rF2 Clio Cup @ Varano deMelegari - Tue Aug 10th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Not much luck these last days.

Q: Was though. Was very crowded but still was second for most of the part. Thought oke this isnt bad. But then dropped to 5th in 3 seconds.

Race: Worse start then the first start. But held 5th. After a lap i needed to brake abit for the guys infront wich slowed me down to 7th.
Followed Julien and Chris. Then we cam across Ryan in the chicane. Place my car nicely past him but Julien hit him and then i hit Julien and it flipped me over. Screen went all crazy and because of my abrupt movement on the wheel when i flipped over i destroyed a clamb of my wheel. Sorry to Tomasz when i was laying in the gravel on the right, he hit me (not really in my replay but still detroyed his car like it was the biggest impact ever. Think some weird lag same when i hit Julien). After 5 or 6 seconds my screen came back abit managed to get out off the gravel and pit. Put me a lap down and followed Julien who was a lap up for the rest of the race. Couldnt be back on time for race 2 with my reserve wheel.

Nice mod and race 1 time i test it close racing with it also i was on default setup not much to edit in garage i like that
1 race for me on this site 12 is ok for test 2 lap before race. thx host

Q1: good
R1: Amazing, I had much fun much fights ... no words :) Good position, close to top 10

Q2: My PB ever
R2: good, amazing, I had much fun much more fights... but then Can just appeared from nowhere (I saw you in my mirrors far behind and then in my back :D) and I got punched to the sand, where the car didnt want to run, I was pushing clutch for some power but it was hard to get even on track (thx Can for waiting), but I didnt recognize broken wheel and did 2 wheels ride after driving through chicane and I didnt get back to 4 wheels, I had to wait when my car rolled onto roof, and wait for automatic rerolling :D so, from fights for TOP 10 I was last, but I was able to catch at least 19th position :) it was at least something as I wasnt fast anymore

I had epic fun tonight! see you next Tuesday

I had to wait when my car rolled onto roof,

I saw that, quite funny at the time.

First race the guy I was following hit the tyre wall at the chicane where we could cut on the first lap and bounced back into me and started a 4 car pile up. Not really his fault, but it ended my race pretty much there and then.

Second race the person I was following decided to come to a complete stop in the first chicane on the 2nd lap. Didn't even try to move off the racing line.

This series needs renaming to the "Bumper Car Event for the very special people".

See you next week.

Nice evening-pore results:)
Q1- not good over a second worse then in pracitce...
R1- ended to soon by crushing into Ivo's Clio... it happens...:frown: Next time I'll slow a bit during yellow flag:cool:.

Q2-nightmare-couldn'tfind my pace P17th

R2-not a bad start kept position-lots of minor contacts with other guys, almost spun after traffic colizion, than spun without any help :) and dropped to the end of the pack.
I tried to keep up and did, than Ondrey rollovered in front of me and David-it was funny view. Nice battle with David, I overtook him, when he spun just in front of me in the first chicane-it was very close, but luckly I've managed to miss him. Get stocked behind Abdul and Can Kolunam, trying to ovrtake them, with Can Ozcelik on my tail-great battle and lot of fun. Its very dificult to overtake on this track... so I stayed behind guys. Killed my front tires during this time and last 2 laps I luckly-I mean very luckly :wink: Managed to defend my position from Can and finished 16th. Like always very fair fight with Can-one more time thank You Can.

thx to everybody I've battle with, Ivo for the event and RD.

Mixed night really.

Q1: Did an okayish lap to get 8th on the grid. Kept getting held up on quicker laps.

R1: 1st attempt I jumped the start but luckily it was stopped for other reasons. 2nd attempt, I got a decent one but was nudged at turn 1. Was side by side with Toby into turn 3 but I got stuck on the outside and lost a place. Saw Ivo's car plummit to earth upside down on lap 3 and managed to avoid it. Couldn't get close to the guys in front due to being cautious with the lag (cars were disappearing and re-appearing and I didn't want to get too close in case they suddenly appeared right next to me). Made a mistake at turn 5 which let Ivo unlap himself and then at the end of the lap Java update decided to tell me it needed installing and through me back to desktop. Knowing nobody was around me at the time I slowed up, sorted out the Java thing and got back in game. Luckily I was off the racing line and not in a wall but I apologise to anyone I may of held up. Lost a couple of places because of it and spent the rest of the race tucked up behind Stefan's Clio but couldn't get past. Finished in 10th I think.

Q2: A better lap but was still being held up on several laps.

R2: Started 7th and made a good start only to be tagged in the back at turn 1. This caused the rear to slide a bit and then another couple of cars came charging down the inside into the cars next to me and there was a bit of mayhem. Managed to get through it alright without losing too many places but at turn 4, I got wiped out by Lee. Did a 360 and took a trip across the grass and rejoined the track in the same position with no-one around me. Overtook Toby and Lukasz when they had an incident at the chicane, and then got past Peter when he went off. Peter eventually caught me and passed me and I just ran around on my own in 6th to the end.

Thanks to Ivo, Ryan, RD, and those who I battled with.

I got struck by reality.

For the first time my times were in top 5, at the end of practice it wasn't unusual for me to have times 0.1-0.2s better than current best lap set by Ivo or Patryk. Each time I lost everything in sector 3; there was always a slower car in front of me then, but to be honest I have yet to figure out a good way to tackle those last 2-3 corners. When Gary started lapping the circuit I was nowhere near him, but my pace surprised me quite a bit.

Q1: In Q I wasn't able to pull of a lap close to those in practice. Connection timeout nullified my a-bit-better lap. Didn't mind it, but the timeout itself got me concerned, as it turned out rightfully so.

R1: Started out nicely, was able to move up to P5 with healthy advantage over P6 and trailing on the bumper of P4. Was setting my mind to "calm down now fool" when a restart struck (hate those things). After the restart I failed to pass Toby Davis like before and now I got stuck behind him (it was EXTREMELY odd to be faster than Toby. It just destroyed my concentration ;)). In the first part of R1 Toby was considerably slower than me, but he was losing it all in a place where passing was very difficult. Also his lines were... different. Sliding all around the place, pushing hard, got carried away on the inside all the time. Unpassable one, I got angry with myself for landing behind Toby in "mere" P10 :p. I don't remember exactly where I was at the end of the race (a place behind Toby IIRC), but the connection problems struck me again and I lost a lap because of that (simply got disconnected). P19 because of that, bummer.

Q2: Lag again. When leaving the pits entering a track where there was no car except for the tiny silhouette on the horizon suddenly Toby (!) appeared on my bumper going furiously fast. I was adamant that he left the boxes right behind (cause there was no way he was the silhouette) and got angry again, because it looked like he wanted to race in Q. It turned out this was all caused by a lag (mine + his combined, disastrous result) and as I said after the race - sorry again for this fudge-up. My ISP will receive a phone call from me ASAP.

At least I quallified on P5 :)

R2: Toby always starts flawlessly. I don't like it, cause he was again all over me :p. I was determined to be in front of him as early as I could, but this time around he already figured out the way around the track and I wasn't quick enough to pull it off. After one of his passes I tried too hard to attack (in a nonsensical place. It was all caused by being poked around, which my pride couldn't bear) and nudged Toby into the gravel in sector 3. We had to let a bunch of cars through to be able to rejoin, which resulted in us landing on P14 and P15.

The upside of the situation was that we were able to catch and overtake a few cars (I finally got an opportunity to pass Toby along with one of them) and in the end we were back playing the "Toby wants to be in front. Badly." game. This time it wasn't as bad and apart from me having to catch the rear that changed into a pendulum once and some poking in the last turns of the last lap we managed to not push each other of the track. P9 and P10 respectively.

To sum it up: "Toby-ish" event. And now I know that it's really tight near the top. I liked racing last week with Lee more TBH. Less "passing at all costs", but this was hugely caused by the track which doesn't have many overtaking spots.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 162 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%