AC Classic DTM @ Sachsenring - Tuesday 8th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry guys i won't be able to show up tonight, at least i enjoyed the little bit of practice that i did.

I hope to see again the sachsensring in the circuit rotation, have fun!

Thanks a lot for organising Brian. Was a fun combo. Special thanks to Ernie @Kek700 , your help last night got me from 1:37's to high 1:32's in qualy. It really helped a lot. First race I started close to the back and made a few spots after a crash with Ernie and someone. A few laps later Casper took the final turn a bit sideways and I thought I would be able to overtake if i get on the power early, got on too early and went into pit wall. Ernie and co overtook me again. From there I just stayed on track and Casper made a mistake somewhere again and I managed to get past him, and that's how it stayed for the race. Race 2: I had a bad start from 7th and went to last. Took advantage of @H_Belane crashing this time after a few laps and I got a few positions. He has too much class and was past me on the 3rd last corner a lap or two later. I accidentally clipped his rear bumper as I downshifted and luckily he didnt spin, just drifted I hope... Sorry about that Hank. Stayed ahead of Casper till the end. Thanks again @Interslice for organising

Nice one :thumbsup: Thanks Brian, too bad you missed it.

With no practice and knowledge of the track/car combo, my expectations were very low. Qualy and Race 1 was practice time for me but thanks to Erik, I finished P5 and took pole for race 2 :) Could lead the pack into T1 and led for a couple of laps. Having found a good rythm and understanding of the car, I could keep Thomas behind me. Only thing I didn't expect to that extend, was tyre degradation. Never thought that you could kill a medium tyre in 15 minutes... Lost my pace and P1 to Thomas and came home second. Congratulations well driven :thumbsup:

Another enjoyable evening racing these classic cars even if the two races ended up with different results for me.
In race one, two mistakes; I bogged the M3 off the start and got passed by a few cars, and then got the power down too early out of T4 which put me sideways for a second or two. Ernie’s incident with Andreas at T1 meant I inherited fourth place and managed to run at a decent pace all on my own on the mediums for what I thought was fourth until Erik disappeared on the lap, so P3 and happy days!

Race two and a third place start and a case of should have, could have, would have............should have switched to the hards, could have run at a quicker pace during the last quarter of the race an would have ( maybe;)) taken another third place finish?????
But I think I must have hit the ‘magic’ button by mistake with 5 minutes to go as like a magician, I disappeared into the pit lane as those pesky mediums went off. :confused:Either that or that scoundrel Ernie has a voodoo doll when he gets me in his sights and mistakes come thick and fast!:devilish::D:D
I got going again and had fun with Erik with a drag race up the finish straight and side by side through T1, 2 and 3. But all that excitement took it’s toll on those mediums again and another excursion into the barrier at T4 in the last minute saw me drop down the field.
But all in all some fun racing, congratulations to the winners, thanks to Brian for setting this up, you were missed, and looking forward to some more racing in these cars.

Really struggled against the BMW, come to think of it I always have struggled with those Rotters in BMW’s. The Alfa was really hard pressed here the 50 kg certainly blunted their advantage..
Could actually keep with Andreas at times, usually don’t stand a chance against them.
in fact I got very close, really sorry about that. I had my foot resting on the accelerator, I pushed harder and harder on the brakes, bugger I am not going to stop, bang around we both went. The good news is by the time I had hit Andreas I finally remembered to take my foot of the accelerator.:redface::redface:
So chuffed at @RFE3rd , an quite amazing turn around to take 5 seconds from his time, from his previous practice time.
A most entertaining two races, luckily two 20 minutes races gives you a chance to put right the cod’s up I did in race 1.
Under a lot of pressure at he end from a fast driven BMW, my mediums by then we’re shot, I hoped the BMW was on mediums to, probably was.:roflmao:

After P2 in last Sunday's GT3 at Laguna Seca another good result in this race at Sachsenring. Went for hard tires which compromised in the first half but were little bit more constant at the end of race.
After good start in second race had a good fight with Andreas always being just few tenth behind him keeping up pressure. As he got oversteer out of first corner finally could do an overtake and after that could play out my hard tires. So came home P1 at german home terrain which was great.
Thanks Brian for organizing.
Cu all next time.

After P2 in last Sunday's GT3 at Laguna Seca another good result in this race at Sachsenring. Went for hard tires which compromised in the first half but were little bit more constant at the end of race.
After good start in second race had a good fight with Andreas always being just few tenth behind him keeping up pressure. As he got oversteer out of first corner finally could do an overtake and after that could play out my hard tires. So came home P1 at german home terrain which was great.
Thanks Brian for organizing.
Cu all next time.

In the 30 min race it was hard tyres all the way. Over 20 mins maybe mediums are the way to go?!

In the 30 min race it was hard tyres all the way. Over 20 mins maybe mediums are the way to go?!
Nope, they are dead after 15mins at least at this track. Could defend against Thomas until that point but after the right side was gone I lost a lot of time. Endless oversteer ..

Last edited:
@H_Belane thought I would give a mention, especially after this weeks talk about applying 60% damage to Gt3, etc, etc.
Obviously quicker, spent what seemed like many laps trying to overtake, skilfully backed out of lots of them as the risk factor grew.
Got me on the last corner, last lap, I just got a good bit of good fortune that he gave slightly too much throttle a the back came around.
So thankyou for your very considerate and skilful driving.
One note, never come across him before but raced him with a lot of confidence, never for once felt that a punt was on the cards.
Normally if I see a new comer to our series, I am very careful..
Nice to say something positive. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hi Folks, tuesday we're at fuji speedway for a special event in the mazda 787b. Hope you can join!

I've been using these to try and help me, what do you think?
View attachment 479009View attachment 479010

Hi Jim, while i don't see anything wrong there as such I would say it's possiblly over complex resulting in making too many adjustments or get too wrapped up in the setup corrections rather than driving ones. For example if you have understeer in one or two corners do you just need to brake a bit earlier and get in the power sooner. Or you are spending an hour adjusting 7 or 8 suspension settings when 1 click of ARB would have done it.

Club update

Good Evening gents.

Myself and Han have decided to streamline down to one event each for the summer. I am going to run the gt3 races on Sundays and Han will continue with the Wednesday night multiclass. There are now also many other race series now added to the clubs calender if 2 events is not enough for you!

We will hopefully resume the vintage racing later in the year.
If anyone has a passion for vintage AC cars and wants to run the clubs vintage events please get in touch with myself or @HF2000.

Thanks to all who took part in the tuesday vintage events this year. It was a pleasure to organise and race in them :thumbsup:

Cheers

Brian

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%