AC Classic Mini Monday @ Road Atlanta Short Course - Monday 8th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
There is some really odd logic regarding the replay settings. It doesn't seem to correctly honour the number of files you set for specific event types. I never got to the bottom of it, but I also found that it would not save a race if you let the number of non-keep files reach their maximum on a different type (e.g. qualy). I now regularly keep and delete to ensure things are well under their max settings so replays don't go accidentally astray

I upped the max number of the event types in CM so hopefully that sorts it. I've had it chop the start off races before but never not record anything. All i changed was the quality. I had finally started to get full races on the minimum quality setting - 8Hz but wanted to see what difference the quality made. I am running vr in low settings so I'm not sure it's possible to get replays in high settings :thumbsdown:

The replay size setting is also fubar... for some reason it caps the replay file size at something like 1gig (I forget the exact value), even if you set it higher. This is the reason you have to reduce the sample to 8/16 per second to get a complete 60 minute race

Don't worry about your VR settings affecting the replay. The quality of VR settings determines how much detail is rendered realtime, whereas replay settings determine how many times per second the game will take a snapshot of the race state (position of cars, velocity, inputs etc). Unless your frame rate is below that of the replay sample rate you should be fine. It's probably the case that higher quality VR settings are more likely to have an impact on the replay if your system cannot keep up. I regularly switch to the monitor to review a replay and crank up the detail at the same time

Last edited:
The replay size setting is also fubar... for some reason it caps the replay file size at something like 1gig (I forget the exact value), even if you set it higher. This is the reason you have to reduce the sample to 8/16 per second to get a complete 60 minute race

Don't worry about your VR settings affecting the replay. The quality of VR settings determines how much detail is rendered realtime, whereas replay settings determine how many times per second the game will take a snapshot of the race state (position of cars, velocity, inputs etc). Unless your frame rate is below that of the replay sample rate you should be fine. It's probably the case that higher quality VR settings are more likely to have an impact on the replay if your system cannot keep up. I regularly switch to the monitor to review a replay and crank up the detail at the same time

Cheers scott, make better sense now. Ye i looked through all the replays and the largest was 1 Gb. I'll stick it to 16 Hz. Just by the size of the 8Hz files at 0.25Gb the 32 might be missing the first few laps. Need to dial in the preset csp settings for best replay quality next.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I usually 7z mine, upload them to google drive and then make a share URL to the file. If you use drive for personal stuff then I'd recommend making another google account for things like this as you'll get a full 15Gb to play with. It's trivial to switch between accounts in chrome if you also use that. Just click on the avatar icon top right and it'll give you the option to add a new account

Thank you. I only use Firefox. But I'll find a way. Will give it a try this evening...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back