rF2 Club Paddock

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
I was thinking that we have a lot of interesting and friendly people regularly driving with each other but nowhere to chat other than the specific event threads.
So I wondered if we would like to have a RF2 Club Paddock thread (that maybe could be a sticky) where we can come to share news and chat. Might even become the home of the Blown Diffuser.

Anyway ill start it off with some paddock chat:
Congrats to @Frederic Schornstein and our other German drivers on the Football World Cup. Stunning goal in a tight match.
2nd Item of news is I've painted my Mazda MX5 (aka Spec Miate) for tonights race.
I went with the now tradiational Figjam Racing mix of:
Burnt Orange body in tribute to Bruce McLarens original colours. My first sim racer was a McLaren M8 A Slot car.
Chequered Pattern on roof. Tribute to HRT IMO prettiest car in F1 and my team in Xbox (WCC winners).
Carbon because its cool
#12 in honour of Senna's Lotus of 1985 when I first saw him in Adelaide GP.

I was thinking that we have a lot of interesting and friendly people regularly driving with each other but nowhere to chat other than the specific event threads.
So I wondered if we would like to have a RF2 Club Paddock thread (that maybe could be a sticky) where we can come to share news and chat. Might even become the home of the Blown Diffuser.

Anyway ill start it off with some paddock chat:
Congrats to @Frederic Schornstein and our other German drivers on the Football World Cup. Stunning goal in a tight match.
2nd Item of news is I've painted my Mazda MX5 (aka Spec Miate) for tonights race.
I went with the now tradiational Figjam Racing mix of:
Burnt Orange body in tribute to Bruce McLarens original colours. My first sim racer was a McLaren M8 A Slot car.
Chequered Pattern on roof. Tribute to HRT IMO prettiest car in F1 and my team in Xbox (WCC winners).
Carbon because its cool
#12 in honour of Senna's Lotus of 1985 when I first saw him in Adelaide GP.
I think it is nice to have a bit of chat here in the club. Congrats also to @Miroslav Davidovic for winning the GTE class.

It would keep the club threads a bit cleaner and we could talk about ideas for the upcoming events.

I do think the format we had this Saturday was the best so far. I saw a lot of close action in the GT pack and traffic spices things up as well.

Maybe we can have another round with these cars on some other high quality tracks.
We could go to Silverstone, Malaysia (even though I dont like it) or Sebring.

For these cars we should definetely use bigger tracks. Something like Mid-Ohio or Croft is fun, but would cause a lot of DNFs.

With 30 cars joining it doesnt seem like drivers are getting turned off by the "payware" mod.

Good point Bram but a paddock is often "on topic" too?

Eg:
@Frederic Schornstein
Now we have done that combo in a big race, I would really like to see either a) BES 1.0 and Lola LMP1, or b) ISI GT2 and GT1 plus Lola for example. With club races we can try stuff and get more feedback for admins to decide what to use in Sports Car League and WEC.
I know there has been a vote for Sports car league which was fairly clear But.....more ppl have driven it now and they need a comparator so as to make a choice. Maybe all have driven these cars maybe not, but the race dynamic over longer races is another matter IMO.

I know I have beaten the drum vs URD fairly loud already but a race with the other choices in the Club Format would be informative.
Having spectated 2 hours, correct me If I'm wrong but I don't think I saw a URD car spin. All battles were resolved in the pits to an extent.

Last edited:
I lost count of the amount of times i had big oversteer that i caught coming into T1, the amount of times i had half spins and well the amount of times i actually just spun completely. Atleast i didn't manage to spin into my pit box and stop perfectly backwards on my mark like the first time i tried to do a pitstop in the lola in an offline practice session. I don't think i could stop on the mark that well pointing in the right direction even if i tried it 100 times.

Edit: I also think that this is a great idea :thumbsup:

There were a couple of guys in the Lola who would have loved to have just one spin!
Yeah 1,5 times actually :D

Had a small look into the physics and the brutal diffuser values also apply for the wings. I will try to test several values to give Stefan a baseline for the next update. The car is really hard to get right around Bahrain. Some tracks are more straight forward.

Is there a new version of Fuji? The one in the FR35 leauge had pretty low grip, but fun anyway and should make for a big challange when you hit traffic in sector 3 :)

P.S. Nice to see that this thread is a sticky now :)
Here a short list of some options for the next WEC club, which came up to my mind.
Some more ideas?

Fuji
Mid-Ohio
Monza (maybe a bit booring)
Spa
Malaysia (not a big fan)
COTA
Silverstone (alreads used with the BES and Audi)

Spa, Malaysia and Silverstone are driven so often..its getting a bit boring imo.

What about Blackwood? Small but nice and for sure good to overtake for the LMPs.
Brno
Imola
Interlagos
Philipp Island

There are many cool tracks but not all are ok cause of the class racing so it would be hard to lap cars.

Spa, Malaysia and Silverstone are driven so often..its getting a bit boring imo.

What about Blackwood? Small but nice and for sure good to overtake for the LMPs.
Brno
Imola
Interlagos
Philipp Island

There are many cool tracks but not all are ok cause of the class racing so it would be hard to lap cars.
I havent driven Interlagos in rF2, but I love the track. Great idea and well suited for LMP/GT racing.

I am also a bit tired of Silverstone and Malaysia.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back