Resource icon

DiRT Rally Closer Head Cameras v1.25

Login or Register an account to download this content
MoodyB submitted a new resource:

Closer Head Cameras - Moves the head camera forwards

This mod moves the head camera forwards, closer to the steering wheel, and also changes the range the in-game Field Of View slider works over.

By default this range is 47.5 to 52.5.

This is changed to be 45 to 55

Field Of View set at 0.0 (45) :

pdwzOiI.jpg

Field Of View set at 1.0 (55) :

hIh4Wdj.jpg

I've included the original camera files in the zip, so it's easy to revert back if you don't like it.

To Install :

Inside...

Read more about this resource...

No problem.
MSportDan's camera mod might be more to your liking as it's done using the dash cam, so you still get the tachometer OSD & has a very similar viewpoint to mine.

MoodyB updated Closer Head Cameras with a new update entry:

DirtRally Closer HeadCams v1.1

Dirt Rally Closer Head Cams v1.1 by MoodyB

Changes in v1.1

View attachment 91410

Lower FOV value changed from 45 to 40, plus some minor position changes on some cameras

If you don't like the slightly closer view in this version, then set the FOV slider to 0.3 or 0.4
This should be very close to the default 45 FOV of v1.0

This should also work fine with triple screen setups.
If you don't get the same view as the screenshots with triple screens then go to the following folder :...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You're welcome. I've hardly played DR in the past month or so but when the next batch of new content arrives I'll update the cams for the extra cars.

Any plans on a new update? I wouldn't play DR nearly as much if it wasn't for your mods! Thanks a ton! The only issue I have noticed is that the camera actually goes through the Lancia Stratos windshield when you use the dash cam. The in game FOV setting doesn't change the position of the dash cam for some reason. Hopefully the new car cams will be finished relatively soon! Thanks man!

Edit: I have been using the Fiat 131 Abarth modded camera file (located in the 131 folder) and it looks okay. It's outside the windshield, but the height is pretty good IMO. It works until there is an update or until I'm able to download BinXML.

Last edited:
I'll upload an update tonight with cams for the new cars.
I never noticed the dash cam issue as I only ever use the head cam, and that's the view the mod is intended for.

The dash cam fov can't be tweaked in-game because the values for it in each cars' cameras.xml file are set to the same value for 'minfov' & 'maxfov'.

Nathan Franklin, are you using the head cam or the dash cam on the Fiat 131?

I'll upload an update tonight with cams for the new cars.
I never noticed the dash cam issue as I only ever use the head cam, and that's the view the mod is intended for.

The dash cam fov can't be tweaked in-game because the values for it in each cars' cameras.xml file are set to the same value for 'minfov' & 'maxfov'.

Nathan Franklin, are you using the head cam or the dash cam on the Fiat 131?

I was using the dash cam because the head cam was too high in game. The dash cam was just a bit too far forward but it seemed like the height was pretty close to being perfect.

I modified the Stratos dash camera (was too far forward, windshield went through the camera) and also the Lancia Delta Integrale dash camera (was very low, made it a bit higher and pointed it higher in the air rather than at the dashboard).

How could I share these files with you? I tried to upload a .zip but it told me that it isn't allowed... Could I upload the .txt file for you?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%