AC Classic GT (Live Stream) @ Silverstone - Monday 20th of March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Glaurung Thank you for the organisation and all the effort. Very special thanks to @Nobkins for streaming this race LIVE, amazing commentating. And finally very big thanks to all the racers for participating and comitting themselves to finish the entire race!

Brilliant event.

Thanks to all the participants of this race, and thanks to @Nobkins for its brillant commentary.
After a very bad start (I realised after the Copse that I forgot the handbrake on), I managed to go up to the second position where I had a pretty solitary race, in any case it was the best position I could achieve because @Aziz Can YÜCEL had an very fast pace.
However, congratulation to all the drivers that have manage to finish the race. :thumbsup:
Next Classic GT event is up, the entry list is already almost half full, so I suggest to sign up as early as possible to reserve your slot in the race.
For the next race I will do some BOP to make the performances of the two cars even closer for the next race, especially on race trim.

@Nobkins I could be pretty useless to talk to when racing, so here's a proper explanation of 908 rear wing.

917-wing-flaps.jpg

Under load the flap goes down, and off of load it goes up. So when the outside rear wheel is loaded the flap drops in favor of the one on the opposite, unloaded side, to level out the car, because on the unloaded side the wing goes up.
Also when braking, the rear unloads having both wing rise and level the car out longitudinally and when accelerating they drop to reduce drag. Very clever. It is a bit like Pagani Huayra, except these are completely mechanical.

Hi @Nobkins.
Thank you for your work. It is nice to drive and hear the commentary of the race.
It was a first time for me.
I hope next event will have some aerial cover:
upload_2017-3-21_10-41-45.png

:)
Hear you next monday

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years