RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

1st race was a bit ho hum... I got caught in the start bingles and got suspension damage, but the car felt no different, luckily. I had a bit of a chase with Michael Sharpe, but after that I just circulated alone to finish 10th. 18 cars and all alone in the middle of the pack... strange.

The 2nd race was much better! Again, got caught in the aftermath of the T1 mishap, but cruised on without damage. I had some great, clean racing for many laps with Nigel and Michael H. until they both made mistakes. I passed Yves who was off the track, but he charged back hard and passed me on the inside of the final turn, I think it was. I knew he was fast so I left him plenty of room, and ended up 7th. Race 2 was very enjoyable.:thumb:

Congrats to Ludwig, Manny and Ben (I think).

was a great race thanks to all who showed up

*Qualy* i did better as expected cuz istanbul is my nogo track got the 11th spot on the grid

*Race1* got a good start till i realized a beemer 2 rows ahead of me messed up his start
nigel who was in front of me braked and i tryed to pull to the middel of track to avoid nigel
that dont worked out and i hited nigel realy bad on verry left of his rear cused him to spin i think ( realy sorry nigel since i probaly ruined your race at that point)
in the follow of it i slammed my brakes to let nigel regain ... this was probaly a verry stupid idear of me
cuz i got hitted several times cuz ppl had nowhere to go did a flip and came to stop on my roof
after reentering the track my weel was a bit ofset and i was trying to get back in touch with the back of the field
closed up on ian, grant and imperious and had a good fight with them till the end of the race

again realy sorry to all guys who was involved in the start crash i produced

*race2*
way better start i avoided to hitting anyone in the first corner a beemer spun so i had to take the wide line
with a little bit of rally cross to not get involved
got back on track behind MTommi and was realy hard pushing to stay in touch with him
what not was a easy task i tell ya. then mtommi made a mistake so i was able to pass him
from then i was realy hard trying to keep him behind but cuz of little errors and bad understeer in the tripple left
he got past me again and pulled away then Wally closed up and got me on the main straid cuz i was unable to accelerate propperly out of the last corner (i swear i never will learn the last part of this track)
now getting big pressure from Jerome we passed MTommi who was hughing a tyerwall after
the hairpin
knowing jerome is faster i tryed to set a outerspace like brakepoint for the last chicane
what let me run wide, seems jeromes brakepoint came from the same planet
but he run wider and hitted me inside i still made the corner but Yves Larose could slip past :) (jerome you had not to leafe for that, race accidents happen so dont worry mate)
trying to chase Yves Larose down i totaly killed my front tyers so that MTommi could catch up to me again
comming to the hairpin i set my usualy brakepoint and that was to late i runned wide and Mtommi got past me
on the last lap in the trippel left MTommi lost the line and i again could slip past him
that makes a 8th place for me thanks (xie xie) for that awsome race :)

a lot of ppl did not show up i wonder why

*Race1* got a good start till i realized a beemer 2 rows ahead of me messed up his start
nigel who was in front of me braked and i tryed to pull to the middel of track to avoid nigel
that dont worked out and i hited nigel realy bad on verry left of his rear cused him to spin i think ( realy sorry nigel since i probaly ruined your race at that point)

Race 1:
-------
Hey Michael H That was definately Racing incident from my point of view Race Stewards may have seen it otherise but as you said, you and me had no where to go I took off from the line maybe too quick, for being so far back, and then had to brake suddenly to avoid the car ahead which I did but you must have been right on my hammer and had no where to go, thanks for waiting up the road and I took so long because I have auto clutch off, yet I dont have a clutch I stalled it and had to restart but took a little while to find Neutral :rolleyes: so that held us both up even more. It said I had suspension damage but car felt great, may have been down in speed a smidge but was flying, I managed to get a few places back before the end of race 1, and made some nice passing moves I normally wouldnt, but really wanted to get myself setup for race 2 so I could try and get in the points. I managed to make it back up to 11th with Michael Sharpe in front I think, and chased him for about 3 laps, but he was doing a great job holding me off. I had let him go for too many laps thinking I would get him fianl lap and then I had a slight off and he had too much of a gap, I couldnt beleive it when he spun off track on the final turn before start straight and I just snuck through before he entered the track and it was a sprint for the line, but I just had enough, bad luck Michael good racing though.

Race 2:
-------
Started 11th I think but a few drivers had left after race1 I think, not many behind me. I managed to stay with the minor points guys with Mtommi infront and Wally behind I think, the car was suffereng from Race 1 damage as it wouldnt turn in anywhere near as good as Race 1, but was able to stick in 9th I think I was. I also was being conservative on the tyres and was testing the guys infront by braking that little bit later and gassing it up early to see how quickly I could catch them if I made a charge towards the end, unfortunately I did this 1 too many times on the final left hander and spun into the pit wall stalled it and couldnt find neutral :rolleyes: so near ROF I go and my sparing partner Michael got passed again. We were at it again, this time michael had a slight gap and on the final sector he had a bit of tank slaper, I was watching thinking right hes going into the sand, hang on no back onto the track, no onto the sand, no spinning middle of track and I went Kaa-Boom, huge T-Bone and my wheel was now about 45deg of(f)set to go straight:cool: sorry to Michael but seriously didnt think you would end up where you did, murphys law of racing I guess. I managed to finish in 11th again for race 2, was really hoping for some official points but wasnt to be, had a ball never the less:thumb:

As mentioned. Where was everyone tonight??, there was a stampede of signups, when thread went up, I had to read twice to make sure that Warren wasnt giving away iPhone's to the top 3 finishers:becky: it was that popular. I feel some missed out or just didnt bother to show because they thought the server would be full.

• Jerome Benard

Thanks everybody for these races.

Qualy: 11°

I have a nice first race with Mtommy and Warren :thumb:. I finish finally 9° after a little error in last lap (as usual:becky:).

In second race i make a bad braking in the first corner and hit Mtommy and maybe antother. Sorry for that:hail:.
I was at the last of the race and came back very fast in the top10.
I make presure behind Michael but i brake a little to late and hit him out.:kiss: (sorry).

At that moment i heared the TV, A french guys is in the final in escrime on Olympic games:D and i decide to watch the match.

Thanks all see you next race. :p

what a great couple of races
server 2
qual 4th with a 1.43
race 1 got a good start up to 3rd behind david stayed with him until about lap my kids was watching me and knocked my arm kitty litter time back on track still in 3rd but made my car wide to stop daniel coming past
race 2
i must have a target on car got hit every where then had a front end problem which put me last but made my way up to 6th
well done to pirro
good racing guys and thaanks to the server for the race

• Michael Sharpe

nice races everyone :)

Qualifying: I was a bit slow as I was struggling with the car a bit, only 14th out of 18 although someone left before Race1 start so I was 13th on grid.
Race1: I had a nice launch but then Michael H who was directly in front on the RHS row on grid braked so hard and I flipped him over by accident :( sorry, nothing I could do about it. Luckily I was not delayed at all and I made a neat move around outside of t1 to get 9th. However I was not fast enough to keep with the guys in front, Warren went past early and then Wally's Alfa went thru a few laps later. I was on my own after this until I spun at t1 which let Nigel catch me up, I was able to stay ahead until final turn of last lap when I made a mistake and he got past :) finished 12th.
Race2 was not so good, I had a problem off the start so I went onto grass to keep away from the others, then continued at the back. I was able to make some places when others went off and I had some good speed and was catching Imperious for 12th place. Then at chicane after turn8 I got a slide which turned into a big spin across racing line and Nigel could not avoid my car :( after this the car was damaged and undriveable, after a trip to the barriers I pitted to fix it, but I had forgot to make a preset before the start and the crew did nothing to it, so I retired.

Thanks for fun races, need a rest now :)

• Gary Paszek

Sorry guys i was unable to show about 30 minutes before the race started my internet crashed :(, I had done alot of practice so its kind of sad.

That was disappointing as I had the pace to battle for 15th, 14th and 13th.
Race 1: I avoided the carnage and was running about 14th or so but I think on lap 2 imperious was looking down the inside into turn 7 but I closed the door too late and ending up rolling off the track and had to pit for suspension repairs and needless to say finished last after a hairy spin in turn 1 when the race leader Ludwig was coming towards me' And then I crashed on the last lap into the small wall of tyres at that right hander giving me a puncture.

Race 2: I got a ok start and was running well, passed Grant into the entry of turn 8 on lap 1 and made a few mistakes and then crashed into the tyres again at the same turn pretty much ruining my race.

If I cut the stupid mistakes out I will start to go well in races.

fbmwnight.jpg

Class: Formula BMW
Tracks: 3 default tracks
Start: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 10 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes
Races: 2 x 5 laps
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #FBMW
Password: click here

Please fill in the poll with a yes or a no if you will join this race night! (votes can not be revoked so please think twice)

caterhamnight.jpg

Class: Caterham Night
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #CATS

Please fill in the poll with a yes or a no if you will join this race night! (votes can not be revoked so please think twice)

wtccnight.jpg

Class: WTCC 2006
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #WTCC

I really enjoyed this one. I must say that the little BMW E30 is becoming my favourite car in Race 07, great fun to drive. From what I could see the racing was very clean too, well done everyone, as these cars on this track was not easy.
The slow poke off the line may have been me, if it was, sorry about the problems behind me. I must have had something wrong with my setup or there is a technique that I have to learn for getting these off the line. I was expecting the usual BMW RWD fast start, but when I dropped the clutch, it initially lept away, but then strangely just bogged down with no revs, despite having my foot hard down. Dunno what happened, it was like a slippping diff or something, and happened in both races.

Qualy was ok, with a 2.04.1 ish. I had already posted a 2.04.3 ish with my first lap and decided to sit on that. Then added my race fuel and went for a late test run, only to post a quicker time. :rolleyes: That put me on about P8 ish.

Race 1. Bogged down at the start as mentioned. Had a clean race with no touches and some close racing. I had some great laps battling with Jerome until he made a mistake, and late in the race I caught MTommi and we had a terrific scrap over the final laps. I just beat him over the line in a photo finish to take P7.

Race 2. Started P2, botched the start again and was P7 before the first turn lol. Got a small touch sending me off track but no real harm done. I tagged onto Jari's tail, hoping he would drag me along, and was actually keeping him close for a couple of laps but then made a couple of boo boo's which allowed David to pass. However, David made a huge mistake mid race and went into the wall, allowing me to fimished alone in P5.

All in all a good night I thought. Much cleaner racing from everyone and some good spirit too. Pity about the guys who had PC problems, especially Grant who was looking very quick too. The only disappopintment was that the grid was well short of full, despite us closing the sign-up and having reserves who missed out. That wasn't fair to them.

Grats to Ludwig, Manny, Jari, and Ben, who were very quick all night.

EDIT: Just watched the replay and it wasn't me who contributed to the starting mishaps (phew) but I still have to find out why the car died just after the launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back