Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Marius117 submitted a new resource:

DTM - Racing League SA - This is the simsyncpro.exe needed for all Racing League SA mods

Our League is hosting a friendly DTM championship - drivers that are slower by 1 second receive a weigh reduction assist, so the racing is much closer. We have an AI driver for each human driver... which some people might not like... but it is just for the DTMs. All drivers have their own vehicle with a custom livery.

Each race is 10 - 15 laps depending on the length - and it is followed by a second race which is a reverse grid of the first. So overtaking is crucial. There's a lot of...

Read more about this resource...

Yup, i also think it's a great improvement. I always felt like the physics was in much need of improvement for the mod to be considered worthwhile. That was also the main reason i hadn't touched it in months.
Now the dynamics is more like a real car. I think the handling is much more authentic and closer to the real thing now.

Well done, Weijie. :thumbsup:

Anyone else finding the AI a bit wrong on this track?

For me it seems like the AI navigates the chicanes horribly in comparison to the stadium section, at least with the FV12. I can outpace the AI by several seconds in the first two sectors but I'm at least 2 seconds slower than the AI in the stadium section. It makes for a very erratic pace to race against, constantly being backed up in the chicanes and then impossibly outpaced in the stadium.

OK, so far, I've sped up the AI through the first chicane by about a second, and through the second chicane by 1.4 seconds.
But there's something else to bear in mind with this track. You are right about the chicanes - the AI were ok in the original rFactor version, because the chicanes were flatter, but in the GSC version they hit the kerbs or stay in the centre, both of which slows them down.
But also, this track is unique because of it's long straights. If you alter your setup so that you can do 200mph, remember the AI are not able to do this automatically, so you will always be quicker in sectors 1 and 2.

There are two solutions:
1) run with default setup - this will keep your car about the same as theirs on the straights.
or
2) get the AI to run with a lower downforce setup as well, so that they can also run similar speeds to you.

I might get some more improvement, but I'll post the AIW when I've finished it. May be a day or two yet :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 207 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years