GT5 Club Event: Suzuki @ Nordschleife

Pic to follow.

Date: Tuesday 11th March, 8.30PM GMT, 9.30AM NZDST (New Zealand Daylight Savings Time)
Car: Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21) Race Car '95
Track: Nordschleife "Ring"
Laps: 4 (takes about 8 mins a lap)
Tyres: Racing Medium (RM)
PP: 485 (MAX)
Tuning: Allowed

Standard RD rules apply: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rules.10978/

I will be hosting the event so you will need to send me a friend request on PSN. My PSN ID is devilracer1987

You don’t need to be a licensed member to take part in the event.

To sign up, post a comment below with your name and PSN.

Entry List
1- Jonathan Seekings
2- Connor Caple
3- Rui F. Martins (Possible)
4- Sakis Politis (Possible)
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-

EDIT: Edited for the 5th time. Forgetful me forgetting things... Damn!

Last edited:
Sorry Jonathan. It completely skipped my mind until yesterday. The car is fast enough without it... Just not on the straights. I won the Midnight Series race on Nurburgring in the Cappuccino. Needed 30+ seconds on the final straight to win it. Won by less than a second :D

I've not been able to race all week, even against the AI, and I'm missing it.

I tried driving by doing most of the steering with my left arm, but it just feels weird and the right shoulder still hurts just holding the wheel. I haven't been able to drive my real car either, and that has some great power steering!

If there's any way I can manage the race this week, I'll show up, but it's looking very doubtful. :(

sorry about turning up late and thanks for waiting. i got home at half past and then had to do two updates so took a bit longer than expected.
Anyway, with a few last minute changes i was a few seconds quicker in qualifying including a nice 360 at one corner. Got a shocking start in the race and rui was up the inside of me into t1 but i held it round the outside to hold p3. i knew richard was quicker than me, but i also know it is an easy track to make mistakes so i just kept it clean (to an extent) and waited for richard to make a mistake and i slipped through. We kept trading places and it was turning into a fun battle. At the start of lap 2 richard lost it into t3,4,dish, but i couldn't avoid him when he came back onto the track so i waited because it would have been boring on my own. just after i managed to catch up (or richard waited for me) and get past I lose connection. very disappointing as i have never disconnected before and it will be my last race for a while.

I am starting an apprenticeship on sunday and will be living away from home for a year so won't be able to race much. Thanks for the racing guys and see you around in the future.

this was a nice event, a bit hard for me, but fun. it all started when i made the changes on my car, i tougth i had the car on the pp limit but it turned out i had it 6pp under, so i changed that. after that there was qualy and i found out i didn't had a long enough gearbox thus losing a lot of time. Since i was losing so much time in the straigths i had to try to go faster on the corners which led to a lot of mistakes from my end, i even almost rolled the car at the begining of the first lap, due to that i was at the back during the entire race, altough it was fun to drive this car during the race, we should have more race with this car ;)

thank you for the race, it was very fun, see you in the next race :thumbsup:

Had an absolute blast racing these micro cars on that track. Had a wicked battle with Jonathan for a while. Trading places was a lot of fun with him. I slowed down for him at one stage as it was boring on my own and we were having a massive battle on track. It was epic and seriously fun.

Nice win for sakis being some 2 minutes ahead after 4 laps.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%