Classic tracks you're "supposed" to like....but don't

Any classic/famous track that you can't stand to race on? Tracks you are "supposed" to like because they're "famous" but just don't like?

1. Monza: Sick and tired of it. Yeah I know...."the history".....blah blah blah. Can't stand it :biggrin:

2. Brands Hatch: Hate it! :biggrin:

3. Curitiba: Don't know how "historic" it is, but I really really don't like this track. Bulldoze it! :eek:

You guys have any?

Curitiba and Brands Hatch i can't round those tracks either :( Pau and Porto are not really classic. But classic examples for tracks that are not suitable to simulate in a game :)

I like Monza, but hate the too-tight cutting rule, so I DL'd Brianza at weissbierbude.de. Relaxed cutting rule and it's much nicer looking. Plus it has Brianza 10k in the package, the Monza with the banked oval. Wild stuff. Ever wonder what that bridge is that you go under between the second Lesmos and the Ascari chicane? That's the first banked turn!

I used to like Brands Hatch - those shadows made it look so realistic. The off-camber corners made it real challenging. But I soured of it when I read of people doing 1:14s (I can only do 1:18s - yes, in PRO mode!), but then I saw some doing it: they go way off between the Paddock Hill and Druid corners just to keep up speed. Getting all four tires off, deliberately, is a no-no, but they count it anyway.

I like the old Spa (2003), with the real bus stop chicane. The 04 version just turns it into another corner. It has no cache.

Istanbul I really don't like, but I can't explain why. I really don't know.

To be honest, I don't much like the Simbin selection of tracks. I know, it's based on the WTCC series, etc., but I don't race those cars. I run IFM's and F3000's, a little MCCS and SR4 Rads. I stick with DL tracks: Sachsenring 67, Rattlesnake Point, Mid-Ohio, Le Mans, etc.

i tend to like the tracks that others dislike ie, my favorite track is Macau.

my biggest grip is the stupid cutting rules in game that ruin the enjoyment you can get from Monza, Imola ect (but thats the subject for another thread)

I think i have done thousands laps on Brands Hatch but I simply cannot drive consistent there. My laptimes are not stable and my PB is not improving since the first RACE game came out in 2006.

In the past Gareth and Atti made some nice trackguide videos. Would love to see one how to drive Brands Hatch properly as i love the track in real life.

Time for a "bitter pill"!
First, I have to agree with Eric, street circuits are not "road races", in my opinion.

Second, minutes ago I got to drive a track that years ago I rode on about a dozen times a year. We ran on it so many times we even ran the course backwards to break the monotony[we did also race on other tracks during the year]. That 1.6 mile long[2.24km], ten turn track, driven in a WTCC car instead of a GP bike really resembles an STCC track and it makes me feel like I shouldn't have put them down so quickly.

It brings up another point, have you ever driven a track that you love, so much that you "hate" it? LOL!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%