AC Classic Mini Monday @ Road Atlanta Short Course - Monday 8th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Monday 8st March we're back in the U.S.A. at Road Atlanta, in the Austin mini FIA spec and you are invited to join!

503298.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details

Further Event details on Simracing.gp

Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Useful links
  1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Practice and race server password: click here

Entry List:

1. Interslice
  2. HF2000
  3. G. Kopal
  4. maxilogan
  5. @GeekyDeaks
  6. Simon T.
  7. @beginer
  8. @Kek700
  9. ...
  10. ...
  11. ...
  12. 50 grid slots!
See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Thanks a lot for hosting @Interslice!

I'm in, even though this means I won't be in the GT3 event on Sunday evening (2 in a row has a very low WAF..). I'll join the event of the MX5 tomorrow, however, then be back to the GT3s later on. Regional government just decided to apply stricter rules for the following 2 and a half weeks, so there will be plenty of time :(

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for hosting @Interslice!

I'm in, even though this means I won't be in the GT3 event on Sunday evening (2 in a row has a very low WAF..). I'll join the event of the MX5 tomorrow, however, then be back to the GT3s later on. Regional government just decided to apply stricter rules for the following 2 and a half weeks, so there will be plenty of time :(

Good stuff omar! When it rains, it pours!!

Nice one chris. I have only recently started driving a few FWD cars. I think the primera a few weeks ago was the first. It has helped me get a better feel for the usual rwd.
thats interesting. I haven't driven FWD since i started career mode in AC. But that was a few months ago. I wonder how different its going to feel. Im gonna try to get a little practice in over the next few days. Thx again for hosting!

@HF2000 I saw you were practicing yesterday night. I tried to see how I cope with FWD cars but despite I drive one every day (not like being on track, of course :rolleyes: ) I found it very difficult to get the most out of it. Pretty funny car, however, even in its classic iteration (my daily driver's a MINI Cooper D).

Did you find the straight cut gearbox noise as unbareable as I did? :O_o: you can't hear the motor RPM, God bless Sidekick!

Hi @maxilogan ,
You were already quite fast, I noticed :thumbsup: .
I struggle with FWD most of the time. For me it's difficult to judge if the front wheels have enough grip.
If yes understeer can be solved by more throttle, which is faster of course. Extremely important in the first and the last turn.
About the noise, well I didn't pay attention to it yet. I was busy with getting the gears and tyres right. Next time I will.

Hi @maxilogan ,
You were already quite fast, I noticed :thumbsup: .

Thanks :redface: Yesterday I was trying to get to know the track. In the end I managed to be quite close to you but consistency was definitely poor.

I struggle with FWD most of the time. For me it's difficult to judge if the front wheels have enough grip.
If yes understeer can be solved by more throttle, which is faster of course. Extremely important in the first and the last turn.

T1 for me is ok, the sections I struggle most with, are T2 to the esses (you really must find a rhythm in there and if not, you lose a real lot of time!) and T10 A and B. Last turn as well, the risk is to end up in the grass if understeer is involved. I'll practice again in the weekend! :)

Thanks :redface: Yesterday I was trying to get to know the track. In the end I managed to be quite close to you but consistency was definitely poor.

T1 for me is ok, the sections I struggle most with, are T2 to the esses (you really must find a rhythm in there and if not, you lose a real lot of time!) and T10 A and B. Last turn as well, the risk is to end up in the grass if understeer is involved. I'll practice again in the weekend! :)
Great Omar! If I see you practicing this weekend, I will jump into your car to see how you are taking T1.
But I agree that T2 and T3 have a kind of rhythm that's absolutely crucial for a good lap time. But that rhythm starts on exit T1 to get a good line up for T2.

Should be a good race, close field at this circuit. everyone should be in with a shout, unlike GT3 where it is almost preordained.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
50 minis around here would be quite the spectacle...
Well when we're a bit settled as organizers, we can try to make a special onetime event like a tribute or something for which we're going to make extra promotion to get 50 drivers.
The introduction of the first race version of the MiniCooper was in 1961 so we can celebrate it's 60th birthday this year and use it for the tribute.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%