RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Jerome Benard

A very nice race, with nice battle with Justin and to came back to second place with Nigel i think. But i finish 3rd at many second.

:D

Some screen:

The Winner Ben:

Thanks all see you next race. :thumb:

• Neil Gardner

[snip]I then spent the next 5 laps or so trying to find a way past Neil Gardner, I eventually got past into the right at the end of the straight and I set off after Wally who was 2 secs down the road in 3rd but Neil seemed to misjudge his braking about a lap later and ran staight into the back of me (easily done just don't let it happen again:boxing:lol)

I certainly didn't have the best of races, but I would have been surprised if I braked late enough to hit you from my spot in 14th, since you were 5th at the time... It would appear that it was Grant Waterman you were having a battle with and who missed the braking point - not me :) I know, us BMWs all look alike :)

My race 1 was appalling - got a bad start, then forgot to brake for a corner after a lap and managed to miss everyone fortunately - this put me back in 15th from where my average lap times weren't going to do much good. I gave Marc a gentle tap into the last turn, but neither of us left the track (phew). for the rest of the race I missed braking points, ran wide regularly and finally gave up 13th position on the last corner with a trip to the sand. Yuck.

Race 2 I had a terrible start - got off the line OK, but failed to see Rhys come up on the inside into T1 and bounced off him off the track... It was a good move though and he had the speed and line. It actaully felt much worse in the race than it looked on the replay - even though it looks like a tap, it did report suspension damage - although to be fair I hardly noticed any problems.

A couple of laps later I was dicing with a faster Michael Herrman and we both went past Rhys who had been doing some gardening and unfortunately Rhys just touched my ass into the next corner putting me round - there was nothing in it though - I was a little slower round that corner trying not to push off Michael who was on the outside of me. I did make contact with Michael but that was a VERY brave move on the outside of that zero camber turn... Happy to see that a second contact from Rhys straightened you up perfectly :)

Oh dear - just watched the replay and Rhys - looks like you waited for me after the tap! I need to bind a "Go Go Go - don't wait" button - there was nothing in the tap as far as I was concerned. And to add insult to injury you forget to take the corner at the end of the straight after I take the position back :-(

Finally, after managed to hold Gunthar off at the death, I grabbed 8th, but I think I managed to miss every apex, every lap, both races. Racing while really sick made a much bigger difference than I expected - plus I really don't like Anderstorp :)

Roll on next week :) GTP around Spa anyone? :)

Cheers - N

fbmwnight.jpg

Class: Formula BMW
Tracks: 3 default tracks
Start: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 10 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes
Races: 2 x 5 laps
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #FBMW
Password: click here

Please fill in the poll with a yes or a no if you will join this race night! (votes can not be revoked so please think twice)

Quote:
"but Neil seemed to misjudge his braking about a lap later and ran staight into the back of me (easily done just don't let it happen again:boxing:lol)

I certainly didn't have the best of races, but I would have been surprised if I braked late enough to hit you from my spot in 14th, since you were 5th at the time... It would appear that it was Grant Waterman you were having a battle with and who missed the braking point - not me :) I know, us BMWs all look alike :)"

Sorry but yep it was me .

A couple of laps later I was dicing with a faster Michael Herrman and we both went past Rhys who had been doing some gardening and unfortunately Rhys just touched my ass into the next corner putting me round - there was nothing in it though - I was a little slower round that corner trying not to push off Michael who was on the outside of me. I did make contact with Michael but that was a VERY brace move on the outside of that zero camber turn... Happy to see that a second contact from Rhys straightened you up perfectly :)

realy sorry Neil but we both was so late on the brakes that i had no extra braking to maybe fall behind you
so i realy tryed to stay as wide outside as possible and it had worked out well if you not had got the touch from the alfa who indeed strait lined me
other wise i probaly would have spun too

dutchpowerpackeu9.jpg

Please read the 2nd post carefully what cars are still available and feel free to join

Class: GT Sport & GT Club
Track: Hockenheim 2004 NoGrip, Rapid Share
Start: 18.00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Races: 60 minutes race
Server: RaceDepartment.com EVO
Weather: changeable
Password: click here

Please recheck the password, it has changed.

Extra Note: Sign ups close one hour before the start of an event. Don't post if you are unsure to make it or finish a 60 minute race. We don't want an empty field!

Copy/Past this form to sign up:
Code:
Car:

Entry List:

GTS:
Sander Hogendoorn - BMW M3 GTR
Ben Tusting - Corvette C6 GT2
Oliver Amos - Marcos MarcoRelly GTS
Chris Noble - Mosler MT900R
Simon Trendell - Seat Toledo GT
James Yates - Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R
Sebastien Bortoli - Sunred SR21
Jamie Wilson - BMW M3 GTR
Thierry Marchand - Corvette C6 GT2
Marcel vd Aa - Marcos MarcoRelly GTS
Patrick Duivelaar - Mosler MT 900 R
Grégory Cogotti - Seat Toledo GT
Vedran Sinclair - Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R
Andreas Löffler - SunRed SR21

GTC:
Yassen Pavlov - Aston Martin DBRS9
Anthony Martin - BMW Z4 GTR
Antoine Morin - Dodge Viper Comp. Coupe
Olivier Hercek - Gillet Vertigo
Driver - Seat Cupra GT
Marco de Vries - Aston Martin DBRS9
Sébastien Poidevin - BMW Z4 GTR
Jari Vinnari - Dodge Viper Comp. Coupe
Rodolphe Morin - Gillet Vertigo
Anthony Martin - Seat Cupra GT
Jerome Benard - BMW Z4 GTR

Reserves

• Mike Lee

That was my first blast in the touring cars and i really enjoyed it.
Sorry to Jarrod for the tap on corner 1 race 1, rest of the race I just got to know the track better.
2nd race was really fun, lots of dicing and passing and I was clear 5th with a couple to go when I had small children issues and had to leave (he was really going for it).

Great fun, looking forward to the stcc all of a sudden now.:thumb:

• Neil Gardner

realy sorry Neil but we both was so late on the brakes that i had no extra braking to maybe fall behind you
so i realy tryed to stay as wide outside as possible and it had worked out well if you not had got the touch from the alfa who indeed strait lined me
other wise i probaly would have spun too

Don't worry about it - You did a great job of side by siding me for a couple of corners and still think it was ALL a good, assertive and safe move... If I hadn't got the tiniest tap from Rhys you would have cleanly had the inside line into the next corner and I wouldn't have been able to hold around a corner that long.

Cheers - N...

• Grant Daly

Can't let Daniel be the only Team F.E.A.R. driver out there :wink:, now can I?

Yep Sign me up fully pumped to go fellas :cool:

I certainly didn't have the best of races, but I would have been surprised if I braked late enough to hit you from my spot in 14th, since you were 5th at the time... It would appear that it was Grant Waterman you were having a battle with and who missed the braking point - not me :) I know, us BMWs all look alike :)

My race 1 was appalling - got a bad start, then forgot to brake for a corner after a lap and managed to miss everyone fortunately - this put me back in 15th from where my average lap times weren't going to do much good. I gave Marc a gentle tap into the last turn, but neither of us left the track (phew). for the rest of the race I missed braking points, ran wide regularly and finally gave up 13th position on the last corner with a trip to the sand. Yuck.

Race 2 I had a terrible start - got off the line OK, but failed to see Rhys come up on the inside into T1 and bounced off him off the track... It was a good move though and he had the speed and line. It actaully felt much worse in the race than it looked on the replay - even though it looks like a tap, it did report suspension damage - although to be fair I hardly noticed any problems.

A couple of laps later I was dicing with a faster Michael Herrman and we both went past Rhys who had been doing some gardening and unfortunately Rhys just touched my ass into the next corner putting me round - there was nothing in it though - I was a little slower round that corner trying not to push off Michael who was on the outside of me. I did make contact with Michael but that was a VERY brave move on the outside of that zero camber turn... Happy to see that a second contact from Rhys straightened you up perfectly :)

Oh dear - just watched the replay and Rhys - looks like you waited for me after the tap! I need to bind a "Go Go Go - don't wait" button - there was nothing in the tap as far as I was concerned. And to add insult to injury you forget to take the corner at the end of the straight after I take the position back :-(

No worries Neil, there's always next time. :thumb: Wow... Pretty eventful. Seems I was involved in quite a few intense moments during the race. In hindsight, I was driving rather agressively, more so than other events. It's probably because I'm so familiar with Anderstorp. Ah well, apologies to all people I tapped and/or impeded, and as said before, roll on next week! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%