Clone a harddrive ... questions

The original hard drive in my computer is only 250 Gb. This is drive "C:", and has the Windows op system on it.

I've installed a 1 Tb hard drive and am thinking of cloning my old drive with the Windows on to this drive.

My Questions:

1. If I clone this drive, will I have to re-install Assetto Corsa as if new ... or will I be OK running the clone of AC?

2. I have a copy of Automobilista on Steam. If I install this on my new drive, will it cause any comparability issues with AC?

3. Are there problems cloning the drive with games on them I haven't thought of?

Thanks ...

The idea of cloning is to have an exact replica, regardless of the new hardware behind running the files. There should be no problem(?).

Others might digress with their own experiences but, speaking for myself, I've never had a problem with my cloned files, even with the games that use starforce or securom protection on disc, or Steam ones for that matter.
I've used different apps for cloning but have settled with Macrium Reflect (Free Edition) for quite sometime now, really good (if that matters at all).

OK @DucFreak ... I cloned the drive, now I have a C: drive and a E: drive. ... and questions.

1. Can I change the name of my former C: drive to "F:" ... and the name of my New E: drive to "C:"?

2. Can I remove my old "C:" drive and put it into another computer?

Thanks for getting me this far!

You should have disconnected the original C drive and rebooted
Then the new driver "should" automatically take C
When you put old C drive in another computer it will auto take the next letter available
You can then go into disk management and swap drive letters if needed

=================================================================

By the time I watched those utube I would have 10 OS imaged lol ;)

Starts @ 1:35

Imaging from bootable USB is faster and neater................imo

But you can't have a opinion here without debate

By the time I watched those utube I would have 10 OS imaged lol ;)

Starts @ 1:35

Imaging from bootable USB is faster and neater................imo

But you can't have a opinion here without debate

*SIGH* (...lost with words...)

Please a take a moment to read the O.T. and the following posts in sequence to it.
Then please read what you've just wrote.
Honestly, I'm confused what does that even has to do with anything, or what it does to contribute to the thread or help the scenarios on the O.T., especially at this point where the process was already started (??).

Last edited:
OK @DucFreak ... I cloned the drive, now I have a C: drive and a E: drive. ... and questions.

1. Can I change the name of my former C: drive to "F:" ... and the name of my New E: drive to "C:"?

2. Can I remove my old "C:" drive and put it into another computer?

Thanks for getting me this far!
No need to rename anything at this point.

Now, and like the video-tutorials explained, you just need to get into your BIOS, and change the drive/disc that is supposed to be the highest priority (boot) drive.
Check in your motherboard manual (BIOS, disc priority section) if unsure how to do it.

In this case, your new clone (newest drive or disc) is to be selected as the highest priority (boot) drive.
The old one is to be put as secondary, or even tertiary (etc) - you can even remove it from your PC if no longer needed (since you'll have the new clone in use then).

Save and exit BIOS. ...should be done.

System then should boot automatically, from newest drive/disc (the one you made to be clone).
And it should now be recognized as "C:" :) (old one recognized with secondary drive letter, for example, "E:")

Last edited:
*SIGH* (...lost with words...)

Honestly, I'm confused what does that even has to do with anything,

What because my clone tool is not your clone tool I can't have a say ? :)

If I had done first post you would have still came on here and detailed your preferred method ......that is all I did, but difference being I would not have started to debate your method

If you want to CLONE ......IMHO Trueimage is best because bootable options are better
and faster to copy because a OS is not working at the same time :)

Last edited:
What because my clone tool is not your clone I can't have a say ?

If I had did first post you would have still came on here and detailed your preferred method ......that is all I did, but difference being I would not have started to debate your method

If you want to CLONE ......IMHO Trueimage is best because bootable options are better
and faster to copy because a OS is not working at the same time
LOL :laugh: ...not sure you're high on the pills dosage or what but, seriously, notice how you replied that directly to the person asking for help, with specific questions.

....if my previous post isn't still ringing sense in there (it obviously isn't, sorry for that as I thought it would be obvious enough) then, again considering the post you're answering directly, try instead to answer this question (take your time)... what and how does that (your post) even help for (him, or us), exactly?

System then should boot automatically, from newest drive/disc (the one you made to be clone).
And it should now be recognized as "C:" :) (old one recognized with secondary drive letter, for example, "E:")

index.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 375 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing