RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

quali thought target time would be the 2min mark... boy was i wrong!!! 2:01.3 put me 13 of 15.

race1 caught in a startline incident. on replay looks like warren was slow away which caused a bit of bumping. no where to go when cam slammed on the anchors and spun him around. let him rejoin and went on merry way. attrition rates helped me get upto 9th.

race2 again caught in a startline incident. on replay looks like warren had another poor start. this time though i managed to swerve to avoid car in front but guys behind were unsighted this time and gary caught me as he veered across road after trying to take avoiding action. limped round with suspension damage and took a 22 second pit stop which put me 46 seconds down. at end of race closed this down to around 27seconds due to some cracking laps (as my skill goes). managed to eventually break the 2mins barrier which meant i left a happy bunny as I'd improved a lot. finished 10th 1 lap down.... just. (i'm in the slipstream as the winner crossed the line)

good to chat with Grant and Michael on TS. The comment of renaming team fear to "rear" after taking 3 of the 4 last places after quali was a classic. :)

gr all, and warren, i hope the head is clear for the morning.

Really sorry about the two starts. I'm usually slow but not that bad. I think the headache must have affected my response time between the brain and the feet. To add to that I drove straight off the track on the first gentle curve of lap 1 and straight into the sand trap. Most embarracing :redface: :redface:.

I was debating whether to start or not, so maybe I should have just watched.

Anyway, despite all those dumb things, I managed to get P6 in both races, mainly due to other people having a few off's etc I think.

The Cats are always fun to drive and good to see so many people turn up again. Ludwig always comes out for Monza, just to confirm his supremacy there. Your still the Monza king mate. :thumb:

I found this car hard to drive - very unstable in the chicanes. So I crawled through the chicanes... I don't know how you guys brake so late. If I brake that late, I'm through the gravel and halfway through the next barrier. Anyway....

Race 1: I hit Warren at the start who didn't seem to move off the line and I saw in the replay there was a bit of a pinball chain reaction. A little later in the race, I hit Imperious who had spun in front of me after an accident, and there was more pinball. Later, I clipped Michael H. who was spinning on the track. I neeaaarly missed him, but spun myself, dropping a few spots. After that, the race was fairly uneventful to the end.

Race 2: I finished 8th in race 1, so got to start in pole position. I knew that wouldn't last long. I got a slow start and Ludwig and James were past me by T1. I got shunted off the track a couple of times at the chicanes and copped some suspension damage... then went off at parabolica after avoiding a losing-control gwyar and clipping Cam. My enthusiasm for the race was waning at this point, but then I got involved in a 3-way battle with Cam and Michael H. for several laps which was good racing, with Michael and I swapping spots a few times when whoever was in front made a mistake. That was good fun, hey Michael. Then on lap 8 I got a stop/go penalty for cutting the track :( When I came out I had a good bit of a battle with Grant, but I got another stop/go on the final lap, which I didn't serve, but then I think the game took 1 pos off of me. Does anybody know how that works if you don't serve a final lap stop/go?

So the races were a bit frustrating and still fun :) Damn chicanes... I hate them, but who doesn't?

• Steve Perryman

Well Warren, You're not the only one with a headache tonight, as I have had a cold all weekend.
Anyway, my qualifying was extremely ordinary, and I hadn't practised the start in these things, so my getaway in both races suffered enormously, I had however done a few laps of Nordschleife VLN last night and managed an under 10 mins, at least I got some practise driving the thing.
Race 1 apologies to StuartLyttle48 who got caught in in the chain reaction caused by my off in the 2nd chicane. Somehow managed a 7th.
Race 2 started 2nd, and bogged down at the start, no bad mistakes this time, so managed to pass Michael before Ascari and then Got wally on the 2nd lap at the end of the pit straight. Same as Wally, I don't know how some of You guys brake so late, maybe better shifters or something, I didn't spend much time with setup though, just adjusted brake bias and gearing, might play with diff settings more next time.
After passing Wally that was it, gaps got bigger ahead and slowly smaller to behind, finished 4th according to replay, not sure about that though.
Looking forward to next week, maybe back to WTCC07, but wouldn't mind giving radicals a go sometime as was mentioned post race.

missed praccy and half of qualy
dident look at the times and pulled a 2 mins flat only to wake up as i was looking at the time table
i realy was thinking damn i am fast here with the cats lol but thinking is something
i will left in future to the horses they have bigger heads
my time was enough to get the 2nd last place on the grid

race1*
hell this cats start fast :D coming from the 2nd last place i made it in the first lap up
to place 7 just to loose it at lap 4 exit of the 2nd lesmo race endet with totaly crunshed suspension

race2*
another incredible start this time from the verry last of the field i made it till the first chicane up to 5th o.O
but it least not long at the end of the 2nd lap i was already back in 10th
comming to parabolica i saw two cars out in teh gravel
so back on 8th :D now having cam and wally chasing my rearend we hat a few overtakes back and forth realy impressive racing hart but allways fair
i think we not even swaped some painting
but to the end of the race my front tyers lost a lot of there grip and i spun twice
at the first spin i collected a punkture on the right front tyer so i needed to pit
coming out of pit just ludwig passed me at the 2nd chicane i runed wide to let james pass and at the last lap i spun 2nd time at the 3rd chicane and limped to the finish line

realy enjoyable race cya next weekend

endurancezp6.jpg

Servername: www.RaceDepartment.com
Class: 18 WTCC 2006 cars + 7 Mini Coopers
Track: Barcelona click here to download
Password: click here
Start: - Practice 19.00 GMT - Qualification 19.30 GMT - RACE 20.00 GMT
Duration: 90 minutes race

Special Notes:
  1. Please reconsider twice before you sign up. This is only for the real endurance junkies that want to do longer races including pitstops. People that join, and leave the server before the end of the race should not sign up. If you sign up you cannot report your absense anymore and we expect you to come.
  2. The field will represent all cars that run in the 2006 WTCC + Mini Challenge. If you choose a car that already is selected by someone we will assign you another car. To avoid that please read the replies carefully!
  3. No custom skins and try to avoid driving in the same livery as the rest. A diverse field will be the result for the first time!
Entrylist:
  1. BMW E90: Anthony Hilton
  2. BMW E90: Sol Leung
  3. BMW E46: Yves Larose
  4. BMW E46: James Yates
  5. Seat Leon: Ludwig Ghidi
  6. Seat Leon: Sébastien Poidevin
  7. Seat Toledo Cupra: Chris Noble
  8. Seat Toledo Cupra: William Yunck
  9. Chevrolet Lacetti: Simon Trendell
  10. Chevrolet Lacetti: Driver
  11. Alfa Romeo 156: Christopher Aponte
  12. Alfa Romeo 156: Wido Rossen
  13. Alfa Romeo 156 GTA: Peter Böszörményi
  14. Alfa Romeo 156 GTA: Michael Sharpe
  15. Honda Accord Euro R: Deslug
  16. Honda Accord Euro R: Nigel Atkins
  17. Peugeot 407: Driver
  18. Peugeot 407: Driver
  19. Mini Cooper: Andreas Löffler
  20. Mini Cooper: Warren Dawes
  21. Mini Cooper: David Garcia
  22. Mini Cooper: Keith Peppiatt
  23. Mini Cooper: Gary Lennon
  24. Mini Cooper: Driver
  25. Mini Cooper: Driver
Copy and paste this sign up form, and fill in your details. First read all the posts above you including this toppost

Code:
Ingame Name: Replace this text
Prefered Car: Replace this text, see toppost for available cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years