RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

thnx guys was fun, never raced these tracks before with race07 and never before in the F3000 so the last one at Valencia was good fun as i managed to finish both races and i think i ended up with 6th or 7th place after the 2 events.
Magny i was not so luck, got my arse reamed coming out chateau which wiped me out in race 1, race 2 i do not even think i got across the start line :crutch:, noticed some trouble in front and when i came through the smoke i was met with a car facing me and crunch it was game over.

little follow up ...

I reviewed the replay and it was nearly like I said above. The Seat shot through between Manny (Chevy) and me (E90) and I lost my car due to exitement and the big crash I saw comming. I did not notice that I hit you with my rear during race. Otherwise I had let you pass. We had a touch some laps before in the hairpin already and I lifted throttle after that and gave Manny room like it should be. Beside that we had nice racing!!!

Nico

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Neil Gardner

[snip]I closed the gap by about 1.2 seconds a lap which put me right behind Talkiet on the last lap. This meant if i wanted to try and get any further up i would have to go for some suicidal late braking at Chateau D'Eau, i went for it, but locked it up and hit Talkiet. This allowed me to pass, but going into the next corner i ran out wide to let him back past, as my move was unfair. Finished in 7th place, not the result i wanted, but a great fun race compared to the stop go bonanza of the first one.

And this is exactly why I like racing on private servers with names to go along with behaviours... James' passing move was optimistic, but if he had managed to keep from locking it would have been brilliant.

I saw him coming and stayed a bit wider than normal and was a little annoyed when he did come through and touch. Despite the touch I had a good run out of the corner and I had totally lined up a similar move into the next corner. It was only in the middle of my braking that I realised this was a lot easier than I expected, so thanks to James for recognising that the previous pass was a little unfair and essentially making room for me.

It was pretty nerve wracking watching you close on me over the previous few laps and I was pretty damn happy with 6th from 25 in my first night racing with you guys.

Cheers - N

little follow up ...

I reviewed the replay and it was nearly like I said above. The Seat shot through between Manny (Chevy) and me (E90) and I lost my car due to exitement and the big crash I saw comming. I did not notice that I hit you with my rear during race. Otherwise I had let you pass. We had a touch some laps before in the hairpin already and I lifted throttle after that and gave Manny room like it should be. Beside that we had nice racing!!!

Nico
Yes, that was me. It was an "Oh **** I've braked too late, try not to hit anyone" moment. Sorry for the excitement...

little follow up ...

Nico

No problems Nico, it was fun racing. I just wanted to give an explaination and apology to Mtommi for getting in his way

I saw some posting about the server already in Race2 while its start time according the schedule.

Thats a bit difficult to arrange, we setup the servers early to make sure its up and running by the time people starts joining.

If a server admin is available I am sure he will reset to practice at exactly the scheduled starttime, but unfortunately the race server admins are not 24/7 available on the server.

It would be nice if we have a schedule tool to start the dedicated server with the selected options.

The thing what can change is if everyone feels responsible for the correct starttime. When its arround the scheduled time vote next session with the current drivers until you reach the practice again.
Its a bit annoying if people are right on time at 19.00gmt while a few drivers are doing race 1 or 2.

Lets help each other please.

Oceania Zone Event No.9

wtccnight.jpg

Welcome to another event for our new Oceania Zone.

These races are primarily aimed towards our members in Australia, New Zealand, and S.E. Asia so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grids.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to Oceania members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the WTCC 06 & WTCC 07 cars, but will use the Manfield Park Long track from New Zealand.
This one is a welcome to RaceDepartment for our new Kiwi members.

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: Race 07
Date: Sunday 24th of August 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com #AUS
Car: WTCC06 & WTCC 07 including Vectra
Skins: Custom skins allowed.
Circuit: Manfield Long (Here)

For those who don't have access to No Grip, here is another link to the track.
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Password: Here

Please note, change of password

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 10:00 GMT, 30 mins (8.00PM Aust Eastern Standard Time)
Qualifying: 10:30 GMT, 30 mins (8.30PM AEST)
Race: 11:00 GMT, (9.00PM AEST)
Laps: 2 by 12 laps

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please Note: Race start time will again be half hour earlier as per recent Oceania events.

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Control:
Car:
Special remarks:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for Oceania members in needed.

1. Michael Stead - Chev
2. WallyMasterson - Seat (maybe :) )
3. Gunthar Rowe - BMW E90 07
4. Ben Tusting - BMW E90 07 ***
5. James Yates - BMW E46 ***
6. Neil Gardner - BMW E90
7. Warren Dawes - BMW E46
8. Michael Herrmann - Honda '07 ***
9. Garry Pullen - Honda '07 ***
10. Grant Waterman - BMW E90
11. Grant Powell - Seat Leon
12. Ludwig Ghidi - TBA ***
13. Andreas Löffler - BMW E90 ***
14. David Lemon - Vectra ***
15. Yves Larose - BMW E46 ***
17. Imperious - Honda
18. Jari Vinnari - Peugeot 407 ***
19. holdenss06 - Alfa Romeo 156 2007
20. Karloss - BMW E90 ***
21. Victor Shaw - Vectra ***
22. Cam Wedgwood - TBA
23. Jose Ferreira - chevy

Reserves

Wot!!! That means I have to start the new season with a shocker. :fish:

Seriously, this sounds like a good idea Wally. The grids are looking more full and stable now so additional points for all racers seems fair.

Lets declare Shameful Michael :evil: our inaugural winner and start a new season.
Gets my vote.

Thanks for your hard work with this too Wally, it adds interest to our group. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%