rF2 Classic Formula 3 @ Palm Beach - Wednesday April 25th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Marco Bijl

Axe Travels
rf2rdf3.jpg

Event Details
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F3
Car: 1960 Classic Formula 3
Track: Palm Beach (Install GT Endurance mod for track)
Download: RACEDEPARTMENT Club Racing Mod -> Click here
Weather: Dry

Time Schedule
19:00 GMT Practice
19:30 GMT Qualification
19:40 GMT Warm-up
19:45 GMT Race (16 lap race)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

MOD Installation.
To join this event, you need to download the custom mod above. Both track (install first) and mod (install second) must be installed to join the server.

Notes:
  • Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug thread.
Sign-up list:
  1. Bram Hengeveld
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito
  3. Marco Bijl
  4. Jim Carvalho
  5. Anthony Levene
  6. Axel Moebius
  7. Mark Tustain
  8. Ramon van Rijn
  9. Dave Coyn
  10. Jonathan Motteram
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Long time ago since I raced rF2. Not since the release.
Tried the Spark tonight and got the thing rolling okay I think. It is slightly slower than the Eve for me, but this baby is a bit more stable.
My initial qual lap was the best for me in the whole session.
During race start it was busy in T1 and I think I got a small nudge, had to use the escape road and joined at the same spot. In the beginning it was difficult to hold on the leaders, especially on the straights I was losing ground.
After some laps I could get closer and was finally in Bram's slipstream to gain some extra speed. From that moment Bram was driving faster too and I could only follow. We did stunning laptimes, I think I drove mid 27s or so. Far better than qualify :)
In the last laps I was pushing too much and lost a bit of time. Settled for 3rd which I am pleased with considered how much I drive nowadays.... almost none.

Thanks for racing everyone.

Yet another fun event in the F3s!

Started from the back as I have yet to learn how the startlights work in rF. Got past a few cars in the start and found myself in 5th behind Dave. The rest of the race was incredibly close between me and Dave. Unfortunately not any close racing, but very similar pace. I pushed all I could and managed to slowly but steadily reel him in and at the finish line I was right at his tail. It was hard work but so much fun.

Thanks Marco for organizing and thanks to all that showed up.

That was great fun , i couldnt keep pace with the top 3 and was on my own most of the race untill Knut reeled me in with 2 laps to go , then he was all over me , fortunately we run out of laps before he could pull the pass on me .
That was quality racing , thanx for setting it up Marco .

Mark T and I had a few laps of dicing, which were very entertaining. :) After that it was a bit lonely for me, though I managed to break into the 29s. That's right: 2 seconds off the 27s. Still very fun cars to drive. Nice turn out. How about a return to Mid-Ohio or Sears with the F3s? Thanks for all the work to get this going, Marco. I know it's been significantly more than we've heard about. But, then, this isn't an R-rated forum; so we aren't privvy to all the colorful descriptions. ;)

This was good fun (again!)

Joined fairly late as i was watching the champions league match and totally forgot about this event. Did some track recon first as this circuit was new for me.

Race was awesome. Axel, me and Ramon with a second of each other until the end of the race. Stunning.

Thanks Marco for these awesome events. Hardcode me on the future signup list please :thumbsup;

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back