RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Grant Daly

I'm not able to Keep my head together so I'm not gonna make it guys sorry I have Warrens Thing From last week Migraine....

• Razvan Pat

Name on RD forum: Razvan Pat
Name in game: Razvan Pat
Your Country: Romania
Control: Formula Force EX
Car: Mini
Special remarks: I'd like to join in case someone doesn't show up

qualy* not realy awake it managed a 1.44.9xx last racenight its was good for poleposition this time
it set me to 14th :)

race1* got a good start but could not realy make positions cuz everyone around me seams to have a good start
i got clean past the first corner tryed to make a move on a black mini at druids i saw a mini spinning while trying to avoid the crash i ended in the sandbox playing with the gravel
now last but the car still good i tryed to catch up with all the others get effected by the carnage of druids
cuz of some more crashes i got up to 14th not much pressure from the back and not fast enough to close up to warren and a blue mini

race2*
i got a brilliant start made a cuple of positons till first corner, i now braked a bit earlyer to not hit anyone while turning in i hit a mini who was inside of me, i think it was warren sorry mate i realy did not saw you there i think we both ended in the gravel
engien still running nothing happend if i put in a gear so i dropped out
sorry again warren

Sorry guys but I hit a new low tonight. First time ever I have quit a race in disgust. First race I was whacked extremely hard from behind approaching the Druids hairpin, slamming me into the pack in front and taking out others, resulting in causing a massive pile up. Second race I didn't even make it to through turn 1 before being punted. After that It was just a demolition derby with cars all over the track. Managed to hit one of the pile ups (Gary's car driving at right angles across the track straight in front of me) and wrecking the car.
I'll stop reporting now before I say something I'll regret.

All I can say was the driving standards tonight were appalling. This is supposed to be league racing isn't it?

First 2 racing rules of the Club

1. When driving on our restricted servers, treat others with respect, act how you would expect others to treat you. No dangerous driving, no ramming, no abusive or foul language or advertisements. If you have a grievance, calmly discuss it after the race and preferably in the forum. Refer to the more detailed Grievance Procedure below.
  2. If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, and you think it is your fault, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.

today's race I had bad driving.:frown:
I had bad lag during race. It made me confusing.:frown:

race1 was bad.
I missed braking point and hit many minis.
I wasn't try to increase position or pass other car, but my drive was noob.
Sorry who hit by me.

race2 was better than race1.
I braked early at druid where I crashed in race1.
I battled with James and it was very good.:)
I raced normally and finished 6th.

From what i saw there was some seriously bad driving on the first lap of both races, with people trying to win the race on the first and second corners... Going up to druids on lap 1, i looked in the mirrors and just saw a car going backwards in mid air - i presume it was Warren, but that is something that shouldn't be happening.

Qualy: After a considerable amount of swearing i managed to do a 1:44:250 which gave me 9th on the grid.

Race 1: Got a half decent start and tried hard to keep out of everyone's way, managed it and avoided the huge melee at Druids... This set me up to have a good race chasing Mtommi and for about 5 laps i stayed as close as i could to him, but i ended up making a mistake at dingle dell and half spun the car into the right hand wall causing a bit of bent suspension. This put ShamefulManny right behind me so i drove as fast as i could to try and pull away. I believe he was slightly off pace as compared to his speed in race 2, i managed to pull away easily, and of course at the same time i started to catch Mtommi again. This was not enough though and i finished in 5th, around 6 seconds behind Mtommi after i made a few more little mistakes.

Race 2: Got a much better start and went down the inside into Paddock Hill Bend and this again allowed me to avoid the huge shunt at the first and second corners. This time i had Takuya very close to my rear bumper thoughout the first 6 or 7 laps and we had a nice battle with some very close racing. He then made a small mistake which gave me around a 2 second gap which then gave me a bit more confidence to push and try and catch Andreas and SamefulManny who where having a battle infont. Because they were racing one another closely, i was able to catch up with ease but ran out of laps to try and make a pass on ShamefulManny. Finished in 4th after a good close race.

Can i just say, that its been a while since ive seen such a big crash on the first lap of both races, and there seemed to be a lot of careless driving with people trying to make impossible moves and then causing a much bigger crash. Best thing to do on the first lap is just back off a little, and try not to go your normal speed on the first few corners as with all the extra cars around you, you will not be able to do it. It seems most people try to drive their quickest race lap on the first lap, instead of taking it easy, leaving a bit of room for others and generally trying to avoid causing an accident. Instead of trying to overtake everyone on the first lap which usually ends with a race ending crash, if you just stay close behind them, you will find it easier to attack on the next few laps which usually ends with a good fun battle and a successful pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%