Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Mod Edit: We don't discuss lap times in the club, it puts people off and promotes competitiveness; the club is for all skill levels and for fun.

Well, I know that's RD's rule for Racing Club, but let me say that, at least for me, is interesting to know the average lap times to see If I have to search for some tenths here and there.

I don´t think anyone isn´t going to put off the race because is slower. The overall atmosphere of clean racing and nice people to help you is more important than lap times.

It's a race, and competitiveness will always be there. All of us want to be faster than the one in the front; it's the essence of racing, even in the Club.

Anyway, sign me up, please. These Clios are too fun to miss it.

Well, I know that's RD's rule for Racing Club, but let me say that, at least for me, is interesting to know the average lap times to see If I have to search for some tenths here and there.

I don´t think anyone isn´t going to put off the race because is slower. The overall atmosphere of clean racing and nice people to help you is more important than lap times.

It's a race, and competitiveness will always be there. All of us want to be faster than the one in the front; it's the essence of racing, even in the Club.

Anyway, sign me up, please. These Clios are too fun to miss it.
I know of two newcomers in the past six months who came along and then left for other clubs, stating that there's too much competitiveness in the GSC club and it put them off.

I agree that competitiveness will always be there, it is a race after all, but some people take it too seriously in the club and aren't racing purely for fun. The moment they spin in lap 1 they quit, for example. And whether slower people should be put off is another matter in itself. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I see fair points on both sides of the coin.

This whole discussion is kind of moot anyway - rules are rules and people with more experience and know-how came up with those rules, so I'll enforce them. Put it this way - not knowing the lap times until the event doesn't make it any less fun either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%