RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Only bad part was the 2nd to last lap on the 2nd fast chicane and I got up the inside of a BMW, but we banged doors so they went on the gravel, slowed down and waited, but Grant said it was just a racing incident so I carried on (he was watching from the pits).

Was going to keep this to a PM but as you have mentioned it heres my version. You came from 4 car lengths from behind, cut the corner, launched off the ripple strips into the side of my car sending me spinning off the track, and then kept going. 1293 on the replay.

Chris - not a BMW this time, but i regret it, not being able to brake stupidly late and still make it around corners.

Qualy: Not too bad, got a bit lucky with a few people disconnecting which put me up to 9th i think.

Race 1: Got a good start, nearly hit Warren as he got a bad start but i managed to get around him and got a good jump on a few people. Ended up having a battle for 7th place for a few laps until Nico hit the barrier at the exit of the last chicane. I haven't checked the replay yet, but i came so close to hitting him, probably couldn't fit a piece of paper between the 2 cars. Thanks to a few others getting stop go's and making mistakes i moved up to 4th place, about 2 seconds behind David Lemon. However hard i tried i couldn't catch him, and then i eventually made a slight mistake which caused me to have a big spin going up to Chateau D'Eau. This lost me a few places and for the last few laps i had a bit of a battle with Chris until i got a stop go. This forced me to go into the pits on lap 11, and about 3 corners before the pit entrance i got another one... Came out in 10th place and managed to move up to 9th coming out of the final corner, but i cut it too much by accident and got another stop go. Finished in 14th after 40 seconds got added to my final race time.

Race 2: I now had to try and make up for the last race and i got off to a good start, moving up to 13th. Ben jumped the start massively which also ensured i would move up another place when he went in for his stop go. Throughout the first few laps i tried hard to stay with the cars infront and moved up a few places until i was behind Michael Hermann. We had a great battle for a few laps - most corners we were side by side. Eventually i managed to pass Michael and this left me with a 6.6 second gap to the car infront. I closed the gap by about 1.2 seconds a lap which put me right behind Talkiet on the last lap. This meant if i wanted to try and get any further up i would have to go for some suicidal late braking at Chateau D'Eau, i went for it, but locked it up and hit Talkiet. This allowed me to pass, but going into the next corner i ran out wide to let him back past, as my move was unfair. Finished in 7th place, not the result i wanted, but a great fun race compared to the stop go bonanza of the first one.

• Grant Daly

Was going to keep this to a PM but as you have mentioned it heres my version. You came from 4 car lengths from behind, cut the corner, launched off the ripple strips into the side of my car sending me spinning off the track, and then kept going. 1293 on the replay.

I am sorry if I gave wrong Impression I wasn't trying to be Race Control I just had the TV cammera and yes Chris did slow thought he was a bit too hard I just mentioned from what I saw it seemed just like a racing incident and being the next to last lap Would have not mattered really I am sorry I didn't mean to interfere just trying to keep as many ppl cool headed as I could

Please forgive me if I read that wrong ... I appologise!!!

He mentioned too that there may have been a lag factor and I know I could see he was carring alot of speed and from watching him and others I knew he seemed to be in just an incident .. That plus Lag sorry if it put you off mate I mean that too !!

Qualify:
Good, pos 10,is ok
Race 1:
I hit the wall,is my mistake,is ok
Race 2:
Thx Victor Shaw,hit my car......,so,lap 3,see him on my behind,i let him pass me,i don't want give him hit again,because i don't want left the track,
lap 8,thx,ShamefulManny,you car give Nico Major crash,and then stop on the road,but,you don't see other car and then start,so,crash my car,
After, my car can not fast,very hard on the track,hard control,
Bad race day for me,.:frown:

Well that was interesting. Firstly, great to see a full grid of 25 cars, and nice to have two Kiwi's join us for their first race, although I got to see too much of Kampferas in race 1 lol. :)

For me it was a disasterous night's racing, but I didn't have high expectations anyway. I really didn't like the Seat on this track. And just about everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Qualified ok with 1.48.0 for P7 (thanks to Chris dropping out late in Qualy).

Race 1. Went to sleep again and missed the start, dropping heaps of places. Then in turn 1 I slid off the track trying to avoid cars in front. I caught Ian starting lap2 and tried to pass on the outside, but ran out of room. Then Ian was hit by Kampferas, and bounced off the wall back into me (not very nice line through there Kamferas, through the grass). Not your fault Ian, nothing you could do. The car was badly damaged but I could continue. A few laps later I slid wide exiting the first chicane, kept wide when re-entering to give Victor room, but Victor was hit by Kampferas who then slid into me. spinning me off again. A few more laps later, Kampferas slid sideways right in front of me in turn 1, so I headed for the sand to miss him, only to be hit by Kampferas tail as i suddenly found Olajf bogged in the sand. I slammed Olly hard and killed my car totally this time. Race over.

Race 2. Decided to just cruise around and try to stay out of trouble. Had a few good laps with Wally towards the end, so I had some enjoyment at last. Sorry about the light taps Wally, but you were lagging a fair bit tonight and I was having trouble judging where you were. Finished P14.

Kampferas, we have to stop meeting like this, my car can't take it. :D:D

Thanks to all who raced and hope to see more full grids like that.

In Race 1 I got tagged from behind in T1, spun into the path of other cars and went flying through the gravel to end up in the wall, where I got suspension damage, lost my splitter (and my side mirror!). It was really laggy for me - the traffic in front was very jerky. I got back on the track in 24th and kept going though. At one stage I had some good laps with Michael H. but with no splitter the slower corners were hard going and he got past me. I finished that race 16th.

Race 2 was much better, with one of my best ever starts where I flew past a few people. I was much gentler on easing off the clutch and got the power down really nicely. Although I did get turned around a couple of times in the hairpin by the usual suspects, there was lots of good, close racing, with some good laps with Gwyar, Ben and Mtommi. Great driving Mtommi, to be on my bumper for so long without touching me. I managed to keep Warren off at the end to finish 13th.

Here's a great shot of the field of cars coming into the hairpin. 25 cars is amazing :)

capture_2008-08-17_21-52-59.JPG

I've 2 very hard races done

it was really difficult to do an 8th place on the 1st race
I'm very proud for this 1 point, cuz it was so hard to get. I was pushing like crazy for that e46, which is 0,5-1 sec. slower than the e90

my 2nd race doesn't succeeded well.
race1.JPG

• Chris Noble

I watched the replay and yes it was a bit of an opportunistic move, with you fighting with the chevy your speed was much slower than mine, hence the big closing speed,

The game seems to allow you to put 4 wheels inside the white line there and others took advantage of this also.

Finally there was just enough space for you to hang on in on the outside of the chicane and I cannot explain why your car did that mega bounce, we banged doors, that sort of contact does not do what the replay shows, It just doesnt look right from where the two cars are.

I thought I pushed you out onto the gravel and so slowed down and was hoping for you to come past, but then was told you had spun (i.e may be lost control of your car in the gravel).

So I am sorry for that but the move should have worked fine and a couple of laps previous I did the exact same move with no issues, so may be a lag issue from what the replay shows.

Qualy:
I maneged to drive to 4. place, but unfortunally my game crashed 4min before race. :shocked:
I was able to restart the game and rejoin.

Race 1:
Because of that I had to start from the last places around. So I had to caught up. Had some great battels and lots of fun :cool:.
Finaly i finished 4th in Race 1.

Race 2:
Starded from 5th place. Had not so good start and lost after the first lap a couple of places. Then there was a crash in front of me with 4 or 5 cars and I was able to pass esaly :D. Then caught up to 3th place behind David and Ludwig. David went of track and I was able to get pass. Ludwig was very fast and I was not able to follow him. At the end of the race he had 10sec advance. Finaly i sinished 2th in Race 2.

Was great Races and lots of fun :thumb:

Then Ian was hit by Kampferas, and bounced off the wall back into me (not very nice line through there Kamferas, through the grass). Not your fault Ian, nothing you could do. The car was badly damaged but I could continue....

Kampferas, we have to stop meeting like this, my car can't take it. :D

Cutting inside to avoid what was looking bad...

Race_Steam2008-08-1812-47-45-95.jpg

Race_Steam2008-08-1812-48-05-85.jpg

Race_Steam2008-08-1812-48-15-31.jpg

Ian and Warren get intimate, and I grab grass :(
Race_Steam2008-08-1812-50-05-95.jpg

Ian and Warren see that this flash in the pan relationship won't last and go their respective ways....

Warrens BM starts to look very attractive, so I slip on in for what I hope to be a long relationship....
Race_Steam2008-08-1812-50-11-82.jpg

Race_Steam2008-08-1812-50-39-67.jpg

Ian now lost in the rear.... Warren and I make plans for our first date...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%