Club Racing Driving Standards - a reminder...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hi everyone,

The R3E Racing Club continues to go from strength to strength with ever increasing numbers of participants taking part in our daily races. Its a real pleasure to see so many guys out on track enjoying this beautiful sim and coming together from all over the world to share one passion... to race!

Of even great satisfaction to myself personally is the number of new faces joining us in recent weeks... welcome guys :D

With this in mind, and also to act as a useful reminder to everyone, I wanted to use this opportunity to draw attention to some basic rules we employ here in the RaceDepartment Club Racing scene that are, on occasion, being forgotten during the heat of battle :);)...

Below is an extract from the Racing Club Regulations 2015 document we all agree to when we sign up for Premium membership here at R.D:

"Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels"

To explain, what this means is that at least 2 wheels should be on the racing tarmac at all times, two wheels off the track and the other two wheels on the white lines are not acceptable. Obviously we all make mistakes and run wide, which is fine, but to cut the track in this fashion on a regular basis as a standard line is not allowed. If when in close combat with another driver you run past the track limits and gain an advantage, it would be expected for you to give up that advantage as you would in real life...

If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain their position on you

This one's self explanatory really....

Basically guys, yes this is 'only' club racing, but we all want to have fun, have good racing and enjoy competing with each other, so just show respect. Respect for your fellow drivers, respect for the club, respect for the people who run the club and respect for the spirt of competition amongst ourselves...

I hope this helps clear up any confusion or lack of understanding from any of our members.. however please let it be clear that the racing we have in R3E is for the most part clean and fair, however I have noticed these behaviours slowly creeping in the last few events, so lets get it knocked on the head now and go back to what actually matters.. having great races! :D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers guys, see you on track!

p.s. This link <here> provides a pretty good example of what track limits are acceptable.. just in case you want any additional clarification :roflmao:

Paul where do i go to find out about these online races? Looking for sensible drivers not the usual ones that just go on to disrupt other racers!! Looking for Races on dtm and Wtcc

Thanks

Right here. Racedepartment is where all the best and fair and clean racing is organised. :thumbsup: Pauls post has all the info you need. :cool:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 391 40.0%