Time Schedule
19:00 GMT Practice
19:30 GMT Qualification
19:40 GMT Warm-up
19:45 GMT Race (18 Laps)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

MOD Installation.
To join this event, you need to download the custom mod above. Both track (install first) and mod (install second) must be installed to join the server.

Notes:
  • Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited in the chat. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
  • If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  • We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3, download here. Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy friendly way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically, Log in here
  • Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug thread.
Sign-up list:
  1. Peter Nickells
  2. Marco Bijl
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I don't know you Scott but please don't think I'm being patronising

Go to manage Mods in the Rf2 launcher

1960 world racing should be at or near the top of the list. It should be version 1.1

If it is, right click it and select install. You should be then good to go.

If it is 1.0 you need to download version 1.1 from the ISI downloads page

Searspoint 1.35 is found here at the rf2 Mods, tracks thread.

You need to install this in the rf2 packages file then go to manage mods in the rf2 installer

Click on options and you should see searspoint in the list. Right click this and select install, you should be good to go

Come on man we need people to race :)

That was a fun race. Both Myself and Marco learned a lot. Next time take the train.

No that is my poor attempt at a joke. Lots of pit stops for me, that's okay, I needed to change my CD and refresh my glass.

First thing I learned, don't floor the throttle until the lights go out

Second thing (I expect everyone knows this) the Spark F2 pulls a bit to the right with the accellerator. Torque I suppose

You can get back to the pits on three wheels.

Looking at Marco's example, steady consistent driving and lap times with these cars. Mind you that probably goes for all cars.

I couldn't get close enough to put Marco under pressure without overcooking it myself

There were times when I just could not stop laughing and we had to restart a couple of times

And that is what it's all about

Pit stops were long, over 200 secs for me a couple of times but it seemed to be that even for a light bump and mis alignment. Towards the end of the race I didn't bother and limped home. I think this could be realistic. A pit crew of one man with a spanner and they didn't have CD's then. Those 33.3 rpm LPs took ages to load into the player
Pit stops and damage, well I think those cars were a bit fragile

I just wish more people would join in the thrills and spills these cars provide

Sorry I missed this event, Peter and Marco. I really enjoyed your last post there, Peter. :D My Sundays usually include prior commitments, and today was no exception and included a few additional distractions in case I was tempted. Knowing how much trouble I usually have at Sears in the F3s, my story for this event would have been much shorter than Peter's. Glad to see Scott got his installation in order.

Well, what can I say about it ;) Think Peter just said about all :)

Was very busy during the day again with all sorts of stuff, so did not have a good chance to practice. Not much experience in the F2's either, and that combined with Searspoint, is a recipe for dissaster.

Qualy I did not get 1 complete hotlap in. Perhaps that was because I was trying to hard. Last attempt I lost it at the second to last corner, while I was really quick. Anyway, no time for me.

Start of the first race was hillarious. I had a good start, went around the outside of Peter, and found out that the F2's with cold tires really can NOT turn around :) Braking in the corner is a bad thing to do as well with these cars right after start. So, I could not slow down enough, and went straight in the wall. Peter was laughing to hard, so he followed me right in the wall :) Restarted the race.

Second try. Not much better. Kept it on track a bit longer, but ended crying in the corner again. Both me and Peter got out of the race with a suspension problem, so the race weekend restarted, which means no more grip on track! Damn....

Third try. At the last second before the race started, I decided to run for the bathroom to take a piss. When I got back, I had to jump in my seat as the light almost hit green. Was a second late orso. Started slowly because there was no rubber on track, and started my 18 lap run.
Somewhere in lap 9, I went wide, and just tapped the wall with my right side of the car. Immidiately the steering was way off (I drove around 160 kph when tapping the wall), so went into the pit. Had to wait around 180 seconds for the damage to be fixed, and when I drove out of the pits, I was JUST ahead of Peter.
Managed to take it home without any big issues after that.

Things I learned today ;):
- Dont drive classic formula cars on Searspoint for 18 laps :p
- Be gentle with the F2's. They are a lot more unstable then the F3's.
- A "virgin" track to race on, while practicing on rubbered track, is a bad idea :)

All in all, it was a challenge, but fun! Enjoyed it. Thanks Peter!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back