rF2 Clio Cup @ Calder Park - Tue Aug 17th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Honestly the quality of the driving in race 1 was poor. Lap 2, I got punted off at turn 1, after someone tried a ridiculous lunge, and then 2 laps later, i was barged out of the way in the final 2 turns, and then coming into t1 i couldnt see my braking point, spun avoiding cars and lost a wheel. Hope race 2 is better

Ok, this was my last Clio cup evening, because when Racing Staff himself ask for clean T1 (people have dont push as much as they can to safe drive trough) and a lot of us dont respect it. It would never be racing. Have a good time here! :fwd:

racing in these clios is madness!
race 1: NINJA STYLE START! XD jumped up 5 places at the lights aaaand then lost 3 of them in one turn lol, nice fight with Can ozcelik for a few laps but understeered off track at T1 so i lost 2 places which i couldnt get back at all quite annoyingly.
race 2: started in 18th due to being knocked off track in qualy into a wrong way DQ, and not a very good start, i jumped up a few places again but these clio races are getting a bit like public server starts with everyone swerving along the track, i had to avoid so many pointless spinners and hit someone in a dark blue car, sorry for that hehe.
congrats to the winners :)

Indeed racing these clios are a bit of a madhouse, but it was expected to be honest!

Race 1: Started fifth got down to 16 in the first corner cause I couldnt fit it! Too many cars at the same place! Keept a steady pace and by the end of the race I was back in fifth and finished!

Race 2: Was a huge boner as I thought I had time to go to the bathroom, but it took a bit longer than I expected:redface:. So when I came back I had to start from the pits dead last in 18th. Worked my way up to 10th place and finished.

Some might say that this event was rough racing but to me it feels inevitable when the cars are so balanced aswell as the drivers all beeing very quick! So in my book this was all very well! :)

Ah sorry to hear guys. Sometimes on small tracks nothing happens and sometimes on large tracks its the otherway arround.

Myself had a very fun event.

Race 1 started behind Greg. After the second straight i got a good run on him and took P1. Hold it for a couple of laps. Until Greg had a good run on me on the same point so back to 2th. :)
He pulled away abit and Gary closed the gap to me. Had some nice laps battling him but he won that. After that they pulled away and i managed the gap to Caramidaru, so 3th. :)

Race 2 started 5th. Got the inside of Eddie and took P4. Then Greg, Chris and Gary had a good run on eachother in the fast chicane. And that didnt go to well. Saw Chris going sideways and Greg and Gary following him. Thought oke i will pass on the right but then Chris his car went on the track again so hitted him. Tried 5 seconds to keep the car under control and finnally managed to do so. Car wasnt badly damaged but lost some topspeed. Rejoined the track at 3th. Fighted off Adam and Caramidaru for two corners and managed to pull away. Closed the gap to Eddie and Lukasz when they had it little scramble. Then Eddie spun trying to overtake Lukasz i think? So took P2. Closed the gap to Lukasz to 2 seconds but we had the same pace and he didnt make a mistake so it stayed 2 seconds the whole time. So 2th. :)

Thanks all for racing. :)

Honestly the quality of the driving in race 1 was poor. Lap 2, I got punted off at turn 1, after someone tried a ridiculous lunge, and then 2 laps later, i was barged out of the way in the final 2 turns, and then coming into t1 i couldnt see my braking point, spun avoiding cars and lost a wheel. Hope race 2 is better
That would be me. Terribly sorry - was the last of 3-cars-wide 4 or 5 cars pack and tried to brake using different marker just to realize that "OMGWTFBBQ, I should've started braking ages ago!". But I was on the inside in an understeery car, already moving along others; would do anything to avoid contact if there was a way at this point.

And my point of view: I agree, these cars are a handful, not because it's hard to control them, but because it's hard to attack in them. Mistakes aren't too costly and it's easy to be overconfident at times and get carried away.

Q1: My first qual that I found great. There was even a slim chance of getting pole after seeing +0.003 at the 2nd split, but I didn't deserve it anyway ;). P3

R1: Poor start. I slammed the 1st in as fast as I could, but either anyone around has some ninja-reflexes, or manual clutch makes that much of a difference. Trailed befind a few cars for a lap in P6, then slammed into Chris shamefully and I took my punishment, dropping into dead last, waiting for traffic to pass me by. Later I managed to overtake few guys; it was easier than last week (especially without Toby in front of me :D), but still no piece of cake. Especially Can was putting up a real fight. Thanks :). P9.

Q2: similar time from me, ridiculous effort from Chris, Greg and Gary. But I was happy with P7. Less positions too loose :)

R2: [sidenote: I don't know what you're talking about regarding T1 shenaningans. First eight cars got through flawlessly, despite a few position shifts. Almost no contact whatsoever]
Managed to slip into sixth, put on my "careful suit" through first chicane, then BAM, cars start to fly off the road (again all the fastest guys just take each other out), then Ivo scares me to death jumping back on asphalt (safely, but it was scary :D). Suddenly I'm P3 seconds later Gary drives into the pits (drive through?).

I spent couple of laps behind Eddie, not even dreaming of attacking; but then he seems to be slower than me more and more often and I managed to make a clean move in T1 - my first overtaking for the lead here at RD :D. I was already watching the gap between me and Ivo behind me very closely and the big, cold ball in my throat just keeps growing as the gap decreases lap after lap. Luckily it stopped at 1.3 at first and I managed to "control" it. If you can call pushing with all you've got "controlling" ;).

And I did it - P1. Sorry for gloating, but I just can't believe it. I won a race at RD, I didn't really expect this day to come, especially in FWD cars :).

i had to avoid so many pointless spinners and hit someone in a dark blue car, sorry for that hehe.:)
It was me... luckly, I don'y know how, but I've survived it and didn't loose any position:cool:

The evening:
Aas usual in Clio cup nice practice,
times about 8-10 pleca, and horrible qualy 16th -twice( in q2 almost over 1 sec. worse than in practice)
But both races witjh lots of battles and overtaking manoeuvres. Great battle with Ondrey, Łukasz and Jeremy during R1. Thanks guys. In R1 I finished
13th, and in race 2 9th-Ithink. In race 2 Ihad view tough battles with Julien, Gregory, Abdul, Ali, Jeremy-those I remember:). Lots of action and not bad result. For more Idont have enogh pace at the moment.

Thanks for great fun to Ivo, RD and all guys, who raced tonight.
And congratulations to Łukasz for his first win at RD :cool:

Race 2 started 5th. Got the inside of Eddie and took P4. Then Greg, Chris and Gary had a good run on eachother in the fast chicane. And that didnt go to well. Saw Chris going sideways and Greg and Gary following him. Thought oke i will pass on the right but then Chris his car went on the track again so hitted him. Tried 5 seconds to keep the car under control and finnally managed to do so. Car wasnt badly damaged but lost some topspeed. Rejoined the track at 3th. Fighted off Adam and Caramidaru for two corners and managed to pull away. Closed the gap to Eddie and Lukasz when they had it little scramble. Then Eddie spun trying to overtake Lukasz i think? So took P2. Closed the gap to Lukasz to 2 seconds but we had the same pace and he didnt make a mistake so it stayed 2 seconds the whole time. So 2th. :)

Thanks all for racing. :)

Sorry Ivo, wasn't my fault

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back