FM4 Clio Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Clio.png

I have worked out most the details for the Clio Championship, see below.
I also need some info from anyone interested in signing up, see below.

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Assists: To be announced
Upgrades: Banned
Setup: Allowed

Tracks (11)
Sebring International Raceway - Club (1.70 Mi)
Mugello – Club (1.79 Mi)
Sedona Raceway Park – Club (2.02 Mi)
Silverstone - International (2.25 Mi)
Indianapolis - The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)
Bernese Alps – Club (2.52 Mi)
Road Atlanta - Full (2.54 Mi)
Suzuka - West (2.15 Mi)
Twin RIng Motegi - East (1.88 Mi)
Circuit de Catalunya - National (1.85 Mi)
Laguna Seca (2.24 Mi)

Info
  • There will be 1 test event before the Championship starts, points will not be counted for this event.
  • Each race event will be 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random I think).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2 I have no control over that.
  • Events should be no longer than 50 minutes for both heats.
  • I will set the timeout to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Events will be once every 2 weeks and start at 8.30pm UK time.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
Info I need from people interested in signing up
Do you want to allow all assists, or just set ones, if so what ones?
Driving/braking line will be turned on as I use it.

How do you want to handle connection issues?
I am thinking allow 10 minutes for connection issues, so that is 1 hour in total, but I would like to hear your ideas. I will open the lobby 10 / 15 minutes before the event starts.

2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1
Fastest lap 1

Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback or questions please post them, I would like to hear them :D.

Signed up
clio_signups.png

Reserved Numbers
Dylan Hember - 7
Derek McCord - 14
Andrew Skinner - 22

Race Calendar
clio_calendar.png

What sort of times are people setting around Sebring Club? Be handy to know how much slower I am!
Ash,

I think I'm low 1:22.**** after a few laps, but haven't tinkered with the setup in anyway (as stock as it comes) and I'm still coming to terms manual gear changing with the controller, lol. Number of times I hit the wrong shoulder button and pick 5th instead of 3rd, lol.

:cool:

Ash,

I think I'm low 1:22.**** after a few laps, but haven't tinkered with the setup in anyway (as stock as it comes) and I'm still coming to terms manual gear changing with the controller, lol. Number of times I hit the wrong shoulder button and pick 5th instead of 3rd, lol.

Hi,

Not been into the setups much on this game. Do you have full control over set ups even though upgrades are banned?

From the old days, and playing too much GT5, I was under the impression that you couldn't change anything on the set up unless you bought fully adj. suspension, aero parts and/or gearbox upgrades.

Is this not the case?

Will let you know in a short while. Haven't done any testing yet!

EDIT: First valid lap = 1:19.251 with both tyre pressures at 29.0psi

Hi,

Not been into the setups much on this game. Do you have full control over set ups even though upgrades are banned?

From the old days, and playing too much GT5, I was under the impression that you couldn't change anything on the set up unless you bought fully adj. suspension, aero parts and/or gearbox upgrades.

Is this not the case?
Alex,

Not sure squire, I'm not much of a setup guru anyway, lol. But I was just going on Dan's post regards his PSI for the tyres, which I presumed he had altered from the default setting.

Also Gary has stated in the league rules that whilst upgrades are banned, setups are allowed, so I guess there must be some scope for fiddling under the bonnet so to speak, even on the stock vehicle.

Now if only I can smuggle that nitrous bottle past the scrutineers, lol.

Oh right, ok. Well I guess it's cool to have really basic set up as the first port of call.

I have a vague idea about set ups but to be honest it's failry limited, (hard/soft suspension depending on type of circuit and weather, really basic gear ratios based on number/length of straights/corners), so I think to get started with only being able to tweak tyre pressure is probably a good place to start for us rookies sticking a toe in the set ups world.

Maybe, if this is a fun series, we can all upgrade at the same pace after each season, i.e. Adj suspension, air filters, body rigidity, weight reduction etc. and learn more about setups on the way up through the upgrade process.
Could almost be a side game in itself as we could use the tracks that we're racing on next as benchmarks testing our new set ups and upgrades.

Oh right, ok. Well I guess it's cool to have really basic set up as the first port of call.

I have a vague idea about set ups but to be honest it's failry limited, (hard/soft suspension depending on type of circuit and weather, really basic gear ratios based on number/length of straights/corners), so I think to get started with only being able to tweak tyre pressure is probably a good place to start for us rookies sticking a toe in the set ups world.

Maybe, if this is a fun series, we can all upgrade at the same pace after each season, i.e. Adj suspension, air filters, body rigidity, weight reduction etc. and learn more about setups on the way up through the upgrade process.
Could almost be a side game in itself as we could use the tracks that we're racing on next as benchmarks testing our new set ups and upgrades.

Like this idea a lot!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing