Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

My track folder is uspit. Will re-download and place it in its own folder. I have another ? For you, can I place tracks in a group folder. Eg: all V8 Supercars tracks in a one folder called "V8 Supercars"

A couple of impressions, since I've seen the track is scheduled for a club race and I've done some testing in the formulas :

Reiza appears to work the best here in terms of grip. It's probably excessive even, since the grip seems alien-like at times. FEx and CART are abysmal, understeering heavily, cornering speed greatly reduced, brakes feel underpowered. These two feel broken here. V12 better, but still so-so, it's ca. 10s slower than Reiza in my exp. F3 also understeers more than usual and is more slippery than normal (especially off throttle mid corner).

I think the track would probably need to have the grip revised or optimized to be compatible with different cars. @Patrick Giranthon ;)

EDIT:
Sorry, just noticed Rupe says there's another update I need to install. Didn't have this installed while testing. Don't know if the update has any effect on the grip ?

A tiny detail: "Length" is spelt wrong on all the CART tracks on the loading screen ;)

Absolutely fantastic to have this track in the game, many thanks :thumbsup: I remember getting lost around here in IndyCar Racing 2 back in the day!

First impression is that the AI may be a little slower around here compared with your other tracks, early days though and I may be wrong.

Thanks again for all you hard work getting this mod and it's tracks across, it's brilliant!

Thanks for this one Patrick! I just hope it's not that version of (rFactor) Cleveleand that had some big FPS isuess. I, although have decent pc, had to delete regular version and use FPS (friendly) version, cause the regular was give me big stuttering.
Cleveland track is great for racing and... have a cuch a nice layout which you must love. After you spend 184 laps on it. :)
I did not see any fps issue during my tests , at 5760x1200
That's good to hear.
Now, by looking inside of the files I saw that this is the 1995 version and the one that has some big FPS isuess was 2006. They even made one, "light", fps friendly version.
I was driving on this track in GSCE, thanks to rFactor to GSCE converter tool and the one I liked better was actually 2006 version (but the "light" one, of course:)) but I'll try yours and decide which one is better.
I just hope you didn't add too many grass, cause, based from my experience, that cause some stuttering. On my machine at least. :)
Btw... here's
both of the originals:
https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Cleveland%201995

2006 https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Cleveland%202006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%