AC Classic DTM @ Sebring International - Wednesday 15th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Interesting track! I did some more laps in hotlap mode after the race, and realised how horrifically badly I had mis-read the final turn... wow. Probably over half a second going adrift just in that one turn.

Also, regarding the weirdness with the braking zone variation - whoever said it was the ABS nailed it, I reckon. I mucked around a bit more and found that the BMW is the worst car I have *ever* seen for having rubbish ABS behaviour (the other two cars tonight may be no better of course). During the extra laps I did, I realised that if my braking wasn't quite in a straight line, the stopping distance got massively worse (and the ABS light seemed more active). For sure this effect is always there to some extent in any car but it was so bad in the BMW (with no audible tyre noises) that it totally blindsided me.

That was me :)
Same weird corner overshootings when I did not expected them.
I tried a couple of laps with ABS disabled and experienced massive lockups of the fronts under braking when going completely straight.
Did not impact laptimes though and was a lot of fun, but for the races I stuck with ABS enabled in order to have the tires survive.

Great race! Sebring was new to me but I kind of fell in love with it. The first and the last turn are something I have never seen before. Maybe turn 1 of Zolder is a bit similar. And seeing the results the BOP was well chosen. Wouldn't mind to do this again but with only one car, though. So many thanks to @Medilloni for organising.

Race 1 started disastrous for me. Got a bump in turn 1, don't know from who but a lot of drivers seem to wait for others so I think the golden rule was respected:thumbsup: . After that I drove behind Ken Westbrook who had a high ping and suddenly disappeared. The next moment I crashed on full speed into him, got some damage from that but had a lot of fun coming from 20th to 11th in the end.

Race 2 was mostly fun with the battle with @GEO147 . Great racing George! In the last laps with yellow tyres he nearly went off a couple of times and I thought I could get him but miraculously he kept just enough control to finish with a car length ahead of.

Congrats to the podium. Great lap times! Looking forward to John's next combo!

Race 1 started with a complete clusterf**k as I forgot to put the car in gear so sat pinging off the limiter in nuetral whilst everyone sailed past.

However, this meant I completely avoided the brazzers sponsored come together on the exit of T1.

Finishing P10 was a good result for me as I couldn't find any of the time I had found earlier in the day.

Race 2 was a better start, got up to P9 after some other people navigated into the kitty litter.

Nice little battle with John Power towards the end, side by side for 4 corners but my inability to reliably get the car stopped into the hairpin lost me the place.

So finished in P10 again.

Not a bad day in the office for me at all given my poor lap times during the race.

Looking forward to the next installment!

It must be this isolation thing, still keep whinging about the BOP, starting to bore myself. Still cannot see why 10kg should kill the Mercedes performance by so much.
Apologise to @Medilloni for the couple of nudges, trying my best to make the overtake as difficult as possible, did not mean it by that much, unfortunately for John someone else finished the job by the end of the Lap. :(
Most of the second race was then not eventful apart from George, luckily for me Han caught up and slowed George down for me, the rest was a plod to the end.
many thanks to all drivers, made it a very interesting two races, well done podiums too.
Well done to John for organising such a good event.:thumbsup:
PS, another race that taught me loads too, so that's a good thing in it's self.

sorry i dropped out last night guys my pc really dont like sebring i dont think the tracks optimised very well.
i was getting cpu warning and warping all over the place so i started from the back to see how it went but it was soon
apparent that i could not continue. really sorry to the guys at the back that i may of hit i really dont know if i hit anyone or not.

Great race! Sebring was new to me but I kind of fell in love with it. The first and the last turn are something I have never seen before. Maybe turn 1 of Zolder is a bit similar. And seeing the results the BOP was well chosen. Wouldn't mind to do this again but with only one car, though. So many thanks to @Medilloni for organising.

Race 1 started disastrous for me. Got a bump in turn 1, don't know from who but a lot of drivers seem to wait for others so I think the golden rule was respected:thumbsup: . After that I drove behind Ken Westbrook who had a high ping and suddenly disappeared. The next moment I crashed on full speed into him, got some damage from that but had a lot of fun coming from 20th to 11th in the end.

Race 2 was mostly fun with the battle with @GEO147 . Great racing George! In the last laps with yellow tyres he nearly went off a couple of times and I thought I could get him but miraculously he kept just enough control to finish with a car length ahead of.

Congrats to the podium. Great lap times! Looking forward to John's next combo!
Yeah that was great fun Han. And very fair racing through turns 1 and 2 from you when I went for the overtake.
I have battle scars from seeing you in my rear view and you getting by so was feeling the pressure. Car was all over the place nearing the end.

That was loads of fun yesterday :)

@Kek700 thanks for the 20min long battle in 1st race. It's funny how different our lines were through last corner even though we was about equally fast.

In 2nd race i really gave everything I had to stay with the Alfas battling each other. After 15min my tires were shot to hell and I had to defend instead, losing the back end in every corner. @Raf Nix finally got me in the last minute. Thanks for the race man!

What a combo of tracks and cars. Really enjoyed the first race. Disaster of a start... t boned a car sideways on the racing line went sidways and pinned george i think it was into the wall! I was getting chased down by danish larsen in the alfa and ended up on the rear bumper of a spun out steve of malley for the last lap and a half. It was a great finish with everyones tyre chewed to bits by the surface.

I was wrecked tired starting the second race... I had just settled in to a decent start but ended up dropping out early after ending up as collateral. Clipped by laursens alfa after he was spat of of the pile up. It made for a funny replay! I was 30 seconds behind everyone after the next corner and didnt have the energy to carry on!

Looking forward to the next one. Big thanks to john for putting the work in :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back