RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Aaah the E30,a good old freind of mine,and glorius Assen,after a few refresher course laps it all came flooding back,been a very long time since i drove that track,quite funny those little buzzing wasp FBMW's snapping at my back bumper :pound::p,i couldnt stop grinning at the mad top end speed difference,the old Bimmer fairly spanked their little arses down the fast bits,but they had the last laugh as tyres and being slightly over flambouyant caught me out letting Chris through,good fun messing around with Hansi at the end!! :thumb:.
2nd race i got very hooked up start and shot up to 2nd behind the orange Cat,it was going great guns as well but i could see where i had the legs on it,then took a wee knock up back putting me for some grass-tracking action,no big deal,but a cut warning,apology given afterwards so honestly no problems m8 :thumb:,the night was about slightly different fun,and it ticked all the boxes for me!.
Loved that next track after finally sort of getting my heed round it in the team Scotland FBMW,hopefully we will run something else there again soon.
Many Thanks RD for providing my racing fun once again,well done everyone in their chosen racing contraptions :D :thumb:.

pants

i was going to join this but the combination of a hard week at work and a few pints of the falling down stuff and i was in the land of nod in no time, i love the 87 stuff, the alfa and e30 are so good to drive.

hope to join the next one.

" It's still a mistery to me how someone could drive these old 87 cars as fast as (Gary?) "

i totally agree with you there Marc, he must have an excellent set-up, which i think he should share or be banned from using the e30 again lol just kidding

Dave

We will setup the server for today with one add-on tracks (NOS Team Nordschleife Final Version) and a free car choice.
Server will be open all day, so you can do some recon laps on the Ring before GTR Evo comes out.

nordschleifegrae8.jpg

Details

Date: Saturday July 26th 2008
Event: Recon of the Ring with all cars
Time: All day
Qualy Time: All day
Server: RaceDepartment.com #RING
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing
Special Password: Get it here
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Failures: Normal

Tracks:
1. Nordschleife 2.1 Final download link

• Chris Noble

hehe last night was fun, Mind blowing crazy the extra speed that I could carry through the fast corners compared to Gary and Marc.

The final fast long left hander before the final chicane on Assen was great! I passed the cateram and Marc's Alfa on that corner going round the outside!

Had good battles with Gary, but on the middle straight its like he had a turbo or something as his car just took off leaving me, but I soon caught up him in the corners!

Done 6 races now in the little FBMW's and getting on quite well with them now in getting them set up. So should be good for the FBMW nations league that is starting in a couple of months!

I'm not sure what is the error message in game I can't see?
What's the missmatched file? For Tourist?

Does it kick you when you try to join the Tourist?

Bram has changed it back to VLN now i think, the tourist one just didn't seem to work.

Also, can we have normal qualy? I thought this was more about learning the track and having fun rather than going to the best laptime :wink:

Tried to join for some laps as well and downloaded the track from the link in the top post.. unfortunately got booted as possible cheat.

Anyway, have fun getting to know the track - I guess joining won't be a problem anymore when GTR Evo finally arrives =)

was great fun seeing the mix of cars on the grid at assen! FBMW's deffo better on the corners with the tourers dominating the straights led to good battles... not that i saw much of it in race1. after getting a wee tap (which would normally be easy to catch) managed to spin the car as my wheel fell off the desk as i went to correct the back end. Good play to Simon though, he still waited for me to rejoin before driving on even though i had mentioned wheel came off desk. race was then on to close up gap to michael in his mini - the only one in the field. when top 8 crossed line still had a good half lap to go so hit esc to get back to pits for next race.

race 2, cannot remember what happened here too much, started to get tired. i remember at one point i was 1sec off eeeeeeeeeeevans ;) in 6th, the next I'm 8th and 20secs behind. I know i started to make silly driving errors, but that was past midnight after a long days work (preparing for audit next week!!! eek!!)

Onto goldenport. well another new track and with the reduced field felt it was safe enought to take out the "killskipymobile" in the form of a E46... in pink... of course! now, those that know me know that the bmw and me do not mix, i usually give it a very wide berth, but thanks to some set up tips provided over TS from michael managed to reign in some of the understeer i was fighting. race 1 saw me get into the 1:10's but i was no where near the pace and decided to call it a night as race 2 came on.

• Andrew Evans

the mixed class racing was lotsa fun.... i was in the fbmw, which i think elevated me into track positions i rarely see :)...

assen wasn't the assen i rememberd from motogp!... race 1 i miscalc'd the fuel, not accounting for the extra lap at the end... race 2 i was shockingly running in 2nd for a while before the inevitable spin... if i could only keep it facing the same direction all race...

goldenport - lovely track! shame numbers were dwindling by that time... first race, lost 2nd in qually after my connection dropped... but the great news is that i won the 2nd race - my first rd win! - and it's got nothing to do with the fact that i was the only person left on the server at that point.. heh heh :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%