Jon c submitted a new resource:

CLIO CUP 2013 by EddySpain conversion by Vita4One & Merlin - CLIO CUP 2013

CLIO CUP 2013 by EddySpain conversion by Vita4One & Merlin
View attachment 266489
View attachment 266491
View attachment 266490
CREDITS :
Original Clio Cup 2013 created by eddy3spain for rFactor :
Car model, textures, templates and conversion : eddy3spain (from E3S Modding)
Physics : Crazivant (from WMT Racing)
Beta sounds : Iketani
GTR2 Conversion and new physics / updates by MasterBlaster Modding Team :
Merlin & Vita4One aka. germanStig...

Read more about this resource...

My question/problem is very specific and appears to be strictly related to the Clio at one track & one corner. I tried to find a thread in the forum but couldn't, so I'll ask if you have seen this issue.
On the Estoril track (HD & original version), a large number of AI Clio's flip at the really tight 'Gancho' curves. while most of them get on two wheels as they hit the curb.
I have tried races at this track with other models/makes of cars, including similar size cars (VXR, Yaris, Civic), but this Clio seems to be the only one that flips. The flipped cars eventually block the track after a few laps as the game leaves stranded cars on track . Any Idea what would cause this?
BTW, the car is a blast to drive. Thanks for making it.
Cheers
Wayne

I think there are a couple of tracks they do this on. no idea why, they seem to like to just cock the back wheel up on most tracks.

My question/problem is very specific and appears to be strictly related to the Clio at one track & one corner. I tried to find a thread in the forum but couldn't, so I'll ask if you have seen this issue.
On the Estoril track (HD & original version), a large number of AI Clio's flip at the really tight 'Gancho' curves. while most of them get on two wheels as they hit the curb.
I have tried races at this track with other models/makes of cars, including similar size cars (VXR, Yaris, Civic), but this Clio seems to be the only one that flips. The flipped cars eventually block the track after a few laps as the game leaves stranded cars on track . Any Idea what would cause this?
BTW, the car is a blast to drive. Thanks for making it.
Cheers
Wayne
Open HDC file with notepad and find AITORQUESTAB in the first lines and set :
AITorqueStab=(1.65,1.65,1.65)
with those values cars should not slip anymore ;)

The AITorqueStab value has nothing to do with the cars flipping over. It's all on the base Suspension values in the CLIO13.HDC file and what settings you have tweaked in the garage.

Without editing the base Suspension values (or changing the values to those of the other similar car size mods you have) just adjust the CGHeight value in the CLIO13.HDC file. It's default is 0.368 so try something lower like 0.252. It's just a quick and dirty fix so that the AI cars don't flip over as often while still using the physics settings the original mod creators have set.

My bad Zipdrive, I confused the two words spin and flip as it could be translated by the same word in my language ; of course you're right my friend ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back