RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

1561646018_e9aca163dd.jpg

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com CLIO
Track: Nurburgring Mullenbach
Weather: Dry
Cars: True2Life Clio Cup Mod 1.01
Start: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 25 minutes (Sever will be up during the day)
Qualification: 25 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2x 20 minutes

Notes:
We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Monday Night Discussion Thread - > http://www.racedepartment.com/race-s...tml#post536854

Aus / NZ week continues with the very fun CLIO CUP cars at Gold Coast Surefer's Paradise! Not only are we bringing the new car mod to you but the newest version of the track! it's a beautiful scratch build from the great guys at FVRFACTOR.COM!

Clio's are easier to setup than a MINI and quicker too! Just a joy to drive so don't miss this great event!

It is a fun car (for a FWD, that is :D).

Qualified 6th I think with a 1:15.x, molasses slow.

Race 1: Offs killed me in this one (esp. at Rivazza). Eventually damaged the suspension that took about 4 sec off each lap. Finished last car running.

Race 2: Incident with Koray T1 put us both to the back of the field, and I think I saw Dave S. doing an inverted 360. Got back on track and started chasing down Bob, and chasing, and chasing, and chasing until after 8 laps or so I think his tires started going, and I was now cracking 1:13's (Finally started learning some stuff about 1/2 way through this race) - when I finally got within a half-second or so, he shot wide in Pt. 2 of Villeneuve, and must have totalled it into the wall. Spent the last couple of laps trying to make up time on Dave S - pretty much just holding serve.

While the setup is simple, there has to be a sweet spot in the front ride-height to packers ratio to keep the turns precise (high packers/low height) while allowing sufficient body movement under braking to prevent early locks (low packers/high height) - which unfortunately also caused major understeer. (I ended up at 10.0/6.2, but still wasn't really happy with it) Also a big trade off between tire wear and front grip. Rears even at near max camber didn't wear badly and stuck well.

I'd race these again :wink:. Thanks Stefan, Eric and RD. (& Grats to Yves on the Double)

Please Note the mod is now V1.01 - Delete the old files first to avoid problems. (the files to delete are explained on the download page)

Once again this week I will run 2 servers if there is enough demand. The cut-off will be 36 drivers. If less than 36 sign up anyone after number 25 on the list will be considered a reserve. the final decision will be made on Monday afternoon. Server allocation will be random and final!

Session times have altered a little from last week.

Apologies for the late posting, the track I wanted to use is not legal. Expect a default track for next week.

Entry List

SERVER 1

1. Gregory Cogotti
  2. Mark Guy
  3. Alain Fitoussi
  4. Barry Morse
  5. Mike Bell
  6. John Cunningham
  7. Frans Linden
  8. Mustafa Gungor
  9. Jimi Hughes
  10. Matjaz Murn
  11. Jelle van der Knaap
  12. Bjorn de Haas
  13. Freddie Besems
  14. Dave Stephenson
  15. Nathan Magrath
  16. Marco Sbordoni
  17. Adam Vaughan
  18. Graham Wilgaus
  19. Joao Borges
  20. Omer Said
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

SERVER 2

1. Oliver Wickens
  2. Xose Estrada
  3. David Garcia
  4. Jesper Taulborg
  5. Remco de Wildt
  6. Dennis Frederiksen
  7. Giorgio Giovanni Migazzi
  8. Ries Notenboom
  9. Arno Hoog
  10. rzysztof Babij
  11. Nick Deeley
  12. Oancea Gabriel
  13. Stepan Senyuk
  14. Murat Erdogdu
  15. Simon Gardiner
  16. Terry Harmer
  17. Afonso Meirelles
  18. Claudio Caferri
  19. Jesper Bayer
  20. Chris Sykes
  21. Nicolas Hamilton
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Some amazing racing tonight! Absolutely love these cars! If anyone out there is looking get into sim racing, I think the Clio is the perfect place to start.

Q: I made a small change to the camber going into quali which turned out to be a bit of a flop and I ran off coming out of the second chicane. I think Dave knows the one I mean. lol. Somehow still managed a decent time of 2:10.8 which was just one tenth of pole, putting me in 3rd. :)

R1: Didn't get the best of start and had Eric slowly creeping by me on the outside. This meant we were three wide. I kept to the inside edge of the track, but Joseph and Eric were battling hard for the same piece of tarmac. After knocking on my passenger side door Eric finally spun around the front of me. Amazingly Eric somehow gained a couple of spots as he rejoined. lol. Then in the second chicane Eric runs a little wide on the exit and I am on his tail once more. We have a good battle for a lap or two and then he pulls off into the pits. The remainder of the race was mostly between Yves, Dave and me. I think speed wise we fairly even over the race distance, but we took turns making mistakes. I finished 2nd about 2 or so seconds down on Yves.

R2: Starting from the back of the field I a reasonable start and filed in behind Dave. I glad to report that I took it easy through the 1st chicane, as everyone else seemed to be tangled with each other, gifting me P2. :) I then chanced down Joseph, whom had a bit of a gap and closed him down. I line him up and passed him coming out of the chicane at the top of the hill for the lead. I was somehow able to carry some great speed through there and just flew past him on the exit. It was wasn't long before Yves, Dave and Claudio caught me. After some good close racing I now found myself in P4, but still in the hunt. A few laps later Dave made a mistake and I was back up to P3 chasing Claudio. The gap between us kept going from virtually nothing to about 1 seconds and back again as we took turns making mistakes. Without engaging in to much silliness we were able to close down Yves making the final laps very interesting. We were all so even that it was hard to try and get past anyone. I finished 3rd after some very intense and entertaining last laps. Great stuff guys!

Definitely gonna have to run some more races with these!

Good nights racing guys, thoroughly enjoyed, sorry no big report but you know its 5am here :)

Glad to see I had a little more pace than I thought. I went deep in a few turns and had an off in my Q lap so did alright to get second.

First race was pretty cool with me, Yves and Stefan having some nice fights. I eventually came out on op and left the guys to slow each other down. I was fluttering nicely between 5.5 - 6 seconds in the lead when the dreaded second "you've been warned for cutting the track" came over the radio, I swear i only missed my usual line by mere inches but it was enough. Form that point things go sketchy. I panicked while trying desperately to remember where the tight cut zones where, within a lap I had given away all but a 2 seconds gap back to Stefan with my tires gone from the scruffiness and the early burst of pace before that I was a sitting duck and it was long before Yves and Stefan sailed by.

Race 2 gave me a good start I managed to get a good line into the left of the first chicane which I thought would allow me to go outside in the right and carry a little extra speed, Well it worked until I got a little tap from the right and up onto 2 wheels I went. For a second I thought about riding it, at Cadwell the other day I made it most of the way down the pit straight on 2 wheels on several occasions but with so many cars in so small a space at T1 L1 I thought better of it. that dumped me right back. I fought on making it up to 4th but when the black flag came my fate was sealed. I pitted and missed the blocks. You know how it is they are pretty addictive black flags, I enjoyed another just before the end, missed my blocks again too, and the final one was added as a time penalty. disaster really.

Fun racing with all the cars I encountered, cheers all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%