RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great event on a track that I just didnt have that much time on to get down right. Quallied P8 which was just fine as I was still learning lines in WARMUP!

R1 had an event with someone as I passed on the outside. Finished P7. Happy with the performance as I am trying to FINISH each race and not end up on the wrecker.

R2 was far more entertaining as I was outside row one sitting P2. I could not keep pace through the chicane with the leader and was passed by Keith who put on a really nice move. I paced myself and finished on the podium.

Great racing with a bunch of great racers. This group just gets better and better as the weeks go on. It is rather entertaining to watch someone come in that might not have that much exp with the GTs gain that experience and perform better and better each week.

See you all next week!

First time racing in the GT Pros last night and boy oh boy these beasts are tough to tame but sooo much fun!

Quali - P6

Race1 - Got thru the few incidents in the first few corners and was P3 behind Jesper and Yves. With Mr. Jarrod "GT" Keen behind me in P4, put in some consistent laps to pull away with a comfortable lead for most of the race. Didn't have the pace to keep up with the leaders. My only concern was with a handful of laps remaining, Adam was gaining on me big time. But able to bring it home for a podium finish. :)

Race2 - Good run on the outside thru T1. Got a few love taps sees me off, catch back up to the pack and had a good battle with Eric Dennis. He was spinning in front of me as I was on the throttle with nowhere to go and end up tapping him off. Didn't know if it was my fault or not so decide to wait for him to rejoin and give back the position. Finally able to overtake him cleanly and have a good battle with Philip Brown for a few laps. Made a few mistakes in the final laps but end up P8.

Really enjoyed the racing in these cars last night. Definitely a handful! A big difference from all the F1 racing I've been doing lately. Thanks for the setup help and practice "GT" Keen!! I'll be back for more fun in these next week! :)

Sam, I agree, this is a great class and a great group. And if you want to watch someone grow into his own.... watch Will marquez.... as you know he's a great driver and has never really driven these cars.... and now he's been bitten by the bug. he'll love the gt2 class next week and he'll quickly get very competitive. Hey wait, he was already competitive last night.

Well it wasn't my best showing to date but sometimes luck just isn't your friend........

Q I put in a good session and grid mid pack at 7th. hoping for a bit more pace but also knwo this car can run very cosistently lap afetr lap. Oh yeah it was the Saleen S7 BTW.

R1. I get a smoking start and run past Jesperand Will very quickly and am challenging for 4th. I have Helder semi locked out on the outside. Vaughnie just goes agro unasisted and slides back into the track collecting KEith. HElder dives inside hard to avoid Adam and Keith! nearly misses me and is off to pit exit! I am on Yves immediately in T1! I had to lift slightly on exit and Jesper comes steaming up the outside of me to take P2! he avoided the melee apparently............LOL

Yves goes wide in T2 and Jesper and I motor thru on the line and I am sticking to Jesper like glue! OK the draft never hurt anyone in a wide body jet like the S7! he he he

T3 we hustle along with HElder behind me about .5. T4 I brake and get crushed from behind by Helder....................Lap 1 of a 20 lapper and he misses his brake point. Maybe a bit eager there....... I have apunctured tire. I try to arrange my pit stop but screw up the selection screen and I end up essentially with a stop n go for nuttin. I exit the pits and se HElder waiting for me! WOW! now either he doesn;t fully understand the wait rule or he is one hell of a nice guy! I cycle around and fix the car. I resume in DFL with Yves and Jesper a bit behind.

I run out the race and realize I have pace with the leaders! oK maybe R2 will be better.

R2 get a great jump and tap a sleeping Eric Dennis and but jump past LArry Stovall who was a bit late ioff the line too. Glenn, Keoth and Jesper ahead of me now. Maybe they can carve a path and I can ride the draft to mid field? Will is off in the grass and I am trying to run with Glenn. Philip steers hard into Glenn and I am liocked out to avoid the crash and end up off track outside of the fast left sweeper. Not sure why that took place but can only assume Philip did not know he was there and waqs going to the apex very early...........

I chase Eric Dennis and Larry for 2 laps before finally getting thru to P7. It takes several laps and I am finally past Glenn to P6. I try to reel in Yves for P5 with 12 to go. I get the gap from 8.3 down to 1.8 then trash the car coming off the chicane! PUncture a tire and limp home for the final 2 laps in 9th.

Oh well thats the breaks! literally!

Thanks for racing guys!

Why not try the Wednesday event at BRands Hatch? Sign up now!

Guys,Dave,i'v made some laps around Cadwell circuit and i really think that it's too small for a full grid with those mini freaks and for a first race with this mode,i don't think it's the proper track.It's not large,it's quite hard and also the mod deserves a more popular and great track than this.

Who's with me?....this is my opnion,if we all agree maybe we can change,we can also have a vote session,watch'a say? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%