RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

First time good real time to play this game, ( Early night for macau 20:50 now),
19:00 start race 1,Good feel,
Race 1:
I have mistake crash the funny car,oh.........David Lemon pass me,
finish race,me pos 4
Race 2:
Last lap,last second corner,Takuya have mistake,
I pass him,
Finish is pos 5,

Finish today mini race,and then dinner,Nice time,:thumb:

The races felt shocking at the time, but looking back at the replays now, I don't think it was quite as bad as it looked. Honestly. In Race 1, Victory Shaw came into Druids much too fast, tagged someone and set off a chain reaction. Victor, you just need to back off on lap 1 and brake a little more conservatively. The cars are bunched up restricting visibility and obscuring braking points, tires and brakes are cold, so err on the side of caution. Like gawaterman said above in point 2, you have to redress - wait for the disadvantaged cars to pass you before you resume. You put me off in race 2 as well, and didn't redress and I lost a good many positions.

And Razvan Pat, you did a kamikaze divebomb on one corner, coming in much too fast off the racing line and taking one car off with you. Maybe that was just a misjudged and overenthusiastic approach to the corner. Coming in so fast on the inside of the racing line, your car will never pull up in time, and you'll sail right across the racing line, collecting any cars on it.

The big pile up in race 2 was caused by David Lemon coming off the track into the gravel at Paddocks, and being hit by Yves Larose on re-entry, setting off a chain reaction. That just looked like a racing incident to me.

So I don't know if it was really all that bad. It still felt disappointing on track, though.

i think the big crash in race 2 was caused by me, i saw him go off track and i misjudge my car handling, i thought the car would stick enough to pass him in the inside but the car kept understeering, sorry to all the guys behind who i have cost their race :-( i've only been racing online for 2 weeks and still learning how to controle myself as not to be too much agressive but in all i think i manage to stay out of trouble other then that big crash.

thanks guys for the funniest race so far for me :thumb:

• Razvan Pat

And Razvan Pat, you did a kamikaze divebomb on one corner, coming in much too fast off the racing line and taking one car off with you. Maybe that was just a misjudged and overenthusiastic approach to the corner. Coming in so fast on the inside of the racing line, your car will never pull up in time, and you'll sail right across the racing line, collecting any cars on it.

I apologize for that, I was trying to overtake someone on the inside but didn't brake early enough so I knocked out a black mini. I am really sorry. I'll be more careful about overtaking on the inside from now on.

Qualyfing: 3rd with my best lap time, 1'43"317

Race 1: Druids bend, 1st lap, Victor Shaw pushed Warren who pushed me then violently in the sand. Result: rear suspension broken. Nevertheless I managed to finish the race 14th with a beautiful battle with Gary Paszek.

Race 2: I have started 13th, I finished 8th, with a beautiful battle with Ben Tusting. I saw one of the biggest crash within Racedepartment!

I think that certain persons should raise a little the foot during the first lap, and to leave the time with the race to be set up. I know that it is sometimes difficult to not collide anybody, but considered I, be patient during the first lap is really worth there afterward!

Qualy: Finished in PB with 1:44.724, was nearly jumping of my seat 0.5 faster than last night in my private training session.

Race1: Tried to avoid the mess in Druids, but the mess did not avaoid me, but more or less survived it. Thanks Wally for answering my question :D it was me Razvan took off, and watching the reply I was not sure whether I could have done anything, but had the same feeling that he was little bit fast on the inside lane (No worries, am also still on the upwards learning curve :) ). Got with a suspension problem away and continued racing till round 7 where I took my self off, to fast in turn 1, total damage.

Race 2: I finished it :)! Some interesting learning experiences for me, was in a sandwich in rd 2 between Ian (whom I wanted to overtake) and Ben in my neck. Tried to go a little bit with my head through the wall in Sterling Bend (tried it on the inner lane), went of track but did not hit anybody (luckily) but lost for sure a couple of positions. In Rd 5 again in a sandwich with Ian in front of me and this time Yves in my neck and pushing. We went all off in Hawthorne as we all were pushing but nobody touched anybody else, so we were all just trying to hard. I came back last of us three back on track but Ian did not make the next corner. After that a quiet race for me, thougth I could catch up maybe a little bit up to round 7 were I went off 2 times from that on my only aim was not being lapped by Atti :D

Sorry to hear that accidents during races. I would like to add just one thing, please, do not start to discuss/comment the happenings on the server, it is always better to wait to cool down, look back the replay and discuss the issues on the forum afterwards and learn from them.
Sombeody said on the server: worse then pick up race, where i replied also hot headed during racing: then go, and he left. I dont remember who it was, but i would like to apologize for him for my also not suitable comment. Sorry m8.

So for the races:
Qualy: close to my PB with 1:42.6, got pole, i was happy with the way i was feeling around the track. Also i made a practise lap during qualy with race setup which was 1:42.7, so i felt confident about the races ahead.

Race 1: got a good start from pole, at T1 i was leading already with 1 sec and stretched the lead until the end. The start was a bit scary, since someone was in my car at the pole, the same issue which happened during the Mini Tournament, where i started the race with a black flip at green light as a result of the 2 in 1 car effect, luckily this did not happen again, got away from the line smoothly. :)

Race 2: got a nice start again, up to P6 before T1, then at T2 there was small collosion ahead, got 3rd out of it. T4 i went to the inside of Jamie for P2, who was genlty pulling to the grass on the exit :) i tried to make the exit also tight to give you room buddy, next time you should trust me i will not punt you off track. :) In lap 2 i was behind Manny, got a better acceleration out from T4, got to his side at the uphill straight and could get inside cleanly, Manny as gentlemen driver also gave room for it. On the exit of the next corner i was naturally slower, but the car was already ahead of Manny which allowed me to keep P1. :) Afterwards again not too much happening, strecthed the lead til the end.

Thanks for the races guys, and from the accidents if happened lets learn, and not argue about it please.

Alien

How we can see from Mtommi´s pictures: Attila is an ALIEN :becky:
In race 1 i was behind Attila after first corner, that was all what i saw from him, the backside of his mini. Every round i lost 0,5-1 second, NO CHANCE

In second race i hoped for a good start to get Attila behind me but a very good start from him and he was infront of me. now i hope anyone crash him out :evil: or he cant overtake someone so i can rech him, but after to laps he was infront on P1. So the best i could get was P2.

Crongratulation Attila, was perfect driving :thumb:

Well I had a shocker tonight, I normally am ROF material, but tonight was all over the shop like a mad woman pissing. So sorry for any incidents that might have happened as a result, I will say the contact I made of any real significance was those off the track in the first place. Couldn’t believe my bad, I would over cook it into a corner and onto the kitty litter only to find someone had beaten me there first and I would use them as a tyre wall. I think I did this about 3 times so sorry for that.

Race 2 was planning to keep more of a level head, but just put a tyre in the grass by about 2inches on lap 1 and around I went spinning and drifting for ages and then stalled the car and forgot which key I had set as ignition, finally found and was last by about 20seconds and decided to park it :(

Well done to the top 3 and Attila was flying, I don’t think I would have beaten him in the E90 :) was some bad lag at both race starts and I think might have contributed to those incidents I was nervous as hell with only a few cars behind me, not because of the size and even match of the field, but due to the unpredictability of the lag, seemed to get better when we spaced out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%