Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
FnaR72vmQWaXpXTrGuCpwQ
Lotus-49-Cosworth-7221.jpg

1200px-Regazzoni%2C_Clay_am_31.07.1976_-_Ferrari_312T.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For the first race in this Championship we're going to SouthAfrica just like where the 1967 season also started. Unfortunately we don't have the '60s layout available so we're using the 2016 layout which will be will be a an extra challenge.

As all events in this championship, we're doing two separate races tonight. That are also two separate S.GP events.
After the 1st race you have to leave the server and join the server of the 2nd race that will be started shortly after race 1 has ended. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS YOURSELF, IT'S NOT AUTOMATED.

Kyalami_16.png

Official practice time for both races is short so we can have two races tonight. There's a server available during the week where you can practice and configure your setup.

Further information and registering for this championship: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/classic-f1-championship-2022.216649/

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • Race 1 ('60 cars)
    • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 20:20 CEST, 19:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 20:45 CEST, 19:45 BST (19:45 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
  • Race 2 ('70 cars)
    • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 22:05 CEST, 21:05 BST (21:05 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
Event details:
  • Cars:
    • '60: Lotus 49, Ferrari 312/67
    • '70: Lotus 72D, Ferrari 312T
  • Track: Kyalami, South Africa
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 25C air/35C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
It's a server plug for AC that keeps track of sessions, lap times (with details), stats etc....

And it has a web interface where you can see it all.
Yes indeed, a pretty cool bit of code.
We (well, Rasmus) were in the process of trialling it for our RD servers when the GDPR rules made the whole thing a damn sight more difficult and so we just dropped it (as did its creator, if I remember the sequence of events correctly).

Hi guys, i have been trying to train a little bit but the lotus 49 it´s so hard to drive.
I can't find any lap times for it on Kyalami, just to see how far away from the pace i am.
Does anyone mind sharing what kind of times you hare doing in the 60´s cars?
The best ive done is a 1.50.200 and i can see that there is so much time wasted.
Also, any tips for a good set up on the Lotus 49?
Thanks

Hi guys, i have been trying to train a little bit but the lotus 49 it´s so hard to drive.
I can't find any lap times for it on Kyalami, just to see how far away from the pace i am.
Does anyone mind sharing what kind of times you hare doing in the 60´s cars?
The best ive done is a 1.50.200 and i can see that there is so much time wasted.
Also, any tips for a good set up on the Lotus 49?
Thanks
Hi Tiago.

There is a sort of a gentleman's agreement that we don't discuss lap times in the forum to avoid putting people off from joining.
These classic cars are very difficult to master but your lap time is in the ball park as they say and thereabouts for the mere mortals amongst us.
The key is to be consistent and stay on track as there will be plenty who don't.

As for setups, these are very specific to individuals and styles, but if you look at the thread Classic cars @ Deutschlandring - Tuesday 4th January 2022, Reik kindly posted his set up which is a good base to start from.

Hope this helps.

Hi Tiago.

There is a sort of a gentleman's agreement that we don't discuss lap times in the forum to avoid putting people off from joining.
These classic cars are very difficult to master but your lap time is in the ball park as they say and thereabouts for the mere mortals amongst us.
The key is to be consistent and stay on track as there will be plenty who don't.

As for setups, these are very specific to individuals and styles, but if you look at the thread Classic cars @ Deutschlandring - Tuesday 4th January 2022, Reik kindly posted his set up which is a good base to start from.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for the reply Paul.
And so sorry for the question then, i didn´t know about the " Gentleman's Agreement" now i know.
I'll check the thread then.
And yes, ill try my best to keep it in the track.

And see you guys on track this Tuesday

I have a problem , the sever returns with a can't compare checksums error when connecting ?, ve tryed to remove and redownload the track to see if that was the problem, its both via ac it self and content manager, same errror .

what to do ?

I have a problem , the sever returns with a can't compare checksums error when connecting ?, ve tryed to remove and redownload the track to see if that was the problem, its both via ac it self and content manager, same errror .

what to do ?
I'll try to find it out. Did you download the track from the MODS tab on S.GP?

I did some practise laps on the server yesterday, and it worked fine for me, probably downloaded already the good track. I saw some people trying to join, but they got kicked everytime.

The Kyalami download from the RD site was very slow somehow.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.8%