Cleaning up the downloads database. Should Racer stay?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hey guys,

Some months back I've created a download database for Racer files (cars, tracks, misc). So far the database is not really been used apart from tuturials etc..

I am currently cleaning up the database and wondered if the database should stay in place. If not please let me know.

I have most of the files on Alge, I'll dl the ones I don't have and then post an article here. No need for a database if noone uses it. But it is a good idea to keep the files available somewhere. So.. yeah.. I'll do..

Hiya, I didn't know that was there, and i got some cars... :)
If I had known, I would have put my cars and trucks on there for everyone to enjoy. Since my cars and trucks are out of date......;( it don't matter what you do.

Majority of the Racer community seems that way lol.

Personaly, I think you should leave it there as from memory, I don't recall there being any Racer sites with tutorials like that. I think it's best to have it, plus it means when sharing files we can just say.. "You can find it in the downloads section".

Thanks, KS95.

I used it, cause it's a lot better than rapidshare :p

I don't think there's a need for it though, for cars/tracks at least, as Ruud has set up an external source of Racer content at www.racerdownloads.com which I think is the preferred place to put up to date content. The tutorials are useful though.

Ah now that is useful info ;) I didn't know that site was from Ruud. Good then all the content is safe with the creator himself.

Then i am going to delete the database here at RD and free up some disc space. If you need to secure any tutorials please download them a.s.a.p :)

Please keep the tutorial section as I have been using it as my website is maxed out with stuff.

Perhaps a better way to free up disc space would be to delete the posted picture thread items older than a month as I doubt anyone looks at anything older than a week or two.

The post picture threads is great. Check it daily but indeed it would be better that people didnt upload their pictures as attachment but just embed them via an external site.

I have decided to let the racer section in tact so please continue to upload finished projects here (no wips please) :)

it would be better that people didnt upload their pictures as attachment but just embed them via an external site.

I guess I was using the attachments because they seem to get better thumbnails.
Eg. I upload this image on imageshack:
screenshot003ik.jpg

^ using plain image tags. Doesn't seem to be any way to have the click-to-see-fullsize.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
^ Imageshack forum thumbnail.

Originally the images are linking to the fullsize version, but RD was replacing thumbnail links for some reason. Seems to work ok now so I guess I'll use external sites.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back