RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Did a few laps maself, but was driving terribly ... hung around in there for a while but like you said ... no one in there and when there was, they didn't even bothered saying "hello" ... :confused:

So went to try and learn the track for tomorrow's mini race (Puebla Special) and set the mini up a bit better ... dang there is some kerb cutting done there by the AI eh??? :shocked:

Well i was there @ 18:00 hrs exactly.
Did my laps until 19:30.
Managed to get my laptimes down with a few tenths of a second, so it wasn't really productive since a was aiming for at least 2 / 3 seconds.
As for saying hello, did that a few times but as mentioned before no one seemed to care.

Pls sign me up

Note: this will be my first online race ever, so i probably will not qualify .
This way i can start at the back of the grid where i can drive my own pace without being in your way too much.

2 questions though:
- how much use of those curbstones is allowed?
- what would be a decent fuel load/ pit strategy for such a race.

See you out there....Marcel

Pls sign me up

Note: this will be my first online race ever, so i probably will not qualify .
This way i can start at the back of the grid where i can drive my own pace without being in your way too much.

2 questions though:
- how much use of those curbstones is allowed?
- what would be a decent fuel load/ pit strategy for such a race.

See you out there....Marcel

Two wheels on the correct side of the white line is the general rule unless specified otherwise.
If your unsure about strategy do what I do, fill the tank and see how far you can go.
Someone who's done a Mini endurance before will be able to give you a more concrete answer.

I have been playing around with the "others" available in the WTCC... And after 5 odd laps in most can get to almost the same times with any car. I'm talking about the likes of the Peugeot 407, E46 etc... I have found the fastest cars to be the E90 and Seat, but tend no to use the Seat and it's the FWD that most used to seem to drive. I love the E90 but it's the most unforgiving car if you clip the bump strips or get a little n the gas early. So, I'm still out on what to drive, would like to see if I can control the E46 or keep the tire going in the Peugeot. If I can then I'll use one of these. I can't decide!!!! On a side note, I finf the Chev quite loose in the rear compaired to the other FWDs, any advice here on setup (note that I run 1 wing on all FWD WTCC at Anders)...

• Sol Leung

I had a great time yesturday, managed to qualify pole and finish both races in :first:

I'm glad to see that we had more ppls to join us in the NA timezone event. As last night we had our largest grids so far - 10 ppls :woot:

I'm looking forward to the next week event! Thanks guys for the fun last nit!! :)

Lastly, a late Happy Birthday to Warren!! :party:

Hey Marcel,

Only done 4 of these now, which is actually about 90% of my online racing career at RD :lol:, so am by no means an expert but from what I have learnt ...

Seems like a mixed bag on the fuel front ... winners have mainly tended to go with a no-pitstop strategy in last couple of weeks, but then its been dry the whole race in the last 3 events ...

Which reminds me ... @Admins: Is this a "changeable weather" event like previous ones, title does not say??

Damages to your car from collisions etc can mess up your non-stop strategy, as can tyre wear - the track seems fairly slippery (ie not harsh tyre wearing shell-grip kinda stuff), but with all the speed and direction changes it might be quite hard on tyres???
Never been there before, so don't actually know ...

RE: kerbs ... this track seems a bit special to me ... never seen kerbing like it, and the in-game AI uses more kerb than tarmac :shocked:
Not had any "cutting warnings" by following their lines in an offline practice/warmup I did earlier tonight, so maybe you just have to stay off the grass??

Guess the best idea is to wait for tomorrow and see what "the norm" is with everyone, but I would guess its gonna be using lots of kerbing from the looks of Puebla ... if you get it wrong in the race, you will get a stop and go, so you'll know!

Looking forward to it, the minis have been a good introduction to online racing for me, they bring good close racing, and allow a bit more time than other classes to think about technique, etc (not that I have any of that :becky:) ...

Hope this helps ... :thumb:

first of all i want to thanks RD for letting me setting up those event and supporting me in the adventure, i also want to thanks you all guy's for showing up at those event without you all it wouldn't be possible, all the comments your making makes my effort worth it :thumb:

ok now about the event

manage to qualified second behind Sol ( damn you were fast lol ) and at that point i thought it would be a repeat of limerock event :pound: ( the bemmer is damn quick on the start lol )

race 1

after kindly warning you all to be extra careful at the corkscrew i was the one loosing it which cost me my race. lost my splitter and had suspension damage which made the car very understeering. had a fun moment with Tim after hitting him and made him do stylish figures in the air :pound: sorry man. manage to finish 8th ( someone made me a gift in the last lap lol ).

race 2

started first and left everybody in the dust :pound: took it easy for most of the race until Sol started to catch on me. then started to push harder and in lap 8 i lost it at the corkscrew ( yet again damn :pound: ) but this time it only cost me the first place without damage. from there i knew i couldn't catch Sol and took it easy till the end.

see you next wednesday guy's :thumb:

On a side note, I finf the Chev quite loose in the rear compaired to the other FWDs, any advice here on setup (note that I run 1 wing on all FWD WTCC at Anders)...

I would say it depends on where the car is loose in the turn. The chevy will often get loose in the rear end when you lift off the throttle into a turn. For me this can be improved by messing with the diff settings. (I usually change the preload from default 1 to 3 or 5) If the car is loose in the middle and exit of the turn (ie, when you start feeding on the throttle) you could try either adding some rear wing or softening up the rear anti-roll bar.

Thanks Michael, will look over the car to see where either of those could make a change... looks like diff settings tho. funny, I didn't think the diff would effect the back of the car in a FWD car...? cool! I'll have to go have a thrash again in the Chev to see where the problem is worse, but from memory, it's off the gas and coming off the brakes... i.e. not a brake issue...

I didn't think the diff would effect the back of the car in a FWD car...? cool! I'll have to go have a thrash again in the Chev to see where the problem is worse, but from memory, it's off the gas and coming off the brakes... i.e. not a brake issue...

Yeah, I not certain but I think it has to do with the engine brake on the chevy. When you lift off the trottle the engine brake kicks in and shifts the weight of the car to the front, lightening the rear of the car and making it loose. If you hold the throttle steady (not accelerating or slowing) the balance of the car is fine in the turns. When I had this problem I tried sorting it out with the suspension and rear wing but it didn't work. In desparation I started messing with the diff settings to try and reduce the affect of the engine brake and that seemed to help. I'm no expert (I don't really know what the diff settings do), but just try tweaking each of the settings to see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%