Cars closed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FC1 2009 Williams FW31 Assetto Corsa F1 Mod Formula.jpg
Formula Corsa has released Version 0.9 of the FC1 2009 Williams FW31. This stunning V8 powered F1 car, holds its place in history. Now you can experience a bit of that history for yourself.

"Formula Corsa is proud to present our first fully scratch made content for Assetto Corsa, featuring the F1 2009 Williams FW31, brought to life packed full of details including full 3D interior and a game's first in formula chassis and fully animated rear heave spring suspensions. V0.8 of our content features the 3 williams drivers who participated in the drivers world championship , and the 2009 constructors and drivers champions the F1 2009 Brawn GP team.

We are all hard at work on bringing the Assetto Corsa community better and better content with each release we do , The FW31 project will include at version 1.0 the full 2009 season livery , With all the helmets , gloves , suits and all associated textures from the season and the 2009 TV Hudd application thats been created from scratch in house by our dev team.

The content consists of 2 versions the standard version and the S1 version in which we have added the Kers system to, please install both versions."

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody Amazing love this. ? are you working on any other cars by any chance and if so which ?
PS mirrors are good for me going so damn quick barley time to stare into them let alone look at them.
Thanks for your work.

Bloody Amazing love this. ? are you working on any other cars by any chance and if so which ?
PS mirrors are good for me going so damn quick barley time to stare into them let alone look at them.
Thanks for your work.
Thank,s , I compared two screenshots from cockpit at 5760x1080 with the fw31 and t125 with ultra everything running 780sc sli watercooled and they where identical , but obviously some people are having issues has this is the first time had issues with mirror resolution :)

Even thinking bout putting F1 rim on and i hate that rim but just to get me more in the zone are you doing any more cars do you think GT'S maybe ? although most are already out or coming out i suppose.

Is it just me, or are the brakes CRAZY oversensitive?
I have no problems with braking in other cars, but in this one they start locking up at around 10% of the full pedal travel distance :cautious:

EDIT: Ahh, ok. After a dozen or so laps around Monza (dat T1 braking zone... :O_o:) I finally got the hang of it... I'd forgotten to use engine braking as well :D

Last edited:
I have no problems with braking in other cars, but in this one they start locking up at around 10% of the full pedal travel distance :cautious:

EDIT: Ahh, ok. After a dozen or so laps around Monza (dat T1 braking zone... :O_o:) I finally got the hang of it... I'd forgotten to use engine braking as well :D
Yeah it's true. I have used a lot of time the F1 2014 mod and the brakes are too oversensitive and also i feel the car in breaking very very slight (is correct?) on rear

You know what, that makes sense. 2014 and current cars rely much more on energy harvesting while braking so the rear brakes are weaker than they used to be (though they still kept locking the wheels at the beginning of last season). In previous seasons however they used stronger brakes, so I'm guessing it was easier to lock them by just mashing the brake pedal.
In any case, the car definitely requires some practice, but after a while it all comes to you.
As for the brake balance - you can always move it to the back if you feel that's where more stopping force is needed.

You know what, that makes sense. 2014 and current cars rely much more on energy harvesting while braking so the rear brakes are weaker than they used to be (though they still kept locking the wheels at the beginning of last season). In previous seasons however they used stronger brakes, so I'm guessing it was easier to lock them by just mashing the brake pedal.
In any case, the car definitely requires some practice, but after a while it all comes to you.
As for the brake balance - you can always move it to the back if you feel that's where more stopping force is needed.
Yes, the practice can help me, but in the real onboard i had not seen the car lose grip like this. It's a strange feeling when i'm very very fast the car is very slight, in braking is very very slight

I concur with all the comments here above, excellent car, the quality and attention to detail is of a very high standard indeed!!! Thank you to all who made this fantastic mod available for us to run in Asseto Corsa.

One small comment, the mirrors seem to be quite distorted and then they aren't? Is this a known issue?

Once again thanks to all involved.

Cheers, AussieStig

Hey mate, thanks for your reply, well I have both cars in the cars folder under content in AC and the F1 Fonts in the Fonts folder, so what am I doing wrong if this is not correct? Anyone else experiencing the mirrors issue?

Cheers AussieStig

i moved the break bias to the middle and that also calmed things down. After the initial warm up etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%