rF2 Classic Formula 2 @ Malaysia Full Loop - Sunday May 27th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Looks like the side mirrors aren't going to work. At the rate updates are released this could be a real problem for our cars if we can't find a solution

Edit: forgot about the virtual mirrors. I've never used them before

I don't like the virtual mirrors but I need to see who's lapping me. If you still want to race I suggest you could see how many times you can lap me? I can't think of anything else.

These cars are not easy to drive, esp the F1. I think that is probably realistic. I don't know how people using autoclutch manage as I have to let in the clutch after getting the revs up to speed when changing down. Especially F1 and F2 with the bigger torqued engines.

They are a challenge to drive fast and maybe people don't like the older cars. I understand some people race from external camera like roof cam, bumper cam etc. and maybe they dont look good like that.
I don't really know but I think, imho, these are the best cars in Rf2 and are thrilling to drive from the cockpit and great fun.

Have not tried the F2 yet. Am going to give them a try out now. If I like them will show up on Sunday.
Any hints, set-ups etc to get me started?
Oh by the way, with me you will not need mirrors. I will be so far behind I wouldn't even show up as a speck!

That's why I like these cars it's all about the driving!
Feathering the clutch is no issue but throttle managemt is key really! I'll share my basic stable setup if I come on, I didn't spend to much time on it but it seems to work ok!

I think that is right, to get the engine speed up to match the lower gear. No automatic stuff on these cars, proper driving. High torque engines must deliver quite a shock to the drive when way out of sync. I can see that this could be true 'though I wouldn't really know:notworthy:

I haven't got a clue what the server is running at the moment. It's all so messed up.

I am going to do a complete reinstall of my rfactor2 tomorrow, and create a whole new development section. This will result in no race tonight, and yet another day without racedepartment servers on....

Imagine what a little bit of communication from the ISI side could have prevented...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back