• 26000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

Resource icon

Cars Clio Cup 2013 New Physics 2015-05-12

Weijie Zhang

10RPM
Nov 8, 2014
Weijie Zhang submitted a new resource:

Clio Cup 2013 New Physics

This is an updated version of physics for RD Clio Cup 2013 (The original mod need to be installed first and is available here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/clio-cup-2013.2556/)
The new physics is based on data from the rF2 Clio Cup mod and the user manual from Renault, mainly improved in the following areas:
- Engine
- CoG, weight and moment of inertia
- Suspension geometry (Front - Mcpherson; Rear - torsion beam)
- Spring and damper rates

Hopefully this brings you better realism and more fun!
Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan Mikuž

JustRight

1RPM
Apr 14, 2015
I personally have found this to be a great improvement on the Clio Cup.

Previously I could never get a good feeling with the steering and FFB, but with your changes the cars feel great and drive well. Although the brakes seem a little weak.

Many Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Weijie Zhang
Apr 29, 2008
Thank you :)

I like the versions you did better than the original one.

I have added on my side a new tire model. If you are interested, just PM me ;-)

Jan Mikuž

1000RPM
Nov 21, 2013
Yup, i also think it's a great improvement. I always felt like the physics was in much need of improvement for the mod to be considered worthwhile. That was also the main reason i hadn't touched it in months.
Now the dynamics is more like a real car. I think the handling is much more authentic and closer to the real thing now.

Well done, Weijie. :thumbsup:

Danny Walker

0l' stone
Sep 22, 2011
I wonder IF I can get some Instructions on How to Install (or What is the correct file Path) to put in this Mod? I'm having trouble with GSCE on these Modding updates:confused::( Sorry, to bother you But, I Love these little Clio Cup cars and would really like to try this mod out for them:thumbsup:

Nox

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 29, 2013
I wonder IF I can get some Instructions on How to Install (or What is the correct file Path) to put in this Mod? I'm having trouble with GSCE on these Modding updates:confused::( Sorry, to bother you But, I Love these little Clio Cup cars and would really like to try this mod out for them:thumbsup:
You just extract the GameData folder into your main GSCE install directory, and let them merge/overwrite. Then open the realfeel file in a text editor, copy the entry, and paste it to the bottom of your own realfeelplugin.ini file (also located in your main install directory), save, and bob's your uncle.
(Don't forget you need the original mod first: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/clio-cup-2013.2556/)

Reactions: Danny Walker

Danny Walker

0l' stone
Sep 22, 2011
You just extract the GameData folder into your main GSCE install directory, and let them merge/overwrite. Then open the realfeel file in a text editor, copy the entry, and paste it to the bottom of your own realfeelplugin.ini file (also located in your main install directory), save, and bob's your uncle.
(Don't forget you need the original mod first: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/clio-cup-2013.2556/)
OK Nox, Thanks a bunch for the answer (and Quick I might add) he-he. I'll try this and see if I can do it. Thanks again.

Reactions: Nox

Danny Walker

0l' stone
Sep 22, 2011
OK Nox, Thanks a bunch for the answer (and Quick I might add) he-he. I'll try this and see if I can do it. Thanks again.
OK. Nox. I got it done and Thank You for the info. I wrote your info you gave me down and Saved it for the future. Thanks so much again. This Mod did really change the characteristic's of this little car A Lot. I've got to re-learn it now.

Reactions: Nox

Jan Mikuž

1000RPM
Nov 21, 2013
Like Nox instructed:

open the realfeel file in a text editor, copy the entry, and paste it to the bottom of your own realfeelplugin.ini file (also located in your main install directory), then save and you are done.

What is your favorite social network?

• Twitter

Votes: 74 30.2%
  • Instagram

Votes: 95 38.8%
  • Facebook

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 58 23.7%