FM4 Clio Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Clio.png

I have worked out most the details for the Clio Championship, see below.
I also need some info from anyone interested in signing up, see below.

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Assists: To be announced
Upgrades: Banned
Setup: Allowed

Tracks (11)
Sebring International Raceway - Club (1.70 Mi)
Mugello – Club (1.79 Mi)
Sedona Raceway Park – Club (2.02 Mi)
Silverstone - International (2.25 Mi)
Indianapolis - The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)
Bernese Alps – Club (2.52 Mi)
Road Atlanta - Full (2.54 Mi)
Suzuka - West (2.15 Mi)
Twin RIng Motegi - East (1.88 Mi)
Circuit de Catalunya - National (1.85 Mi)
Laguna Seca (2.24 Mi)

Info
  • There will be 1 test event before the Championship starts, points will not be counted for this event.
  • Each race event will be 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random I think).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2 I have no control over that.
  • Events should be no longer than 50 minutes for both heats.
  • I will set the timeout to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Events will be once every 2 weeks and start at 8.30pm UK time.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
Info I need from people interested in signing up
Do you want to allow all assists, or just set ones, if so what ones?
Driving/braking line will be turned on as I use it.

How do you want to handle connection issues?
I am thinking allow 10 minutes for connection issues, so that is 1 hour in total, but I would like to hear your ideas. I will open the lobby 10 / 15 minutes before the event starts.

2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1
Fastest lap 1

Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback or questions please post them, I would like to hear them :D.

Signed up
clio_signups.png

Reserved Numbers
Dylan Hember - 7
Derek McCord - 14
Andrew Skinner - 22

Race Calendar
clio_calendar.png

What does everyone think to this as the Calendar.
I change the days around for 2010 to miss, 14th February Valentine's Day.

Date/Month
Day
Track
Heats/Laps
Start Time
15th NovemberTuesdaySebring International Raceway Club (1.70 Mi) (Test Event)2 Heats, 10 laps each
8.30pm (UK Time)
2nd DecemberFridayMugello Club (1.79 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)
13th DecemberTuesdaySedona Raceway Park Club (2.02 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)
3rd JanuaryTuesdaySilverstone International (2.25 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)
20th JanuaryFridayIndianapolis The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)
31st JanuaryTuesdayBernese Alps Club (2.52 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)
17th FebruaryFridayRoad Atlanta Full (2.54 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)
28th FebruaryTuesdaySuzuka West (2.15 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)
16th MarchFridayTwin Ring Motegi East (1.88 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)
27th MarchTuesdayCircuit de Catalunya National (1.85 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)
13th AprilFridayLaguna Seca (2.24 Mi)2 Heats, 10 laps each8.30pm (UK Time)

Brilliant Gary, i will be going with Number 72 and colour will be white,grey and a very manly Pink! lol

on another question, how do you change the gears? i've no idea how to it! i will give it a go if i knew what to do, especially as i've heard about button combinations??

looks good, i cant do test session on 15th though im on nights 14th/15th then on hol till 2nd dec, should b ok for that, think we land am. good work. Bought my clio today, done paint job in a fashion! colours are white and red, pls bare me in mind for no 69 if guy from fm3 doesnt join, thx.

Garry, is it worth putting a sign up list on the first page? Just so we ca keep a track of what colours and numbers people are using.
Done on the first post, I have also listed reserved numbers.
Will get the signup post done by the end of the weekend hopefully.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do my car, or at least know what colours I want.

i meant which button are they assigned to.. but il have a look on there. cheers Dan
In your profile, go to options and then select the controller.

There are 13 different button configurations available, if memory serves.

I think I'm currently running with Config 6 (using L1/R1 buttons to change gear and L2/R2 for brake/accelerate) and the right thumb-stick is used to look left/right/behind as required.

What does everyone thing about full damage being on?
I don't mind as long as we don't have races destroyed because of it - GT5 races had damage on and with slightest touch tyres/wheels became useless - could not drive with a controller = race over, those with a steering wheel manage to carry on and so had an advantage in this respect.
I think we can assume that everyone here will race cleanly, so you you could have it on and allow race incidents to take their part in deciding outcomes. As a compromise set it at limited?

Number 6 is taken, please see the first page for taken numbers.

#66 then. :)

What does everyone thing about full damage being on?

The damage on is a must, or we'll be back to 1990 Need4Speed hit barriers and carry on.
No fun driving without damage, I have to drive carefully inside my limits, if not, I overdrived and I have to pay for it (one go to pits to repairs). If we want the more possible immersion let's don't play too much arcade then. Damage on please.

Btw, the damage on Forza4 is far better than GT5 in all ways. I have tested it several times and it works very well.
First of all it is scaled. You have to hit several times and hard to get an undrivable car. We have the damage with stages,
As I said, I tested it and it is well done. It passes for colour changes concerning the damage level.
Had one race that I over rev all the way and downshifted from 6th to 1st at 150K/h and it was brilliant the step by step
damage and behavior of the gear box, just brilliant.

Or maybe we could run full damage in the test event (15th Nov), as no points will be awarded for it, then decide?
I will see if I can test it sometime this week, with some AI.

Let me know what you think about the damage, should it be: Limited or Simulation, or should we try full damage (Simulation) in the test event?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back