, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894, 896, 897

2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL Thursday night race server
Is the GTC-65 class any of these cars can be used + a mod car if it in the club race for testing and genreal use through the week
Austin Healey 3000 - #450, 453, 471, 473
AC Cobra 289 - #873
AC Cobra 427 - #859, 887
Corvette 65 - #801, 804, 821, 854, 858, 888, 900
Ferrari 275GTB - #863
Ford GT40 - #840
Jaguar E-Type - #820, 851, 853
Lotus Elite - #120, 171
Lotus Elan - #601, 602, 603, 605, 610, 620, 621, 623, 652, 653
Mercedes 300SL - #455, 456
Renault Alpine - #501,580
TVR Griffith - #822, 855, 857, 879
Shelby Daytona Coupe -#856
Shelby GT350 - #807, 880

Please do not use any other cars on the servers. because if others join it will cause a miss match and potentially crash games and server...:(

Sunday is for special races so only them cars can be used.

just ask if you need help on anything there are guys around to help
you can always Tag me in a post also like this @Rupe Wilson

As you may of seen over the last few weeks we have started Sunday night club action.
I hope you like it so far.
Yes, I do.:thumbsup: Sundays are easier than thursdays for me ATM and I like the more raw and powerful cars in general. So while I'm fully aware that the TC-65 class are the best matched bunch of the whole game, I wouldn't mind a trip to GTC-76 once in a while.

Generally speaking I think we all have our favourite kinds of cars and you can't cater for everyone at once, but personally the atmosphere and the company I'm racing with are more important to me than the actual vehicles, so I'll just go with anything you throw at us as long as it's not open-wheelers.:D

That Racelog thingy sounded really promising when announced a while ago, I didn't know GTL was hooked up to that already:thumbsup:, will go and check it out then..

So far I think you're doing a stellar job keeping the GTL Club alive and kicking, so please just keep it up!:notworthy:
Hopefully in a month or so things will calm down at work so I won't have to get up at ridiculous o'clock anymore and will be able to join full events again.

I would like to keep this going and introduce cars that we dont normally drive ..

Yeah like the Reliant Regal and the Coke Moke :roflmao:

Jokes aside, I think things are going great here. Good car/track combos and the Sunday events is a good idea. It give us a chance to try new/different cars and tracks out as a group. Attendance was good on the last two Sunday races so lets hope it continues on :)

Thanks @Rupe Wilson and to whoever else that helps organize GTL Club and kudos to the members that show up every week to race and help keep GT legends alive here at RaceDepartment :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back