AC Classic F1 Championship race #1@Kyalami, Tuesday 25th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi guys, in the second race i caused a crash on the last lap, i am so sorry for that, i saw the blue flags and tried to pull out to the right and out of the race line, but someone crashed into my back.

I don´t know who it was since i don´t play with the names active.

If i ruined someone´s race i´m really sorry.

Hi guys, in the second race i caused a crash on the last lap, i am so sorry for that, i saw the blue flags and tried to pull out to the right and out of the race line, but someone crashed into my back.

I don´t know who it was since i don´t play with the names active.

If i ruined someone´s race i´m really sorry.
It's OK, I still managed to win.

This is from my perspective:

Just remember that it's always most important to stay predictable, especially in a corner as fast as that one. If you had just kept driving your normal line, I would've simply outbraked you on the inside.

It's OK, I still managed to win.

This is from my perspective:

Just remember that it's always most important to stay predictable, especially in a corner as fast as that one. If you had just kept driving your normal line, I would've simply outbraked you on the inside.
Yes, i was completely in the wrong, i'm really happy you still managed to win.
Ill follow the advice next time.

Thanks Han for coming up with this format, I know there were plenty of incidents and action, but from my point of view it was exciting and very entertaining. Not only that, as these cars are difficult to control the grid got well mixed up providing some great racing moments.
Race 1, a good start from P12 and a steady run with no mistakes while others went off had me finishing P8. I was surprised when birthday boy Enzo came past, usually that only happens when I am being lapped!!
Race 2, P12 again, another good start and kept out of trouble. Settled down and had a great battle with Taj until he unfortunately spun out on the final corner. Then a lonely run to the flag and another P8 finish.
But a long championship so plenty of time for things to change but it was a joy to see so many classic F1 cars sliding sideways through the corners, particularly in race 1.
Well done to the podiums and to all drivers for making this so much fun, thumbs up to Han for the smooth running event.:thumbsup:

Had 2 fun races yesterday.

The first race I had a very bad start, costed me a lot positions. But due to mistakes of other drivers i climbed back up to around P5. But @Enzo Fazzi came up storming from the back after a pitlane start, and overtook me on the outside :whistling:. I am gonna hear that for a while at work I think.

First race for me in the 60's cars in Assetto Corsa, and it's a lot of fun to drive! Easier to handle than the Lotus 49 in iRacing.

Race 2 the start went a lot better and I could stay around my start position. But soon @HF2000 overtook me, and we had a fight that lasted many laps! Very nice racing with you Han. In the end Axel came very close, but I think the race was too short for him to attack me, or his tyres were gone. His pace was definitely better than mine.

Also a nice race with the 70's cars, went also a lot better than last time at Silverstone.

Thanks Han for organizing. See you all at the next race!

As to speak with Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon): I'm getting to old for this ****!
To very intense races at one night maybe a bit too much.
In race 1 I didn't even make it to T1. The car in front of me had a very bad start so I went to the left to pass him. Unfortunately an other car from the left startline went to the right at the same time. We collided and I hit with my nose the wall. I had to let everyone pass before I could go in reverse to start again. Not a great start for a championship:(. So the game of catching up and overtake began which was nice. I finished 12th. Seeing my laptimes 7th would have been possible but that's racing.

Second race was also very intense with defending @Gerben Kelly for the first half of the race. I had reduced the toe of my rear tyres so I had better traction and that worked well until the rear started to get slippy and I had less grip in the turns. So I made some mistakes and Gerben and later Alex could pass me. Still happy with sixth which was the maximum result based on my laptimes.

What I saw there has been a lot of great battles in both races so I hope everyone had fun.
I haven't driving these cars a lot but it feels like that if you master these cars, you get better also in modern cars.
Unbelievable the way Enzo moved up through the field after he went off in lap 1 in race one. He can brake much later and accelerate much earlier than I can. Without losing control :confused: .

Congrats to the podiums! You can find the overall standings in the Championship thread.
Thanks @Reik Major for letting @Enzo Fazzi have the win as a birthday present! Very nice of you!

Next Tuesday a bit more relaxing: a walk in the Cadwell Park with a MiniCooper. Only 18 spots there so don't wait too long to sign up.

Last edited:
Interesting races!
For the 60's cars, I only used 1st to 4th gear and 1st gear really only for the start. I figured shifting less would give some extra consistency. Unfortunately I got a jump start. I must have accidently every so slightly lifted my left foot. It ended up with getting teleported to the pits and having the controls locked for 30 seconds.

I then managed my way through the field fairly quickly, only to get taken out by my own father on my birthday and had to pass a bunch of cars all over again. Without the extra 10 or so seconds I lost there, I probably would have finished 3rd instead of 4th.

For the 70's race, I managed to make the Lotus feel a bit better than it did for me at Silverstone and I added 25 extra liters for the race, simply because I hate how that car feels on low fuel.

Reik was constantly within 1-2 seconds. While I wasn't giving it 100%, I still had to push more than how I usually prefer to drive. I was really just hoping for Reik to make a mistake, which he eventually did. I was especially worried when Reik set the two fastest laps of the race, while I was already starting the struggle with the rear tires a bit.

Then at the end, it got quite close again due to the misunderstanding with the backmarker.

So much fun.

I'm new to simracing, i did around 10 online races, and honestly i am absolutely hooked, this was something i wanted to do for a long long time, but due to life was never able to do until now, learning the track, learning the car, then trying to improve the car with setups and then battle it out on the track with other like minded people it´s just the best.

I had two very different races, i end up practicing with the 49 way more than with the 72d, i knew i was more prepared for the first race, but i was not at all expecting the 6th in qualifying and again 6th in the race, it was a good moral boost, and a sign that practicing goes a long way, i was 4th for a long time, but once i saw someone really fast approaching i knew it was not worth the fight, so i let him go easy, i know now that it was Enzo, (so freakishly fast!! ), and i did the same again with another fast guy.

The second race started really bad, since i the heat of the moment i end up going to the race with the wrong setup loaded in, and i just struggled with the car the whole time, ended up 17th and almost ruining Enzo's race, in the end i had the 11th fastest lap, so ill definitely work on the 72d way more for the next round and try at least to not be lapped.

Thank you guys for the races

So much fun.

I'm new to simracing, i did around 10 online races, and honestly i am absolutely hooked, this was something i wanted to do for a long long time, but due to life was never able to do until now, learning the track, learning the car, then trying to improve the car with setups and then battle it out on the track with other like minded people it´s just the best.

I had two very different races, i end up practicing with the 49 way more than with the 72d, i knew i was more prepared for the first race, but i was not at all expecting the 6th in qualifying and again 6th in the race, it was a good moral boost, and a sign that practicing goes a long way, i was 4th for a long time, but once i saw someone really fast approaching i knew it was not worth the fight, so i let him go easy, i know now that it was Enzo, (so freakishly fast!! ), and i did the same again with another fast guy.

The second race started really bad, since i the heat of the moment i end up going to the race with the wrong setup loaded in, and i just struggled with the car the whole time, ended up 17th and almost ruining Enzo's race, in the end i had the 11th fastest lap, so ill definitely work on the 72d way more for the next round and try at least to not be lapped.

Thank you guys for the races
Great to have you and other new comers here. You must have very much natural talent becoming so fast in such a short time. I'm doing sim racing for at least 20 years.

Btw you can get to know most of us better, when having a look into this thread. You can see me in the 4th post.

Feel free to introduce yourself, too if you like to. This goes to everyone here. ;)
:thumbsup:

I had a blast last night , and very pleased that you have set it up, its my favorite cars types to drive and more or less the same as my two top mods in AC ,GPL67 mod and F1 Classic 75 mod even though I'm in the bottom half of the grid , the modern stuff is not my cup of Thea , all things after the 90' and my interest start to fade out but then again I not a spring chicken any more ;)

I had some pretty interesting races with fighting more or less from start to finish, so form my point of view after the start problems and people began to get sorted out , the racing was pretty good, I we had good fair fights and side by side racing with great success , so the potential is there .

for those who had some disappointments last night , give it some time and it will get sorted out when we learn each other to know more on track as I understand there is some new people in the mix , I is one of them ;) and first of all accept you own limits , there only one winner each time, I'm not here to win , I found out already in the test race at Silverstone, I simply do not have the pace for that , but Im more than capable of battling and that's what I am here for , to battle for positions , I really don't care if its for 4 or 5 position or the for 12 and 13 positions as long as I have the good fight for positions and that I had plenty of yesterday.

and in realty I kind of pity those who win those unranked races here , because the level between top and bottom is so big i these situations that it will be more or less the same 2 - 3 guys to take the wins and the don't usually have all the cool battles we ( the less skilled have :) ) back in the day when I was good ( yes that was the case 15 years ago :D )and drove GPL I had a pretty high winning rate , and quite often had a more boring race than the mid pack , because after some laps you only saw cars way back in the mirror and when you catched the back markers , to have a good time online racing is all about to get you expectations in check first

Peace out

Great to have you and other new comers here. You must have very much natural talent becoming so fast in such a short time. I'm doing sim racing for at least 20 years.

Btw you can get to know most of us better, when having a look into this thread. You can see me in the 4th post.

Feel free to introduce yourself, too if you like to. This goes to everyone here. ;)
:thumbsup:
Hi Reik, even without a rig i was watching simracing YouTube channels and guides and stuff like that for a long time, and i think that definitely helped my adaptation.

I might also have been lucky ahah.

Wow, ill definitely check the thread and introduce myself to, its really nice to put a face (and a rig) to the names.

Thanks @Reik Major for letting @Enzo Fazzi have the win as a birthday present! Very nice of you!
My wife may confirm I'm a gentleman but not in this case. :whistling:
Even on Enzos birthday, if I had a chance to win, I had gone for it.

Race 2 with the Lotus 72 was a very tough one. I pushed the car on the highest level of my skills to stay close to Enzo all the time and to be there if he'd made a tiny mistake. So I was able to stay within 1 - 1,5 seconds all the time until I lost the rear after 17 laps or so. Luckily the gap to Laurent in 3rd was big enough to bring it home in 2nd.

Race 1 with the Lotus 49 was a better one for me. After the start from pole I over shot T1 and lost 2 positions. But I could overtake Tiago a few corners later and got back P1, when unlucky Axel spun out in lap 2. From there on it was bringing it home with a controlled risk in driving.
I wonder how the fight for victory would've looked like, if Enzo hadn't had bad luck with his unintended jump start. So in the end a good start for me into this championship.

Thanks a thousend times to Han for having the idea to organize such a challenge by having two races with these cars in one event. :whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%