Club for racing Mods on Multiplayer?

Hello All, Is there a group that race with mod content online? Cars + tracks. There are some awesome mods for Assetto Corsa and it would be great to use them for online racing. I've been playing with the RallyLegends mods, but the AI is lousy. My friend set up a server so a few of us could race together and that was great fun. I'd like to do more racing with mods don't they seem to be popular online. Thx.

We use a couple of mod tracks in the club races at RD, as long as it's up to a certain quality standard and is available in our DL section.
We obviously want to use content that's popular to make it easier for everyone to hop into our races :)
Here's an example of us using mods in club events coming up next
Sunday.

We use a couple of mod tracks in the club races at RD, as long as it's up to a certain quality standard and is available in our DL section.
We obviously want to use content that's popular to make it easier for everyone to hop into our races :)
Here's an example of us using mods in club events coming up next
Sunday.
Thanks. I'll look into joining. I haven't raced in a proper league for a while.

That's one thing which makes me wonder: Assetto Corsa is great for modding and there are many many many good mods available (cars & tracks)....yet no one uses them online. Why is that? It's a reason why I don't go online that often anymore: it's boring to see the same (official) cars and tracks, there's no variety.

When we use mods, people tend to get away from the races, as it becomes more than just click and race.
Also, problems appear online with mods and specially with tracks. I would say that 5 tracks have the same standards of usability than Kunos'.
And about cars, a lot of them are very hard to drive and sometimes have bugs with collision boxes or sounds who crashes other people games. And considering the amount of variety we have in official content we tend to stick with it.
Occasionally we run mods with no problem. It is just the fact that it isn't as popular as it looks like.

Not to mention Id say all mods you mentioned in this thread are rips, if you want to race trucks, buy reiza's very good and far better (realistic) formula trucks, far better than that far too easy "mod".

For example the trucks effects on tyres (heat\camber\suspension\wear) is about 5x more pronounced with these 5 ton turbo charged beasts, you can ruin tyres in just 1 bad corner taken, you will get none of that in AC's questionable model, let alone a terrible ripped mod.

Not to mention Id say all mods you mentioned in this thread are rips, if you want to race trucks, buy reiza's very good and far better (realistic) formula trucks, far better than that far too easy "mod".

For example the trucks effects on tyres (heat\camber\suspension\wear) is about 5x more pronounced with these 5 ton turbo charged beasts, you can ruin tyres in just 1 bad corner taken, you will get none of that in AC's questionable model, let alone a terrible ripped mod.
The RallyLegend mods are not rips, these are conversion. They've got the permission and they put lots of energy, time and effort into the mod. The RallyLegend mods do have quite high quality. "terrible ripped mod" is an insult to the creators i assume

Though there are tons of shameless rips and extreme bad quality mods. Reiza is a really good game, but this is not the point in the thread.
I'm afraid you missed the topic mate

Completely missed The Rally Legend mod tbh, just reading about it now, good excuse to boot AC up,DL now, but yeah couldn't care less if rips or not,ripped models can help get mods going to fill gaps where needed, but when there's a far better official version(trucks),youd be better off there, hence my response, also if those muscle cars are the same ones I tried, they are again terrible, and would be much better served with historx (rf1) or even that latest GTR2 one.

That's one thing which makes me wonder: Assetto Corsa is great for modding and there are many many many good mods available (cars & tracks)....yet no one uses them online. Why is that? It's a reason why I don't go online that often anymore: it's boring to see the same (official) cars and tracks, there's no variety.
My thoughts exactly. I did a lot of online over Xmas and GT2/GT3 races @spa are very popular and great fun, I love them, don't get me wrong. But after that there's not much variety.

When we use mods, people tend to get away from the races, as it becomes more than just click and race.
Also, problems appear online with mods and specially with tracks. I would say that 5 tracks have the same standards of usability than Kunos'.
And about cars, a lot of them are very hard to drive and sometimes have bugs with collision boxes or sounds who crashes other people games. And considering the amount of variety we have in official content we tend to stick with it.
Occasionally we run mods with no problem. It is just the fact that it isn't as popular as it looks like.
Ok, I can see why some might cause problems, or not be suitable for your official races and leagues.

The RallyLegend mods are not rips, these are conversion. They've got the permission and they put lots of energy, time and effort into the mod. The RallyLegend mods do have quite high quality. "terrible ripped mod" is an insult to the creators i assume
Yes, some awesome work out there. The Polo and Citroen are great cars on their own, I took them for a spin around Brands. The effort the creators are putting in is amazing and needs to be commended.

What exactly do you mean with usability? Personally, I’d love to see tracks like Bridgehampton, Donington, Lucca Ring, Mills Metro Park, Paul Ricard, Grobnik, Poznan, Aosta used more often. These alone are eight tracks, which are good enough to be used online qualitywise, yet you barely see them. I won’t start speaking about mod-cars, the situation is also bad online.

For me, there is not much variety regarding official tracks. I’m happy when I sometimes see a server running Donington and 2-3 people race there.

I get your point, there are some bad rips and they're used without permission. Some are pretty poor and never get beyond WIP status or get abandoned. You use trucks as an example, but there are many superb mods that had hours of effort put into them. Not saying they are as good as official content or anything. AC supports mods, it was built for it so I wondered why not much interest online.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%