Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

If you are using the keyboard RealFeel commands, it will adjust the real feel values inside the Realfeel config.
So if you press right CTRL+8 (numpad) to reverse FFB it will either add the - or take it away inside the RealFeel config

I have a question about the rfm folder. If im using the custom rFactor ui and I change around the .veh file to categorize the cars to my own liking, do I even need to copy this over? here's how mine is set up now and I kind of want to follow that format. Sorry for the cell phone photo, It wouldn't let me do a screenshot in game for some reason

Hi mate, the short answer is I don't know. Your UI looks pretty sweet as it is. All I can suggest is make a back up of any files before you start changing things that way if it all goes :poop: you can just revert back.

Have a play around and let us know, it's the only way i've learnt cause and effect and also Rupe gave me a heads up on the rfm files.

I'm sure as long as you get your classes how you want them with the right cars then it's right.

The rfm is useful for the standard UI as the mini's and camaro's get stuck with all the mod's. And you can run championships for your mod's, that was my main point in doing it.

Have you read the readme maybe i need to explain it better :)
The RealFeel setting are also here Overview
Maybe go as high as this MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-5000.000000
and work backwards.
You will notice a bit of oscillation when stationary but once your up to speed it will go

im using 900 Deg
Davy is on 540 Deg
Andrew is on about 270 Deg
I have tried values between 2000 and 5000 and that changes nothing to the problem I described. And it's not a bit of oscillation, the wheel goes to either end, left or right. I have 270 degrees turning wheel.

Hi mate, the short answer is I don't know. Your UI looks pretty sweet as it is. All I can suggest is make a back up of any files before you start changing things that way if it all goes :poop: you can just revert back.

Have a play around and let us know, it's the only way i've learnt cause and effect and also Rupe gave me a heads up on the rfm files.

I'm sure as long as you get your classes how you want them with the right cars then it's right.

The rfm is useful for the standard UI as the mini's and camaro's get stuck with all the mod's. And you can run championships for your mod's, that was my main point in doing it.

yah I ended up just changing it to my settings and it works great!

I dont do championships anyway, just single races so it works fine for me. Thanks for these great mods. The BAC mono feels great now. I had the original version coverted but it felt too "easy" to drive. Now it feels perfect. These are some Ultra high quality mods.

I have tried values between 2000 and 5000 and that changes nothing to the problem I described. And it's not a bit of oscillation, the wheel goes to either end, left or right. I have 270 degrees turning wheel.
Reverse the feedback. Go to your realfeel file and add or remove the hyphen on the line
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-3000.000000

or follow the realfeel instructions posted above.

Most of the issues people are having are coming from not reading the readme, please everyone do so before asking for help, thanks. That's what its there for. :thumbsup:

Quick replay so everyone can see how good this mod looks and sounds (phone cam sorry). My driving isnt the greatest but you get the picture..
Looking nice. That's something i need to do is unlock the rest of skins available. The list of things to sort grows by by the day :)

Glad you like the handling, tbh that's my main priority and the reason i got into modding as a lot that I downloaded the feeling was rubbish. The graphics and the rest are not really what i'm interested in. I spent an hour setting up the BAC so it would do it's quoted top speed 170MPH.:geek:

Well trying to set it up using the short cut keys for me is as time consuming as trying to find that perfect setup that shaves seconds or less off your best time. Short version - I was going no where fast.

So I decided to use the settings to the car closest to the Clio and copied over the ones used for the MiniC and voila now we're in the right ball park! Still not perfect ie the Cooper has tighter steering and provides better and clearer FFB especially when going off the track and with curbs.

So for G27 owners here is where I am presently:

[Clio]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1340.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.200000
SmoothingLevel=0
Kf=11500.000000
Ks=7.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=3.000000

Steering Range - 540 degrees
Steering Lock - 20 degrees

Probably going to reduce the range to 450 or so because the Clio steering feels much looser than the Mini - unless the difference between the two is realistic?

It's a starting point anyhow. If other G27er's have found something better - please share.

logitech dfgt
[Clio]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=5500.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.200000
SmoothingLevel=0
Kf=11500.000000
Ks=7.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=3.000000

steering range 450 degrees, lock 23 degrees, ingame ffb -100%
this is driveable for the dfgt but not perfect

Paul, great move.
Reiza itself seems to be broadening the number of cars in the updates to come, so I would suggest to *start* at 30 (leaving everything below that number to Reiza), and then go up.
I've started to use 100 and above for "personal mods". Perhaps reserve some space (i.e., from 100 to 1XX) for those who use personal mods (not released to public) would be a good idea too, because at the actual rate, we may hit 100 mods soon. :)
Cheers.

Reverse the feedback. Go to your realfeel file and add or remove the hyphen on the line
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-3000.000000

or follow the realfeel instructions posted above.

Most of the issues people are having are coming from not reading the readme, please everyone do so before asking for help, thanks. That's what its there for. :thumbsup:
As I already said, feedback IS NOT reversed. It is right way and it causes those things I mentioned.

And I have read readme file, thanks. :)

As I already said, feedback IS NOT reversed. It is right way and it causes those things I mentioned.

And I have read readme file, thanks. :)
Don't worry the readme comment was more a general thing for everyone.

I'm not completely understanding what you mean, so forgive me; are you saying that when you have minus feedback you have the issue and when you set it to positive feedback, you still have the same issue? Also, what wheel do you have?

Don't worry the readme comment was more a general thing for everyone.

I'm not completely understanding what you mean, so forgive me; are you saying that when you have minus feedback you have the issue and when you set it to positive feedback, you still have the same issue? Also, what wheel do you have?
Yes, that is what I'm saying. Force feedback IS NOT reversed, it works right way when I drive the car with speed but when the car is stationary the steering turns to left or right same way as it does when FFB is reversed. Also the FFB kind of really weakens all of a sudden sometimes when driving and turning. Overall FFB feeling is not very strong, except for that rumbling that MaxForceAtSteeringRack value affects. I'd say there's lot that needs to be done to get FFB effects right

Paul Smith submitted a new resource:

Formula 1 Classics - All Formula 1 Classics in the Same Section

This organises the Formula 1 classics I have released into one section.
Just extract to your GSC Installation and overwrite.

Includes Gurney Eagle Weslake, Lotus 49 and Lotus 98T 900Bhp version as standard. The realfeel settings for the Eagle and Lotus 49 are GSC Standard settings. The Lotus 98T includes realfeel readme and the 1200Bhp engine upgrade if your feeling brave, copy and paste into the vehicle folder for the 98T.

Scroll through the menu left or right until you see the section....

Read more about this resource...

Yes, that is what I'm saying. Force feedback IS NOT reversed, it works right way when I drive the car with speed but when the car is stationary the steering turns to left or right same way as it does when FFB is reversed. Also the FFB kind of really weakens all of a sudden sometimes when driving and turning. Overall FFB feeling is not very strong, except for that rumbling that MaxForceAtSteeringRack value affects. I'd say there's lot that needs to be done to get FFB effects right
On the wheels that have been tested, the FFB is pretty good. What wheel do you have please?

Thanks Paul. Allow me for going a bit OP.
Because i've never used non-official content in form of car mods before(pre GSC), i'm wondering just how do the mods(in general) compare to Reiza's/ISI work or to the work of other sim racing studios ?
I mean is this inferior quality-wise and it's all just a bit of fun tinkering with the game's physics engine/numerical values to achieve a somewhat reasonable feel or would you say the modders put in just as much work, are just as capable as Niels or other 'professionals' and are even able to top their work in some cases?
How hard is it really to make a car mod in terms of handling/steering/feel, how does one undertake such a project ?

Thanks

You need a touch of genius which i have been blessed with:)

Only joking the Lotus 49 and Gurney Eagle were pretty great out the box I just needed to enable realfeel in GSC.

The Lotus 98T was a different story. The original engine in the mod did not have the correct power or power/torque curves luckily I have an old book from the 80's i could use a reference. The handling was way too benign the brakes too good and the gear shifts to fast amongst other things so I adjusted all those.

There was no real feel so i had to implement that. The list goes on.

Graphics are not really my thing luckily a guy named Hex contacted me and let me use some skins, helmets that he had done for rfactor. Thanks again Hex.

A lot of rfactor conversions to GSC are shoddy mainly due to my main issue the steering.

I have written some guides if you fancy a go. reafeel guide.

Some of the rfactor mods are amazing pieces of work, they just need a little help when converted to GSC.

Basically i'm a noob who loves tinkering, has OCD tendencies and loves cars.

Let me know what you think of the 98T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years