AC Classic F1 @ Silverstone 67 - Tuesday 11th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great racing indeed. I haven't raced much here at RD but the ones I did were very clean so far! Very fast guys too!

I feel for Reik who hit the wall at T1.. I saw he was unable to catch up while I was matching the times of Alex in front. I thought Reik had some aero damage probably. I made a small mistake were I lost the front-end slightly in T1, had to correct it and went a bit on the grass costing me 4 seconds to Alex. Some great wheel-to-wheel with Alex too for more than a lap, I enjoyed that. I was hoping to catch him when going through the backmarkers but the time difference remained almost the same.

Well done Enzo and Alex!

Thanks Han for the event. I will try to join more often ;)

Thanks Han, great cars and very fun to drive also on a track out of that era.

I was fiddling around with the setup, a bit too much I think. And somehow I thought the hard tyre was the way to go in the race :p. Still got P6 in quali, was pleased with that :), but in the race my pace was not consistent and too slow ;)

First half of the race I used right foot braking and using the clutch for shifting, but due to pedalpositions I got a serious sore right foot haha, and halfway the race I started using left foot braking and the autoclutch thingy (you can't set that completely off with these cars?). At first the laptimes were slower, but in time I drove faster than in the first half of the race.

Last edited:
Thanks Han, great cars and very fun to drive also on a track out of that era.

I was fiddling around with the setup, a bit too much I think. And somehow I thought the hard tyre was the way to go in the race :p. Still got P6 in quali, was pleased with that :), but in the race my pace was not consistent and too slow ;)

First half of the race I used right foot braking and using the clutch for shifting, but due to pedalpositions I got a serious sore right foot haha, and halfway the race I started using left foot braking and the autoclutch thingy (you can't set that completely off with these cars?). At first the laptimes were slower, but in time I drove faster than in the first half of the race.
Being comfortable is at least for me of the utmost importance, anything that bug’s me will lead to problems.
I always use paddles, I always make sure everything is ok pre event, funnily as I wear thin soled shoe things that were coming off near the end of the race, that was enough to send me off the circuit eventually, so it is back to socks again for me.
As much as I would like just to jump in and go getting everything right is very important, especially in a 45 min race.
Hards were the way to go. I think all the front runner were on hards, will check.
Sorry if it sounds like a lecture you don’t need, your message just struck a cord with me from last night.:)

Last edited:
These f1 cars are outstanding, but they are hard to keep under control sometimes.
I was on the practice server earlier in the week with a much faster driver (axel, maybe) and afterward watched the replay. He was able to correct spins before they happened using fast wheel movements, and his apex and exit technique were tight.
He was also like 5 seconds faster than i was.
So i decided to focus on those things the rest of the week. I wasn't trying to go fast, just to do it like a textbook. It really helped reduce my corner exit spin problem. Happy times!!
Todays race had a few unfortunate incidents where i hit someone who had already spun out. The first one was early on and i went from middle-ish to end of the pack. I managed to catch up and gain a few spots when it happened again. No big deal!
In the end i caught up to Paul f but he was too fast for me to pass. Lucky for me he made a mistake and i was handed his place.
All in all it was a really fun time!
Thank you , Han and congrats to the winners on a well deserved victory!

I was on softs too, they did not degrade much at all.
Yes, softs for me too.

After a start that Fernando Alonso would be proud of I went from 11th to 4th by the the exit of T1.
Managing to stay there for four laps was exciting with Aliens ahead but then those pesky Ferrari’s lined up to have a go.
First it was Richard who got a run on me then Ernie had a go which ended up very similar to Max and Lewis at Copse last year,with Ernie understeering into me and we both went off.
By the time I got going I was in 14th so my early aspirations were firmly long gone but still had fun. I had one odd moment when I ran over a bollard on the last turn which actually made me go off, so realistic! Then Chis got by when the rear tyres went off with a couple of laps to go and I hit the wall at the last turn again.
Congrats to the podium and thank Han, another different and fun event.

PS: Please allow me one hint if your plans for a championship with these cars aren't finished yet. Maybe it's good, to not only have "killer tracks" like Feldbergring or Bremgarten but to have tracks, which allow mistakes and comebacks to have more fights? I'd even consider modern tracks, which may sound strange at first. But also today there are historic car events on modern tracks. Just an idea, no need to care about it.
Thanks Reik,
I really appreciate this kind of feedback :thumbsup: .
This fits exactly my plans for a coming championship. Later in the year I want to do a new @Fat-Alfie Championship with only his tracks and hopefully with the new Battenbergring included and with the '60 F1 cars or other cars from that era. I consider the '70 F1 cars more as racetrack cars and less suited for the road tracks.

I really did not expect to lead from T1 to finish based on the times in practice and qualifying.

In qualifying I noticed I really did not like the balance of the car on low fuel, so I made some late changes, which arguably didn't help much. Then after qualifying I made some more changes, not really knowing how they'd turn out.

On the grid I was already trying to come up with racing driver excuses to put in this post. :D

Fortunately, the changes made the car feel quite nice on full fuel and I set my fastest lap early on in the race, whereas Axel and Reik set theirs in the final couple of laps. Our race fastest laps were all within a tenth.

As the fuel went down and the soft rears started to wear, the balance got quite bad and Axel caught up a lot, but he ran out of time.

Fun race but starting fourth, I was hoping to chase instead of the opposite. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back