Clip clippety Clop

Can you have a look at the pedal overlay please. I know it's clipping on the curves but on the straight it's great. These bends are a bit more powerful than normal yes? oh and ignore my driving and gear shift as I'm looking at the overlay cheers big ears (Not saying you have big ears or discriminating big eared people in any way it's just a friendly saying)

It's clipping far too much Jim. You should not really need to mess with the wheel settings in RF2 unlike other sims I could mention. I just run my T300 on stock settings profiler strength at 70% occasionally I add or remove some caster but that's it other than usual setup work.

It's clipping far too much Jim. You should not really need to mess with the wheel settings in RF2 unlike other sims I could mention. I just run my T300 on stock settings profiler strength at 70% occasionally I add or remove some caster but that's it other than usual setup work.
If I do that though it clips even more! Default multiplier is 1 so I knocked it down to .5 and torque default is 5 and soothing at 4. This is for the apex mod. I'm definitely not going to get bogged down with ffb unlike other sims I could also mention lol

I will check my settings when I can Jim, but I know they are at default for the T300 I get a small acceptable amount of clipping in certain situations. If I were you I would default them all then just lower the caster value if it is too much. I cannot think why you should have excessive clipping.

I will check my settings when I can Jim, but I know they are at default for the T300 I get a small acceptable amount of clipping in certain situations. If I were you I would default them all then just lower the caster value if it is too much. I cannot think why you should have excessive clipping.
Uhm, Torque on zero, smoothing on zero, multiplier on 0.33 and it's still clipping but not as bad. I'm not going any lower as there'll be no ffb at all! Maybe be it's an issue with the mod? Thanks anyway Laz, and some graphics setting my way my fellow 970 user :) you're a very nice man

You probably need to try some of the other mods especially the updated ISI cars to see if those settings work universally. As for GFX settings. I think I have these.

1920 x 1080
4 x AA
FXAA on
Everything on max I think, shadows on quality. Frame rate limited to 83fps. Get the occasional dip into the 50's at the start of a race at a few circuits but only lasts a second or two and with G sync monitor I don't notice it.

For some reason many mods have tuned FFB too strong past the clipping point, imo it's lack of knowledge from mod maker. All ISI cars I've tried have FFB clipping more or less optimal at 1.0 mult. Only way it gets wrong is if you add a lot of caster from default setup, which adds resistance.

Your right. Those are nothing like the ISI Nascars, or any Nascars, lol. I must have been paying way too much attention to the clipping meter, lol.
Jim fooled me at first running GT cars on a oval. I have no issue with the Apex mod on my Tx at standard settings, so it is very strange. Trust you Jim.

Jim fooled me at first running GT cars on a oval. I have no issue with the Apex mod on my Tx at standard settings, so it is very strange. Trust you Jim.
Yes well I've just tried a few laps at this weeks club race circuit South Shore. I tried the Nordschleiffe Porsche and it was fine with no changes. Tried a different Porsche from the bottom of the list and had to turn the multiplier down to 50 to stop it clipping. Why are they so different? I can vid it if you wish.

The clipping meter makes no difference with regards to what wheel you use. The clipping meter measures software clipping, not hardware, therefore Jim's results should happen to every single person's system if using the exact same FFB settings as Jim, and obviously the same car, etc.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%