RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great races tonight first Mini race for a while but couldn't say no to Donny.
Qualified 9th made a good start spent a lot of time racing Terry, it was nice battle when I could get close enough, almost had him at the last corner but he retook me and I finished 6th.

The first 8 laps of race 2 were incredible, some really nice clean racing, 3 wide down the craners battling for the lead. After that started to lose touch with the top trio and has Giorgio bearing down on me most of the race.
At this point Giorgio, I don't know if you are refering to incident late on in race 2 but I stayed central down the straight and into the braking zone and as I turned in you weren't , even half along side. Up until that point there was plenty of room on the inside I thought you just outbraked yourself.
As much fun as attacking is, for me, defence is the best part of racing and I'm more than happy to make my car as wide as possible , hold the middle of the road and let them decide which way to go but not move about in the braking zone. As long as you don't weave excessivley it should be fair game.

After that had Terry behind, he got me on th last lap ...beaten again :D finshed 5th this time.

Thanks for the great racing and to RD for hosting :doublethumb:

Duarte, not to worry.... we'll help you. Sign up for msn if you don't already have it and someone will msn you a setup. Pick a car and I'll try to match you up. Make sure to get on our teamspeak server. That's where the fun is at!!! Good luck and I hope you don't beat me.

i officialy make myself a mobile chicane for this race :)

in all seriousness ive got quite a good pace here offline so this might actually be pretty good for me
what sorta times are you lot running and would sub 1:40 be good?

And I have to cancel. :(

I really hate having to do this, looking forward to racing a competitive Vauxhall for the first time. I'm realizing that the studying that I need to do will take longer time than planned, so I'll have to get a good nights sleep in tonight. Sorry! :(

in all seriousness ive got quite a good pace here offline so this might actually be pretty good for me
I ran laps in the Vauxhall earlier today and ended up in the mid 33's, so a few seconds under 40 would be good. :)

Duarte and myself were just on server and ran only a few laps with a setup that I found leftover from an earlier race here and we were both in the 1.36 range. With a few dozen more laps and a setup tweak or so, I think I can lose a bit more time. BUT then again, Rarely am i competing for the poduim in these cars against these drivers... so....

i officialy make myself a mobile chicane for this race :)

I am running a high 33 in Q trim FWIW. Doesn't matter what your lap tim eis MIke. HAve fun and try to remain calm should the bliue flag wave and let the overtaking driver work the pass.

okay

eric am i allowed off the track to let people through so i dont get in the way if theres a few side by side?

I've found the best thing to do is just run the racing line the way you usually do, and don't do anything unexpected. Only try to get out of the way if you are on a long straight or where it's obvious what you're doing. The really fast guys can pass you no matter where you're at, so long as you keep your line. It helps to be on Teamspeak, so you can get/give a warning when needed.

I'll be running with you in the 38-40 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back