Clean reinstall to remove unwated mods

I've asked a similar question on the AC forum

Over the last few years as AMS has evolved on my PC I have introduced some issues that I am unable to cure;

However there are a number of good mods that I want to keep, some cars, and the add on tracks.

So how can I keep what I want, and do a clean install of AMS without having to note down all the mods and tracks and re-download / install them? I want a particular shader patch gone, so don't want to try and recover the current installation, and of course I would like to keep user settings in a way that the good parts can be re-applied, with lap times etc.

So, is there a guide to how to do this? By the way, it is a Steam based install

Cheers

Les

Don't think so - I think your options are either to re-install all the downloaded zip files you have on to a fresh AMS install (as you know). Or create an empty AMS folder structure and identify the the tracks/car in the folders of the cars/tracks (vehicles/talent/sound/locations/series and some other odd file) you want to keep from you about to be deleted AMS install - and dump them in the AMS folder structure you created and then copy and paste over to your new fresh AMS install. To be sure of no probs you probably better off doing the former tbh...

Last edited:
always use ovgme.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back