Closing the Gap film

@Paul Jeffrey, I remember when I first joined here last year seeing a clip for this and if remember rightly it was meant to be getting released not long after, is there any word if this will ever see the light of day, was really looking forward to seeing it.

Hi Stephen,

I made Closing the Gap. I appreciate your interest.

To be absolutely candid, it has been difficult to find a home for it. ISI generously gave us funding for the production, but we haven't found a way to provide any funds for post-production.
A cut I made does exist; however, it uses temp music which would be far too expensive to license. It is also very long (1hr45mins).

It has been in the hands of another professional editor for a few months. We've made progress on a new sub-1hr cut, but progress is slow because of the lack of funding.

It is pretty painful that it's been 2 years since we made it, as the more time rolls on, the less relevant it becomes (the game footage was shot with rF2 dx9). S397 can't help either as it shows unlicensed cars (URD endurance mod), and frankly, general interest form the public hasn't been enormously high to say the least.

However, it IS still being worked on, and I'm open to suggestions if people are interested in helping to get it out there.

All the best,

Ed

Last edited:
Hi Ed

Thank’s very much for the reply I really hope you can get this released sometime soon. In my opinion from the 5 minute clip I have seen of it I feel this would encourage more people to give Endurance racing a go.
I guess you could possibly try Kickstarter to get funding to get it released but with such a small niche market I guess you may struggle.
Anyway best of luck and I’ll definitely be purchasing a copy if you manage to get it out there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%