rF2 Club Paddock

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hi,
@David O'Reilly, @Gijs van Elderen will there be any event for non-premium users soon?:)

Sorry, I have missed the tag.... :sleep:

RD organized events will be premium members events...
Each club has a public server now. I'm using that server for the WEC events now. :unsure:
But the intention is to host public events on that server. Those will be hosted by premium members on request and accessible for everybody. :)

This is for games that require a dedicated server. Games that don't require a dedicated server are free to join.

I tried to find but couldn't find a possibly already ongoing discussion about the effects of the "for premiums only" change for club racing. But sorry if there already is one somewhere.

Now, this is only my view and it's fairly limited so might not accurate reflect the situation as a whole. But I feel that since this change signups for events have dramatically dropped. Though I've only looked at events with cars that I'm interested to take part in. And it's only been here in the rF2 club racing forum.

I've not always been looking for events very actively. But lately the ones that have interested me have had signup numbers countable by one hand a day before it's scheduled. And to me that's not really worth signing up.

I guess RD wants more people to become premiums but at the same time this seems to have made it a worse deal for premiums.

I've not always been looking for events very actively. But lately the ones that have interested me have had signup numbers countable by one hand a day before it's scheduled. And to me that's not really worth signing up.

I guess RD wants more people to become premiums but at the same time this seems to have made it a worse deal for premiums.

I agree.

Actually this move made me reconsider my membership and I will probably cancel the next one. RD just doesn't offer enough for me personaly TBH especially in the rF2 section.

There isn't even a league running I am interessted in. A Skip Barber races comes ones a year and in GT racing doesn't happen much either. GT cars are very popular currently in rF2 but yeah. There is a GT league planned on RD but it is for AC AFAIK with all the bling and blang but this plan is going on since three years or something I believe and in the meantime the rf2 section is more or less dry in this regard. People move on and join other well organized leagues for free.

Yes there are the few GT BoP races but consicering it is being payed to race there is just to much mess happening for me in the races. I got crahsed out the last two races I tried to join at the start allready. And they are scheduled at the same time other events are going on somewhere else.

So to sum it up simply not worth it anymore.
If they switch back and there is something going on in the rF2 section I might go for it again but currently ....nah. rF2 has moved on and other leagues and communities are just better organized and are offering more for no money. I raced in the first Clio league and there seems to be one comming up after no news for a long time again just like for the VWEC but wont take part there because of all this stuff.
There is just no consistency at all. Leagues are being created randomly with different cars all the time so you can hardly expect to build up somehting.

I am doubting if we will see the big 30+ starting numbers in club races which is what i really enjoyed in the races on here. I haven't upgraded yet simply because i cant use the service all that much at the moment. However, it is rather disappointing to see the numbers dropping and while i dont completely agree with the change I understand the move to this system. It was just unfortunate that rf2 was starting to pick up again on here and now its slowly dropping away again. I am also sure that with some well organised leagues the numbers could pick up again but as has been said there are some good leagues that are being provided for free. But for races to be well populated the sign up list often already needs to be well populated. People are probably more reserved with only 4-8 sign ups to actually consider signing up themselves. There are probably a few people who if they did sign up would probably bring that count closer to 10+ and potentially achieve those extra sign ups that tend to come from a decent number of sign ups.

Gents,
Gijs, Daiman and I have been reading your comments.
We plan to have a meeting next week when Gijs is back from holidays and talk about some ideas. We will probably come back to the club drivers/league drivers with some ideas and options to think about for regular racing (club and league). Maybe some voting. Then we will go to the RD leadership with the results. So we all want it to work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back