AC Classic F1 Championship 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
All in a 1/4 of a lap, starting with that Rotter Han.
Screenshot_ferrari_312t_ks_nordschleife_26-4-122-22-25-19.jpg
number 2
Screenshot_ferrari_312t_ks_nordschleife_26-4-122-22-26-22.jpg
number 3
Screenshot_ferrari_312t_ks_nordschleife_26-4-122-22-27-22.jpg
number 4, this was my fault, probably losing the will to live by this point
Screenshot_ferrari_312t_ks_nordschleife_26-4-122-22-31-28.jpg

3b149698174a03c0e3ef3f20e07b693d.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_ferrari_312t_ks_nordschleife_26-4-122-22-27-22.jpg
    Screenshot_ferrari_312t_ks_nordschleife_26-4-122-22-27-22.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I do on nordschleife circuit, I just dose off on this circuit and then panicked and usually fly off the circuit. The line helps me concentrate, annoying it may be but it helps with understanding we’re the braking points are, remembering 13km of braking points is well beyond me.
Plus I sometimes use it on circuits I am trying to learn, Ahvenisto being the reason it is still on, then I forget how to turn it off, which leads me to start pressing loads of keys, next thing I know I am now in even worse situation sitting out in some part of the circuit.:mad:
I don’t normally use it that much certainly not in RF2 and ACC, even though I bitterly complained about it in ACC, looks ridiculous on that sim, more like aircraft landing lights, but to no avail. In AC it is so faint I usually cannot clearly see it most of the time, that is the way I like it.
I will probably at some point turn it off, but it really does not bother me much.

I am more of a semi idiot than a semi alien.

I do on nordschleife circuit, I just dose off on this circuit and then panicked and usually fly off the circuit. The line helps me concentrate, annoying it may be but it helps with understanding we’re the braking points are, remembering 13km of braking points is well beyond me.
Plus I sometimes use it on circuits I am trying to learn, Ahvenisto being the reason it is still on, then I forget how to turn it off, which leads me to start pressing loads of keys, next thing I know I am now in even worse situation sitting out in some part of the circuit.:mad:
I don’t normally use it that much certainly not in RF2 and ACC, even though I bitterly complained about it in ACC, looks ridiculous on that sim, more like aircraft landing lights, but to no avail. In AC it is so faint I usually cannot clearly see it most of the time, that is the way I like it.
I will probably at some point turn it off, but it really does not bother me much.

I am more of a semi idiot than a semi alien.
You can map the racing line on/off to a wheel button. I use it if I want to clarify a line while in the car

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-27 112102.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-27 112102.png
    592.3 KB · Views: 34
I do quite like the 2 different cars in one evening thing. To appeal to the people wanting a single car championship, maybe just have two cars that are similarly paced and race them both? For example, half the grid races the 330P4 in the first race and they switch to the GT40 for the second one and visa versa.
Yes, that's the format I used with the Panda and the Transit. That was indeed quite succesful. Thanks!
It might be a single class championship but as S.GP doesn't allow car switching within a championship, it has to be technically two championships which I manually have to combine to one ranking (like the Classic F1).
(And I hate driving the GT40:notworthy:)
But I think it would be great in a 2022 Fat-Alfie's championship with the new Battenbergring.

Last edited:
Huge congrats to Enzo, Laurent and Axel. Enzos victory is very much deserved.

In the beginning of the championship I was slightly hoping to fight him for the crown until the end. But after a few events it became obvious he's just too good. :thumbsup: So, even if I had been able to participate in all events, "only" P2 would have been achievable.

@HF2000 thank you very much for such a big challenge. It was the most exhausting championship I've participated so far. :thumbsup:

Congrats to Enzo and Axel for the podium spots! And everyone that participated in the majority of the rounds!

In all fairness, P2 should go to Reik but getting your priorities right is part of the game :p

In the Lotus 49 I was often racing on my own behind Enzo and Reik although I wasn't that far off the pace. I struggled more with the 72D with setup and also lost quite some points due to my shifter that had quite a few mishaps during the races. It was close with Axel until the last race but I had enough pace with the 72D this time to fend the Ferraris off (except from Joel).

Zandvoort and the Nordschleife were the most difficult races for concentration and on a physical level.

I liked these a lot, looking forward to racing with you guys again!

Thanks Han for the championship!

Last edited:
Here the final standings! Congratulations to Enzo, Laurent and Axel!
Thank you all for your participation in this championship.
I would very much like to hear if you want to do this again with the same format or do you have suggestions for changes?

View attachment 562495
Hi Han!
I'm going to copy my message from Nordschleife thread here, ok? It's for centralizing the feedback messages, but feel free to delete either message if you want.

Although I've liked 60/70 a lot, I'd like to drive other cars now. My preferences would be:
- one same car for everybody (to avoid the differences we've seen between 60s Lotus and Ferrari)
- a car without electronic aids, a bit difficult to handle :cool:
- 4-5 GPs. The number of drivers have decreased from GP6 or so, right?
- extra: I'd love that we all used the same setup, I don't have much time to practice and setups are an important key sometimes (with the 60/70 I think setups made a bit of difference). But also I know some people like preparing setups, so they might get upset with this.

Thank you Han for keeping organizing this with passion :)

Last edited:
I like the format. I have the following combos in mind as a suggestion:

Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder --- Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
Lotus Type 25 --- Lotus 98T
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C --- Supercar/Hypercar of your choice

But these are just thoughts. I like surprises the most. :thumbsup:

Hey all you drivers in the Lotus Type 49! (and Ferrari as well)
Tomorrow is a one-off event where your car can battle against a modern super car (the Ferrari 458 Step 3)! According to official hotlapping results those two should be on par with each other. But, do you want to show these spoiled "ABS/TCR/No-Clutch" drivers, how fast your vintage Formula One car can really go?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 428 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 285 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 280 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 193 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 325 12.7%