Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Well, that was a horrible first experience racing here. In both races, I got collected in wrecks on the first straight (shortly after eau rouge), neither of my own making but both rendered my car undrivable within 30 seconds of racing. Very frustrating, and a big waste of time. Sorry to be so negative, but I was really looking forward to this, after experiencing the debacle that is the Assetto Corsa multiplayer, but this was no better for me. I'll give it another shot in the future, but am really disappointed right now. I'm far from the fastest driver (I've just started sim racing recently), but to not even have a chance to get a full lap in either race really sucks.

OK, I think I'm done venting now... I just hope this was an anomaly, and not a common occurrence.

Well, that was a horrible first experience racing here. In both races, I got collected in wrecks on the first straight (shortly after eau rouge), neither of my own making but both rendered my car undrivable within 30 seconds of racing. Very frustrating, and a big waste of time. Sorry to be so negative, but I was really looking forward to this, after experiencing the debacle that is the Assetto Corsa multiplayer, but this was no better for me. I'll give it another shot in the future, but am really disappointed right now. I'm far from the fastest driver (I've just started sim racing recently), but to not even have a chance to get a full lap in either race really sucks.

OK, I think I'm done venting now... I just hope this was an anomaly, and not a common occurrence.
Normally the races here are really clean, just that eau rouge is one of the toughest turns in racing and it catches everyone out sometimes. I would give it another go since ive had a ton of great races here (mostly in the slower cars).

This was really fun and good & intense racing guys! Thanks all :thumbsup:

(Aaron: I have driven with most of these guys for a month or two, and almost always, it has been very clean racing. I advise you to stay :) )

Aaron, sorry to hear your first experience wasn't great, but the guys are right in saying a race like that is the exception. Also, if someone ruined your race by breaking the racing rules, send me a report and I'll investigate it.

Please do come racing again, this club is usually exceptionally clean.

A note: Due to some incidents caused at Eu Rouge earlier this week, please be extra careful there. Do not overtake at Eu Rouge unless there's high probability of pulling it off without trouble; incidents caused there won't go down well.

Thanks, glad to hear that my experience was unusual. For what its worth, I don't think anyone did anything wrong per se -- I actually couldn't see exactly what caused the two incidents that I got caught up in, but have the impression that it was just folks going too aggressively into a difficult turn. But I'll definitely give it another try and hope for better luck.

Reactions: Nox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 115 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 90 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • < 4 years