Clio Cup 2013

Cars Clio Cup 2013 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Thrustmaster and Logitech settings in FFB are normally inverted from one another under normal circumstances. That's what I have seen most often.
That's correct, TM use positive and Logitech use negative values all around. Games either let you set negative FFB force or give you an option to invert FFB to correct that.

Copying over relevant info from the Clio club race thread:

"Some data from the RealFeel console. Based on this, the maximum force generated by the car is over 5000 (quick test on Kansai East). For proper distribution of the forces, MaxForceAtSteeringRack should be around -4500 to -5000 to match the settings of Reiza cars (up to 20% to 30% max clipping).

SteeringArmForce (Raw): 5228
SteeringArmForce (After smoothing and damping): 5170

Further testing on Cascavel shows even bigger numbers. If we use these, ideal MaxForceAtSteeringRack is around -6300 to -6900 with mild clipping. So actually my empirically found -6750 is in the proper ballpark with approximately 10% of clipping.

SteeringArmForce (Raw): 7525
SteeringArmForce (After smoothing and damping): 7389

For comparison, the original -2500 value in 1.5 means 300% FFB output signal at that peak I registered (Cascavel turn 1), and over 200% in Kansai East (turn 2)."

Copying over relevant info from the Clio club race thread:

"Some data from the RealFeel console. Based on this, the maximum force generated by the car is over 5000 (quick test on Kansai East). For proper distribution of the forces, MaxForceAtSteeringRack should be around -4500 to -5000 to match the settings of Reiza cars (up to 20% to 30% max clipping).

SteeringArmForce (Raw): 5228
SteeringArmForce (After smoothing and damping): 5170

Further testing on Cascavel shows even bigger numbers. If we use these, ideal MaxForceAtSteeringRack is around -6300 to -6900 with mild clipping. So actually my empirically found -6750 is in the proper ballpark with approximately 10% of clipping.

SteeringArmForce (Raw): 7525
SteeringArmForce (After smoothing and damping): 7389

For comparison, the original -2500 value in 1.5 means 300% FFB output signal at that peak I registered (Cascavel turn 1), and over 200% in Kansai East (turn 2)."

This is to difficult for me.
I am not very good with physics.

When somebody else can make a update for it be my quest.

This is to difficult for me.
I am not very good with physics.

When somebody else can make a update for it be my quest.
The RealFeel plugin has a console and logging function where it shows the calculated forces on the steering arm. These are the actual forces that are happening, and with the MaxForceAtSteeringRack you can define what value you'll consider 100% FFB. In Clio 1.5 this MaxForce value is -2500, which is 1/3 of the actual forces appearing behind the wheel. Due to this, 66% of the force range is lost in clipping, 33% force maxes out to 100% FFB.

To fix this, you have to set MaxForceAtSteeringRack for Clio to between -6300 (20% clipping max) and -6800 (10% clipping max). I wouldn't advise any lower than -6300 though, as standard cornering forces easily reach 6000 and there wouldn't be any room left for bumps, kerbs, etc.

What you have to do is make the default RealFeel values for the Clio like this:

Code:
[Clio]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-6300.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

If you want to make people's life easier, you could add options in the car config (showroom -> install) with different values, if that's even possible. Might be an rFactor2 feature only with the FFB multiplier, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

-5800 (30% clipping max, stronger FFB feel, less detail)
-6300 (20% clipping max, standard FFB feel, normal detail)
-6800 (10% clipping max, lighter FFB feel, more detail)

For more road feel and wheel weight the FFB Low Force Boost option can be adjusted in-game to everyone's liking.

I never did modding, but tend to be good at troubleshooting stuff. If you need a hand, I'm happy to help with whatever I can. ;)

P.S.: I couldn't figure out yet if you can adjust RealFeel values from within the mod. But if you add the above realfeel.ini segment to the description with the alternate options listed, people can set them accordingly.

Last edited:
Another solution that works very well is to reduce the caster value to 5 or 6 in the garage setup or to change the default values in the hdv file in the [SUSPENSION] section. You can replace the last 4 lines of this section by those ones :
LeftCasterRange=( 6 , 1 , 1 )
LeftCasterSetting=0
RightCasterRange=( 6 , 1 , 1 )
RightCasterSetting=0
Hope that helps...

Another solution that works very well is to reduce the caster value to 5 or 6 in the garage setup or to change the default values in the hdv file in the [SUSPENSION] section. You can replace the last 4 lines of this section by those ones :
LeftCasterRange=( 6 , 1 , 1 )
LeftCasterSetting=0
RightCasterRange=( 6 , 1 , 1 )
RightCasterSetting=0
Hope that helps...
That would probably alter the suspension physics of the car and still wouldn't reduce the actual forces to stay near 2500. But it does closely connect to the measure of calculated forces.

Can you put all the cockpit shadows turned back on in your next update too please :) . If people don't want them all the ydo is set shadows to high not max to gain FPS (if needed)

Franklin Stegink updated Clio Cup 2013 with a new update entry:

Clio Cup 2013 v1.6

View attachment 174487

Here is version 1.6 of the Clio Cup for Automobilista.

What has changed since version 1.5:

* Add backfire at the Clio.
* Reworked some parts of the car.
* Add Nissan 370z Safetycar.
* Reworked gen files.
* Totally new physics included good working FFB.

Instructions before installing this version 1.6.

Delete all older versions of the mod by:

1. Delete from the folder Series:

Clio_2013.srs
Clio_2013.tga
RD Clio CUP.srs
RD Clio CUP.tga...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I get errors every time I try to load the car, and the FFB is now completely reversed.

uc

uc

I have the same issue. i get the same error but it wont even load the car track combo. hope this can get fixed. v1.5 worked great though.
If I Alt-Tab and clear the error message, the game continues to load. However, I'm then magically floating around the track with no cockpit. :O_o:

Hey Ross, what wheel and in-game settings do you use? And what's in your realfeel.ini for the [Clio]?
I use a G27 which works fine for every other car/mod in the game without any messing about whatsoever. I cleared every trace of this mod out of my game, including the RealFeel entries. However, I see that on installing and running v1.6, it has entered values in RealFeelPlugin.ini which are contrary to those posted in the update description. I'm not a modder so I don't understand... why do we manually need to enter these values when every other mod adds the correct values automatically? This is sure to cause confusion and constant questions in this thread.

Edit: The car has no exterior model either. Appears as a low poly white test car.

Last edited:
If I Alt-Tab and clear the error message, the game continues to load. However, I'm then magically floating around the track with no cockpit. :O_o:

I use a G27 which works fine for every other car/mod in the game without any messing about whatsoever. I cleared every trace of this mod out of my game, including the RealFeel entries. However, I see that on installing and running v1.6, it has entered values in RealFeelPlugin.ini which are contrary to those posted in the update description. I'm not a modder so I don't understand... why do we manually need to enter these values when every other mod adds the correct values automatically? This is sure to cause confusion and constant questions in this thread.
RealFeel generates a standard entry for every car that doesn't have an entry yet. This is negative by default, something like -2500 (at work now, can't check the exact value). It represents the direction and the amount of force that will be taken as +100%, but due to the suspension geometry of this FWD car, it actually has to be a positive value to give the correct feedback. This is not unique to the Clio, the same is the case with the Reiza Mini for example.

The reasons why you might not have to mess with similar settings for other cars can be...
...Reiza cars already have custom tuned RealFeel values, positive and negative as well, ranging from a few hundreds MaxForce up to 16k (Trucks)
...physics are made to match the generic negative RealFeel value
...RWD cars have a bigger tendency to need negative values by default
...FFB is clipping, but you don't notice it during normal circumstances
...there's some magical, undocumented way to define what value should RealFeel add to the .ini file for new cars

Please try to follow the instructions in the mod description, if you still have inverted FFB after inserting the proper RealFeel value, then there's something we missed with Franklin during testing.

P.S.: I only helped testing and fine-tuning FFB for this new version, so I can't really comment on other issues.

Though I followed the instructions (deleting all old files), I see now two Clio 2013 icons in the UI.
One with the "old" liveries and the new safety car, and one with the "new" liveries and the new safety car.
I also have the Clio 2016 with the new safety car.
But while the 2016 mod is OK, whichever 2013 I try to use I get this:

temp_car.JPG

:confused:
Liveries and previews in the showroom work OK...
I did the whole deleting/reinstalling twice, did not help...

I see now two Clio 2013 icons in the UI.
One with the "old" liveries and the new safety car, and one with the "new" liveries and the new safety car.
There always were two icons, one standard and one RaceDepartment badged. They are set up as separate series within the game. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back